IndieFAQ guide: Attack Attack Attack! - 2020 Attrition Strategy for Darkest Hour

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

InfArmMot

Sergeant
Dec 18, 2018
Skærmbillede fra 2020-08-04 16-10-42.pngDarkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game – How to Beat a Stronger Side in War – Attrition
Mr. Nich Darkest Hour attrition guide for Darkest Hour

I have not tried out this strategy my self, however, considering the game often ends up in a war of attrition, it might be worth the try. The guide also has some useful tips on what to do and not to do, when playing against the 'AI'. Not sure if this guide will work well in a multiplayer game.

Contents
1. Attack, Attack, Attack.
2. We need more men… or do we?
3. Organisation.
4. Battle tactics (general).
5. Battle tactics (specific).
6. Aircraft.

Final words from Mr. Nich:
I have used these tactics to win many times as Nationalist China, Also win as Abyssinia in 1933 AND 1936, plus defeat the USSR as British Raj (using the Korean Peninsula)

Pasha

General
2 Badges
May 26, 2005
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
I'm no Heinz Guderian, but I have a feeling this strategy will not work in my current game as Finland against the USSR :po_O

• 3Haha
Reactions:

Eugenioso

General
6 Badges
Sep 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines
Try this as germany, and you will have to explain to the Fuhrer why its men die in trenches.

• 1Haha
Reactions:

InfArmMot

Sergeant
Dec 18, 2018
As already said, when playing against the 'AI', attrition might be worth a try. Perhaps even in some multiplayer games, when playing a nation with a big population, attrition might work out just fine.