Increase Amenity Production from MI Maintenance Drones

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bankipriel

Colonel
70 Badges
May 7, 2016
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
IMHO, Machine Intelligence empires are really *not* fun to play right now.

They needed a nerf, but the percentage of population required to maintain a reasonable stability now is ... maybe not ridiculous, but such a boring waiting game, where open building slots must be ignored to preserve stability and energy production ... it just kinda sucks.

I know I'm probably late to the party on this issue, but I've been having such a blast with megacorps I haven't played much else in a while.

I thought I'd go back for a play-through on my old favorite, Machine Intelligence ... and man, if normal empires played like machine empires, I would just uninstall Stellaris and never look back.

Please, increase their amenity production ... somehow. They're just terrible right now (2.7.2).

-----
Edit
-----

Also, just to clarify, I was playing *with* the Emotion Emulators trait for +20% Amenity production ... and it was still garbage. Workable, but such a pain I just quit the game and came here to request some kind of change. It's hard to imagine the baseline production is even playable, given that a 20% increase was still terrible.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
don't know why this is downvoted, machine empires are a pain to play at the moment and the problem stemmed from the fact that all machine empires got nerfed equally, assimilators were even more powerful than regular machine empires, now the nerf has come along regular machine empires suck and assimilators are still okay

Reactions:
It's not like maintenance drones are bad, as ways to get more maintenance drones and amenities in general are stupidly limited. Just not fun.

Same for hiveminds, btw. Those that never been strong.

Agreed. Also, generic Gestalt Hive Minds had their amenities from maintenance hubs cut by one worker (same as MIs and at the same time IIRC) and I don't see why, now you just need two or three of the damn things per world. Add an extra upgrade level if you need to the maintenance hub line (thus preserving the initial balance levels) but they really don't need to be worse at providing amenities than any other empire, especially considering maintenance hubs should by all rights be more efficient than any biological entertainment system at providing amenities.