• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hannibal Barca2

General
89 Badges
Sep 27, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Download Version 1.2.3:
- For Doomsday
- For Armageddon

WHAT IS INDEPENDENT NATIONS MOD?

This is a minor mod intended to be addable on the 1936 scenario without having significant impact on the game itself. Its purpose is merely to include various nations which paradox saw fit to exclude from vanilla game of various (and some probably good) reasons. However, in terms of interest I chose to get this nations into game as they give a nice additional flavour :cool:

WHAT IS DONE?

Mainly I have done what this mod is all about; add new countries. For these I have of course added ministers, leaders, tech-teams, armies, ai-files etc. of which all are historically accurate. Some graphics are added as well, in addition to bunches of events concerning elections and general development of these countries. It might also be in interest to know that several of these countries have real new provinces modified into map.

WHICH COUNTRIES ARE INCLUDED THUS FAR?

Thus far I have included most states for 1936, allthough I plan to add countries which appear later in game's timeline as well. For now, list of countries included are:

- Andorra
- Danzig
- Egypt
- Iceland
- Liechtenstein
- Order of Malta
- Monaco
- Newfoundland
- San Marino
- Tavolara
- Vatican City

Last edited:
I don't imagine who the admiral of the Lichtenstein fleet might be... or evean the cheaf of army, probably a Warcraft 3 fan in Vaduz, nor do I see the puprouse of these countries in this game, they don't have any IC or manpower.

Vatican is important and many mods have it (I miself made some events, in wich the pope claims his former lands ant then, after building the army, invades the world to build the roman empire :rofl:

ROMANU said:
I don't imagine who the admiral of the Lichtenstein fleet might be... or evean the cheaf of army, probably a Warcraft 3 fan in Vaduz, nor do I see the puprouse of these countries in this game, they don't have any IC or manpower.

Vatican is important and many mods have it (I miself made some events, in wich the pope claims his former lands ant then, after building the army, invades the world to build the roman empire :rofl:
The Swiss Guard shall spread the word of God :rofl:

Jarno said:
haha, im downloading it now and then i can destroy the vatican finely xD
edit: where/what is Tavolara?

Italy will get an event for releasing Tavolara in 1940... It's a tiny island northeast of Sardinia :)

Last edited:
How are you modeling San Marino, Monaco, Andorra, and Lichtenstein?

He means that many of those nations are so small that they would not show up on the HOI2 map as provinces.

In some mods that add the Vatican it's added as a nation with one off-map province, so that it can exist while Italy still owns Rome.

Off-map provinces can be linked to map-provinces, like in mod34 you can walk from Rome to Vatican City by clicking unit's mission bar and selecting "move" and from province list there is Vatican. When units arrive there, when you drag mouse over Rome it selects the units but they are invisible. Just right-clicky to Rome to get them back.
You could add Liechtenstein to link with Lech (westernmost Austrian province) so it can be annexed if anyone wants. Monaco with that south province which links Italy and France.

Hannibal Barca2 said:
Ah, yes of course I had to do it that way =p
Can't give San Marino all of Rimini, Monaco all of Nice or Vatican all of Rome Lol
EDIT: As I've learned to edit map, all microstates will now have their own "real" provinces

That's cool Hannibal, just that clicking on them would take a few hours atleast! :eek:

But then of course, none of the smallies would have an army, airforce or navy.

cool.... in my opinion, you should start a new MOD and create a new map (hystorica, phisical, military, acurate map) also by teaching others to work with the editor, I'm willing to do that.....

but there is a problem regarding military AI, for example, it would be phisiclay imposible to fit 30 divs into monaco... get my point?