• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How many brigades do you see in the ledger? (HOI 3 has a ledger, right? It's been a long time since I played it.)

HOI3 does have a ledger, so T&T should be able to sort that out for you.
And yes that is a shamelessly disguised T&T vote

megaspider01 -Semi-fun is perhaps pushing it, but vote noted.

SFSLovenought - I like the way you think. Though bear in mind the New World may contain armed locals, possibly even some with viciously sharp mangoes. Do you really think Slovakia could cope with that?

Athalcor - Indeed. The sun revolves around the earth, just as world affairs revolve around Bratislava. People will be suggesting there are more than four elements next!

Gen. Marshall / Stuyvesant /megaspider01 - Lots of vote noted.
post: 20003062, member: 716702"]I don't feel like making a witty joke today, T&T flavoured event[/QUOTE]

sebas379 - That's the T&T spirit

Stuyvesant - For every T&T vote there is an equal and opposite semi-realistic vote certainly.

SFSLovenought - Alas your boat vote option didn't excite the electorate. A noble effort though.

keynes2.0 - Time only moves slowly in Slovakia, possibly the large amount of goats conspire to bend space time. Or the presence of such concentrated and undiluted literal mindedness and wilful ignorance.

Gen. Marshall / Stuyvesant -Tiso-Tukan is a much better name for the faction for both the reasons Stuyvesant listed. A hyphenated toucan is a wonderful thing.

keynes2.0 / 4th Dimension /Stuyvesant - Some questionable flag colour counting there. Though the flags are disappointingly, almost Slovakianly, pixelated.

Athalcor - A post designed to invoke much Slovak spitting. Good work. The more time they spend spitting on the floor in disgust, the less trouble they can make elsewhere.

SFSLovenought - The sad part is that Slovakia building a navy is the least realistic part of that entire plan.

keynes2.0 - Florida Rules dictate many of your votes are discounted and that only the one for 'Tanks' counts. It may seem harsh but those are the rules. You may register a formal complaint to the Voter Colonel if you wish.

SFSLovenought - Counting HQs, Slovakia boasts over 9 brigades! (It's 10 brigades in total).

sebas379 - And with that you claim the last vote of this section.

Current Voting Tally
No uprising - 6 it's not going well votes
Semi-realistic-ish - 33 semi-inflatable votes
T&T flavoured event - 35 Dutch flavoured votes
Tanks -15 benefiting from administrative rules but still losing badly votes
Boats - 2 keeping no uprising of the bottom votes

As you may have noticed I was unable to keep up my blistering early pace, hence this vote has carried on longer than I first expected. Voting will close either after the next, next update or 23:59 GMT Tuesday, whichever comes first. There may be a small prize for anyone who can guess what the significance of that day is. Or there may not.

In any event, let us now return to Bratislava!

18th August 1944 - The Medium of Dance Edition Update
18th August (Still)

Tiso and Tuka are being briefed in the Slovak General Staff Command Shed/Bunker. After considering, but rapidly rejecting, the challenge of explaining the concept of tanks to the General Staff (a task that would also require explaining internal combustion, steel, the concept of metalworking and possibly even the invention of fire) they have decided to risk asking about the Italian Front.

"Any news from the Italian Front General?" Tiso asked, his voice barely quavering.

"Yes." General Catlos replied.

There was a pause. It lengthened. Realising the Catlos wasn't going to start speaking again, Tiso asked the follow up question.

"And what is it?"

"The Italian Front? It's the frontline of the war in Italy, which is below Austria, above Malta, a bit to the left of Croatia and Albania. But that's not important right now, what is important is that we've got some news." Catlos replied.

The worst thing was that Tiso was now so used to this sort of thing he didn't even feel the pull of the hipflask, instead he merely let Tuka scream obscenities.

After a particularly inventive section of shouting from his colleague, Tiso felt it was the correct time to restart the meeting.

"Please show us this news." He asked his errant general.

A shaken and upset looking Catlos handed over a vast pile of stained and battered reports and telegrams.

Soon realising there was far too much for them to go through alone, and slightly concerned at how much appeared to have been written in crayon, Tiso gave up.

"General, we can't read all this. Please interpret this for us." He asked.

"Very well." Catlos said. With that he stood up, shrugged of his uniform and danced.

e0F8r3l.png

General Catlos describing the Slovakian position on the Italian Front through the medium of interpretative dance. His arms represented the status of the front line, his legs the estimated strength of the allied forces and the angle of his hat described the supply situation. In contrast, and in strict accordance with the sacred and immutable laws of Interpretative Dance, the point of his toes expressed the General Staff's view on man's inhumanity to man. As should be obvious from Catlos exquisite toe positioning, the General Staff were very much in favour of it.

With one last flourish the dance ended and an exhausted Catlos collapsed, artistically, on the ground, his final sprawl expressing his own personal view on the Slovak Army's chances.

With that we leave the Slovak High Command Shed, it's inhabitants stunned into an awed silence, a silence only broken by the soft rattle and glugs of several hipflasks being opened and emptied.

---
Bonus Note: I've only just noticed how much General Catlos looks like Jeremy Corbyn in that photo. A delightful feature that hopefully makes up for the inexcusable delays in this update being produced.

