IndieFAQ guide: Attack Attack Attack! - 2020 Attrition Strategy for Darkest Hour

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

InfArmMot

Second Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2018
Skærmbillede fra 2020-08-04 16-10-42.png
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game – How to Beat a Stronger Side in War – Attrition

Mr. Nich Darkest Hour attrition guide for Darkest Hour

I have not tried out this strategy my self, however, considering the game often ends up in a war of attrition, it might be worth the try. The guide also has some useful tips on what to do and not to do, when playing against the 'AI'. Not sure if this guide will work well in a multiplayer game.

Contents
1. Attack, Attack, Attack.
2. We need more men… or do we?
3. Organisation.
4. Battle tactics (general).
5. Battle tactics (specific).
6. Aircraft.

Final words from Mr. Nich:
I have used these tactics to win many times as Nationalist China, Also win as Abyssinia in 1933 AND 1936, plus defeat the USSR as British Raj (using the Korean Peninsula)

I'm no Heinz Guderian, but I have a feeling this strategy will not work in my current game as Finland against the USSR :po_O

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Try this as germany, and you will have to explain to the Fuhrer why its men die in trenches.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
As already said, when playing against the 'AI', attrition might be worth a try. Perhaps even in some multiplayer games, when playing a nation with a big population, attrition might work out just fine.