• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

But that is not really a fair comparison since you clearly didn't start at that date. You seem to have given the AI several years to screw everything and everyone up (considering the map I see there). Then again, that could be the Slovakia-factor coming to effect. I'm not sure of my own statement now...............

But that is not really a fair comparison since you clearly didn't start at that date. You seem to have given the AI several years to screw everything and everyone up (considering the map I see there). Then again, that could be the Slovakia-factor coming to effect. I'm not sure of my own statement now...............
There is no 44 start date in HOI4, sadly. I had to sit there for 5 hours in the Dominican Republic while the AI fumbled it's way to June 1944.

sebas379 - And of course many of the Slovak troops will never have seen motorised vehicles of any type before, which can only add to their shock.

Giob - I genuinely believe Paradox would struggle if they attempted to deliberately make the AI do these sort of things.

SFSLovenought - I look forward to seeing how alt-T&T manage to ruin everything despite actually getting some resources.

Gen. Marshall / Giob - Now is the time of Gameplay / How To / Look at this exploit type AARs for HOI4. The narrative and history books ones will follow as people learn the game. It will take a while for the comedy ones, people have to understand the game before you can make jokes about it. But I think it will be promising, any game where the developers have decided Communist Luxembourg should get the name of Rosa Luxemburg has great potential.

SFSLovenought - I find that Slovakia terrifying with it's technology and industry. I am at least re-assured they've kept the same completely incorrect ministers. I also salute your devotion to the Slovak cause, several hours of running the Dominican Republic sounds really dull.

sebas379 - I assume that Paradox will add later start dates as DLC at some point, that is their normal habit.

26th August 1944
26th August

We return to the Slovak Supreme Command Shed as the cream of the nation's political leadership gather to await news from Italy. While they wait the military command are explaining the intricacies of Axis Grand Strategy to Tiso and Tuka.

"So what is the plan if the 1st (Original and Best) Division does get to Predappio before the Allies." Tiso asked.

"Link up with the Bulgarian 6th Division and run away further to join the 1st Croatian Army in Forli." Catlos explained.

"Really?" Tuka asked.

"Oh yes, the Croatian forces are the vital linchpin of the defence of Eastern Italy." Catlos said.

"And they've sent an entire Army?" Tiso further asked.

"It's mainly just a HQ of them." Viest admitted.

"And that's the key to the defence of Italy is it?" Tiso asked.

"I never said they were a very good linchpin." Catlos argued.

"And compared to the complete lack of any defence at all of Western Italy it's actually quite impressive." Viest added.

There was very little Tiso or Tuka felt they could add to that, so they returned to the original subject.

"Couldn't we just run away straight to Forli?" Tuka asked.

"Oh no, that's utterly against the rules." Catlos looked horrified.

"Once you've chosen a route for running away you have to stick to it." Viest said solemnly. "It's in the rules of war."

"Even if that means running away straight into a Prisoner of War camp?" Tiso asked in confusion.

"Yes. The rules are clear." Catlos said firmly.

Tiso and Tuka never got a chance to respond as the phone rang with news. Catlos answered.

"W.." Tiso started to ask, but the look on Catlos' face said it all.

op2QCOq.jpg

The chunk of British territory where a Slovak division should be. Still, at least the Bulgarian 6th Division made it! and those divisions of trapped Alpini haven't surrendered (yet).
/pop/

/glug, glug, glug/

Last edited:
And suddenly, the Axis' chances of succesfully defending Italy have increased tenfold as the Slovakia factor is taken out of the equasion.

Reactions:
Surt - Only 1/3rd of the Army actually. Still two brave (?) divisions left

Gen. Marshall - As the title says, defeat is inevitable. Even if they'd survived that retreat their luck couldn't hold forever.

sebas379 - I'm not convinced a mixed bag of random Axis Minor HQs and a single Bulgarian division can do much in Italy. It may be possible Slovakia was the most competent force present in Axis Italy!

Surt - Indeed, Slovakia is still quite some way off rock bottom. Obviously they are going to hit that point, if not deeper, but they haven't yet.

Nathan Madien - Such advanced tactics and technology, I think you are just taunting the Slovak high command now.

uberjedi - A truly Pruzinsky-esque way to look on the bright side. Have you considered a job in the Slovak Minister of Fire and Smoke? They are always looking for a few more blind optimists.

Reactions:
Nathan Madien - Such advanced tactics and technology, I think you are just taunting the Slovak high command now.

It's just as well. If Pokemon existed for real, they wouldn't do Slovakia any good since Slovakia wouldn't have Pokeball technology.