Last edited:
Reactions:
keynes2.0 - Florida Rules dictate many of your votes are discounted and that only the one for 'Tanks' counts. It may seem harsh but those are the rules. You may register a formal complaint to the Voter Colonel if you wish.

Oooooh, being a dissident sounds fun! I've heard that no one has ever complained to this Colonel twice!

The rain almost washed away the island town to the south of us, but it won't deter me from casting my vote (so long as no trees topple and take out the power to our neighborhood...)! Tiso and Tuka get my vote.

EDIT: Had to submit before I hit midnight here in soggy Wilmington (11:56 pm EDT - phew!). Enjoyed the update in bemused silence, which I assume is the normal reaction to interpretative dance. Oh, and I feel enlightened knowing that the Slovak General Staff is strongly in favor of man's inhumanity to man. It certainly explains a thing or two about the briefings they organize for Tiso and Tuka.

I cast one lonely, very lonely, so lonely it makes Pluto look like the life of the party vote for "No Uprising". I have built my house there and I shall inhabit that spot until I either get evicted or it burns down (which ever one comes first).

"The Italian Front? It's the frontline of the war in Italy, which is below Austria, above Malta, a bit to the left of Croatia and Albania. But that's not important right now, what is important is that we've got some news." Catlos replied.

Anyone who makes a Leslie Nielsen reference cannot be a bad person. At all.

or 23:59 GMT Tuesday, whichever comes first.

According to my endless historical knowledge that can be no other than Dukla Pass Victims Day in Slovakia, the fall of said pass completed the Soviet liberation of the Ukraine and saw their forces pouring into Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
I am of course expecting a 100% accurate reenactment of this campaign here, down to the correct divisions taking part on either side and in the correct poitions. Alright, I'll let you recreate it semi-realistically, you only have to get the correct number of divisions on either side involved instead of the correct divisions themselves. As long as you get the commanders right.

I'm not asking for much so that shouldn't be a problem methinks.

SFSLovenought - Counting HQs, Slovakia boasts over 9 brigades! (It's 10 brigades in total).
Actually, I was wondering how many brigades the major powers have.

Also, it just occurred to me that there should be several CZECH divisions somewhere on the front lines. The Allies had the Government in Exile units, and the Soviets had a Czech division composed of prisoners released from Gulags. You should identify these units and destroy them, for the glory of Slovakia!

Did I mention yet that I want to win?

I vote for a Tiso&Tuka Flavoured Event

Ha!

A surprising turn of events, for sure, but not as surprising as the admission that you believe there can be any kind of winning involved with this Slovakia. :)

Will cast my daily vote later, to create more a more acceptable amount of separation between yesterday's and today's vote.

Though I stand once again victorious (as covert Dutchman and therefore destined T&T voter), I do wonder where our update is. Don't worry about going faster than real time, El Pip, that won't be an issue at all!

Actually, have you ever considered making an actual real-time AAR, with perhaps weekly or bi-weekly updates? You might be the only person on these forums fit for such a daunting task.

keynes2.0 - The Voter Colonel efficiently deals with both the complaint and the person who made them.

Stuyvesant - Silence is the correct response to interpretative dance, some people are so moved by it they can never gather the emotional strength to watch it again.

Nathan Madien - I admire your persistence in staying by your burning house. And I entirely agree with your sentiments on Leslie Nielsen references. :)

Gen. Marshall - Semi-loyal voting

keynes2.0 - Minimising the shame for no uprising, I'm sure Nathan will thank you for that.

sebas379 - A good bit of research, a genuine Slovak memorial day.

Stuyvesant - Pasta and T&T, what a bewitching combination.

SFSLovenought - Can't see the brigades of non-Allies I'm afraid. But I can confirm there are no explicitly Czech units, blame Swedish laziness and/or incompetence. It's a safe bet for most of these problems.

Gen. Marshall - A shocking defection!,

Stuyvesant - You have won over your greatest rival. Congratulations!

keynes2.0 - Such loyalty to a sympathetic cause.

Stuyvesant - Indeed you just sneaked in before the deadline and claim the honour of the last vote.

Gen. Marshall - Whereas your last vote missed the deadline. I can think of no task I am less suited to than a real time AAR, I believe it would require a regular schedule such that you could always make time for playing and writing. I have none of that.

That said it would be an interesting one to follow, if only to see how the writer grappled with the problem of the weeks when nothing of any interest happened.

Final Voting Tally
No uprising - 9 one last hurrah votes
Semi-realistic-ish - 35 abandoned in the end votes
T&T flavoured event - 39 windmill-tastic clog wearing votes
Tanks -15 disappointing finish votes
Boats - 2 not that popular in the end votes

So the Slovak National Uprising shall occur, but with a T&T flavour and no guarantee of resembling the actual events in any way. Congratulations to the winners, commiserations to the losers and patronising head patting to Boats for trying very hard.

That said it would be an interesting one to follow, if only to see how the writer grappled with the problem of the weeks when nothing of any interest happened.
But that's easy - the fewer events actually happen, the more Tiso-Tukan the nature of the update. Honestly, I think you could do it, if under the guise of a very lazy main protagonist writing a diary at semi-regular intervals :D

Congratulations to the winners
Thank you.