• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(655139)

Recruit
1 Badges
Feb 4, 2013
  • Dungeonland
Upon testing I have found that the aiming on ranged attacks is inconsistent between clicking/clicking rapidly and holding the button down. I am not sure if this is happening to everyone or just me. So, what happens is clicking to attack causes the projectile to fire in a direction slightly above the cursor, while holding it down causes it to fly towards the cursor. This happens both when rapidly clicking to attack (it will always fire above the cursor) and on the first attack when holding the button down.

I've found that it happens in all directions except directly up and directly down. I also found that the closer the cursor is to your character when attacking the bigger the distance between the first shot and the rest.

It happens on all three of both the mages and the rogues classes/weapon types, however for archers it will always fire above the cursor because there is no rapid fire attack when held down (this happens for both the charge attack and non-charged attack). It is definitely not a due to a perk because I had different perks set on my mage and rogue.

I briefly tested it with a controller and it didn't occur, but don't take my word for it. I haven't tested this in an online game but I assume it will be the same.

I've attached screenshots showing the rogue and mages attacks, and the comparison between the cursor being far away from the character and close to it. Notice that I haven't moved the cursor in each pair of screenshots.

I'm sure while writing this I forgot something important so I'll bookmark it and you can let me know if you need any extra info.

Thanks for reading. I hope this helps :)

Edit: So, I forgot to attach the screenshots... And then I couldn't figure out how to attach them... So until I find out how I've added them here: http://imgur.com/a/9klT9

Edit 3: It doesn't seem to happen to possessed minions on DM mode, but I only had the dragon to test it with so I'm not 100% certain.

Note: This isn't really a big issue but I thought I'd bring it up incase it is related. When I tried firing in different directions around my character I found that it can be a bit inconsistent in relation to your cursor. When I aim to the right the projectile will fire almost directly under the point of my cursor, but when I aim to the left the projectile will fire slightly above the cursor (for rapid fire shots AND the first shot, the first shot will still be slightly higher than rapid-fire shots). Similar things happen when aiming up and down.

Edit 2: This isn't really an issue either, but I thought I may as well bring it up while I'm here. If I hold down the fire button and release it just before my second shot fires my character will slide forward a little bit. It happens on both the mage and the rogue. Like I said, it's not a major bug or anything I just thought I'd bring it up anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought about that, but when you are trying to hit invisible enemies the aim assist doesn't apply so it can be annoying trying to hit them sometimes. It's also frustrating when you're trying to hit the targets on The Lumber Tree boss, I remember missing half the targets on that the first time I tried it because my projectiles weren't going where I aimed :( There may be a few other situations but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now.

I just tested it, and it also affects your aim assist. If I put my cursor a little bit below what I want to hit the first shot will have aim assist and hit the enemy, but the second shot will go straight for my cursor and miss the enemy. The same happens if you're trying to hit an enemy close to other enemies, it'll hit the one slightly above your cursor first then hit the one closest to your cursor.