29th August 1944 - SNU Edition Update
29th August

We begin not in the dark heart of Bratislava, but in the nondescript and frankly dull town of Zlate Moravce. There, amongst the bricks and sinks that made the town utterly unheard of even by other Slovakians, a dramatic speech was reaching it's climax.

"For too long has Slovakia suffered under the cruel hardship of independence, condemned to run it's own affairs instead of having competent leadership imposed on it. That ends this day! For today we will remove the heavy burden of self determination from Slovakia and restore the righteous yoke of Czech control! Today we start the fight to restore Czechoslovakia!" The speaker roared.

The crowd did not go wild. The speaker looked a bit confused at this.

"Any questions?" He asked.

"We can probably take over Slovakia and no-one would care. But aren't the Germans likely to notice when we try and un-annex the bits they are occupying?" A member of the crowd asked.

"They might, but we shall be assisted by the might of the Soviet army. They will help us liberate our country!" The speaker re-assured the crowd.

"So we're trading half the country being free, for the entire country being run by Stalin?" Someone else clarified.

"It will be a united Czechoslovakia!"

"But run by Stalin. Are we sure this is actually an improvement?"

"Well it's too late now, we've ordered the outfits and hats so we're doing this uprising." The speaker instructed.

5Jx09xi.jpg

It begins! The much threatened Slovak National Uprising. An uprising that contained a surprising number of Czechs and not much in the way of Slovakians.

Shortly later, back in the dark heart of Bratislava, T&T are "catching up on vital affairs of state". They are awoken from their drunken slumber by the door bursting inwards.

"What have I told you messengers about bursting into doors with knocking?" Tuka threatened.

"I am no ordinary messenger." The mysterious figure replied.

Tiso looked up and tried to focus.

"No, it can't be." He mumbled, unable to believe what his eyes were telling him.

"Yes, it is I. Messenger 13!" The figure confirmed.

"The forbidden messenger!" Tuka said in tones of hushed awe.

"Indeed. And you are required in the Grand Command Complex." And with that the messenger vanished in a blur of smashing doors, leaving only a beautiful hand sketched map.

Tiso and Tuka followed the directions, taking them to a lavishly equipped command centre a world away from the usual command shed. Cutting straight to the irrelevance of the issue, Tuka began shouting.

"General! Why on earth do we keep meeting in that damned shed if we have a proper command centre?" He yelled.

"We wanted to save it for special occasions." General Catlos replied.

"And being involved in an existential world spanning conflict wasn't special enough?! What on earth was?"

"The Czechs!" Catlos replied, spitting on the floor.

There was a brief pause, due to an outbreak of disgusted spitting.

"The foul betrayer Viest is leading an uprising of traitors against us. He has raised a rag tag army and intends to march on Bratislava." Catlos

"General Viest? A traitor? But why?" Tuka asked.

"Because he was Czech!" Catlos explained, prompting another round of disgusted spitting on the floor.

Tiso and Tuka are stunned into silence, eventually Tiso finds his voice.

"Is it just Viest? Or do we have other Czech traitors hiding in our ranks?" He asked.

"We checked and the General Staff have prepared this briefing on the cabinet." Catlos replied.

Twz4Rjx.jpg

Can you tell General Catlos was the lead author behind this report?

With their elite team checked and ready for the fight, Tiso and Tuka must now face their greatest foe: Civil War!

--
As promised, a semi-realistic Slovak National Uprising. How will T&T cope? Apart from badly obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions:
With a bit of luck, the Germans will solve the issue. With a bit of bad luck, the Soviets would render it a smooth point.

Kurt_Steiner - You forget that the Italian front has utterly collapsed so it's equally possible the British will charge across the Alps and get their first. The Race to Bratislava is still anyone's to win!

Surt - The full disposition of the mighty Slovakian Army will be covered in the next update.

Damn it forum why do you not alert me of updates here anymore! Must be Slovakian technology.

The uprising! But what are all these filthy Czechs doing here, this is unheard of! I demand, I, I don't know what but this will not do!
Also, If the Slovak division was the linchpin of Italian defence, that sector has been well and truly lost for months. Yes, months.

I love the abridged ministers screenshot :D .

I've spent the last few days readng this, and all I have to say is...

Slovakia is incompetence personified
It's no surprise that division died
T&T are completely doomed
We all knew the civil war loomed
And that's why the undeniably true meaning to what intrinsic worth there is in our lives is lost within the cosmic microwave background.