• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FTG Kelvin 0

Recruit
6 Badges
May 22, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
I just got back into Cities Skylines about a week ago and decided to play a fresh install. I reinstalled mods and assets that should be compatible with the new version, and for a while they were. However, in the middle of the playthrough, the game shows an error titled "array index is out of range" and provides no details. I can click "ok" but the game does not let me do anything else except move around and click on the pause menu. It isn't frozen, but time does not move and I cannot place anything down. I tried to disable both mods and assets, but I still experienced the same error. I tried a new map and that played just fine until about a few hours in on creating the city, the error popped up again. I am not sure what is going on and any help would be nice. Attached is the output log.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    168,4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hmm, disabling should be enough (as long as you have restarted the game between loads), but just to be sure I would try unsubscribing it and restarting the game. I don't have much experience with that particular mod, but some mods run or partially run despite being disabled. If it's still there without the mod, upload another output log from the attempt without Climate Control and we'll see if it's changed anything.

Hmm, disabling should be enough (as long as you have restarted the game between loads), but just to be sure I would try unsubscribing it and restarting the game. I don't have much experience with that particular mod, but some mods run or partially run despite being disabled. If it's still there without the mod, upload another output log from the attempt without Climate Control and we'll see if it's changed anything.
First, thank you for helping me out. Second, I uninstalled the Climate Control from my game, closed down the game, booted it back up, and still had the same exact problem. Posted is the new game log.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    167,1 KB · Views: 0
Let's see if it's mod related at all. Add the launch option -disableMods in Steam before starting the game and see if the error is still there when you have no mods running at all.
So I added the launch option to disable mods, and the mods were successfully disabled when the game launched. However, it still crashed the same way. I will post the crash log again.

I mean... could it be the map that is causing the crash? Idk why it would, it has all of the connections and everything. Not too many assets in the map itself either.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    159,4 KB · Views: 0
So it isn't a mod. It could be something related to the map or it could be a building. Have you made any changes to the map lately which involved placing or removing a watersource? Have you placed any custom water-related buildings lately - either ones from the workshop or some you edited yourself? If you remember placing any buildings lately that fit the bill, try disabling them in the content manager and load the city to see if that helps.

Btw can you click away the error while the game is paused, or does it pop up indefinitely also when the game is paused?

I did place something that added a water source to a lake I made. I went in to delete that (after reinstating the mods, I needed to in order to delete the lake) and it still had the same exact problem. I don't have any water buildings that I can think of. None directly related to water for sure. I tried disabling all of the assets a while ago just to make sure and it still showed the same error. The pop up only comes on once, so I can click "ok" and it goes away and never shows up again until I reload it. I can then click around and move around, but time is actually frozen (even though the game doesnt say it is) and I cannot place anything down. I tried to attach the video but this site doesn't take files that big. Also the output log of course.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    167,2 KB · Views: 0
Oh damn, so your simulation is all wonky. Hmm, in that case there's a few mod options you can try. The Loading Screen Mod has a Safe Mode option you can enable. Then there's the Save Our Saves mod which you can also add and enable. Both can do their thing at the same time. They aren't designed for this specific error, but worth a try at least.

Do you have any older versions of your city you could try? Just to see if the issue is always there or of something recent happened to cause it.

Ok so I tried both mods on Safe Mode, but I still received the same error. However, I had another game that I started after the first one broke. It is on the same map that I downloaded from the Workshop and it ran fine... until I tried to turn on the water pump. As soon as I turned on the water pump, the game crashed the same way as before. This aligns with the output log that I have received. The thing is, when I go into the first map and turn off the water pumps, it still crashes the game. I have no idea what is going on lol.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    169,3 KB · Views: 0
Sure thing. Idk why but I'm starting to think it's the map. It looks perfectly fine with all of the road and regional connections, but I started a city on a new map and so far it is running fine. It could be a coincidence though and I haven't done the thing that broke the other maps, but something to think about. I am not sure how to find the saved game since it is saved to Steam Cloud, would you mind assisting me with finding that in my folder? Again thank you for everything

Map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694089598&searchtext=egyptian+river

You can find could saves here - the path might be slightly different depending on where your Steam is installed. Replace the ######## with your Steam ID.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\########\255710\remote
Or in your Steam cloud directly: