• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(29568)

Second Lieutenant
May 24, 2004
www.oswego.edu
I finally figured out what strange flag included with vanilla HoI as the Indian flag was for. Apparently they also put Indochina in the game but misnamed it to IND when the tag is IDC. At any rate, I have made a new flag, shield and counter for Indochina (counter is also available in my 2nd counters pack).

Just a bit of background, Indochina refers to Southeast Asia and usually more specifically what is now occured by Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and the term is sometimes used for Siam (Thailand) and Burma (Myanmar). Apparently there was an actual loose alliance of sorts of several Southeast Asian kingdoms at one point which was called Indochina and had nothing to do with terms like French Indochina (referring to the French control over Vietnam and Cambodia) and this is where the flag is from. While the game's timeline is a bit too early for the liberation of Vietnam or Cambodia (late 50s/early 60s) this is a good country for simulating a successful liberation of the area in the proper timeline.

EDIT:

Fixed the file.

Attachments

• indochinapack.rar
    47,1 KB · Views: 252
Last edited: