• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OriginalRafiki

Monkeyboy
5 Badges
Jan 14, 2003
www.paradoxian.org
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Rise of Prussia
Hi!

Inspired by Castellon's unit FAQ and because I'm such a peacful person that I have far more need for hard numbers on industry than on units ;)

For your viewing and referencing pleasure:

An overview of costs for building and operating industries

I haven't verified the numbers yet, so if you spot any errors, feel free to let me know.

:) Rafiki

Last edited:
Excellent work! Beats my handwritten notes scattered across my desk.

One thing that could be an improvement would be a listing of the market structures and their effect in your data.

Monopoly increases factory build cost by 100 % but reduce upgrade costs by 25 %.

Oligopoly increases factory build cost by 25 % but reduce upgrade costs by 10 %.

Polypoly reduces factory build cost by 25 % but increase upgrade costs by 10 %

Also its resource gathering operation. :)

Great work!

Now I just have to organize all my links so I can find all the great stuff people are putting together.

Woooohooo Thanks so much! That's pretty good! :D

Originally posted by Nomen Nescio
Excellent work! Beats my handwritten notes scattered across my desk.
Hehe, thanks. My thoughts exactly as well. I like having the numbers available :D
One thing that could be an improvement would be a listing of the market structures and their effect in your data.

Monopoly increases factory build cost by 100 % but reduce upgrade costs by 25 %.

Oligopoly increases factory build cost by 25 % but reduce upgrade costs by 10 %.

Polypoly reduces factory build cost by 25 % but increase upgrade costs by 10 %
Good point. I'll add some notes about things that influence the numbers in the overview
Also its resource gathering operation. :)
This I didn't understand :confused:

:) rafiki

Originally posted by Doomfarer
Great work!

Now I just have to organize all my links so I can find all the great stuff people are putting together.

Hopefully, most of this stuff will find its' way into the FAQ forum in due time.

Also, take a look at Gaute's Help for the overwhelmed newbie which is becoming a nice metathread for different stuff.

Originally posted by rafiki
Good point. I'll add some notes about things that influence the numbers in the overview
And now the things you mentioned have been added.

Originally posted by Doomfarer
Quick work there. Shouldn't you be playing instead? ;)
I'm at work, so it's working I should be doing instead of reading forums and making/updating overviews ;) :D

:) rafiki

Originally posted by C.N.
How about adding tech needed to build factory also?
Good point. Since this requires some research, I'll need some time to do it :)

Rafiki

[BThis I didn't understand :confused:
[/B]

You wrote regional gathering operation instead of resource. But it doesn't matter, it's just a typo. :)

I checked your values with the factory-input file and found a miss. The steamer factory takes 5 steel not 15.

You wrote regional gathering operation instead of resource. But it doesn't matter, it's just a typo. :)

I checked your values with the factory-input file and found a miss. The steamer factory takes 5 steel not 15.
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding, I thought it was something more complicated :)

Boths typos fixed.

Originally posted by C.N.
How about adding tech needed to build factory also?
And voila! Now it's there. Thanks for the suggestion.

And voila! Now it's there. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're missing one thing: The tech Freedom of Trade is needed to build any factory except wineries, liquor destillerys and (IIRC) clipper shipyards. This is also needed for the oil rig RGO.

In addition you need army tech Infiltration for barrel (tank) factories :)