• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea choosing Korea :cool: Alliance with Japan seems unplausible but why the hell not :) good luck aiding the Jap blitz across china.

DirtyCommiePuke said:
If I understand your backstory correctly, then Korea was made independent from Japan after a several year war... an alliance seems highly unlikely.

Not to sound like a broken record here but, Britain and the US also landed troops in Russia during the Russian revolution and before WWII broke out, the USSR allowed German forces to train in Russia and the USSR was a major purchaser of German goods in the post-WWI period and look how those relationships ended up during WWII.

ju87 said:
:( alliance with Japan? HIGHLY unrealistic. why don't u try the comintern? ol' Joe will be too happy to have someone to keep an eye on Japan for him.

Well not nessicarly, sure Japan would probably steamroll over Korea in a matter of months, but if Japan technically controlled them similiar to Manchuria, then yeah. But after the stunt Korea pulled in this AARs timeline i doubt Japan would make any advances. But since this is your AAR why not right :p . Nice update !

Today, Koreans everywhere are celebrating. Korea has entered its first alliance. Korea has been buoyed by hope that they can now Knock Japan off the Continent. With the help of Stalin.

Operation Circle: The Invasion of Manchuko

Korea is now working on the Plan to Invade and capture Manchuria from Japans puppet, Manchuko. The Soviets will absolutely destroy any resitance in the north, while are troops drive for the Victory Points. Korea will be a power! The Operation will consist of 200,000 Soviet Troops, and 110,000 Korean Troops. We expect Manchuko gone rather quick, but don't get our hopes up.

Korean Navy
Any hopes of a Korean led Navy destroying the IJN die here. We are in no position to go attacking them, let alone defend our shores. We may be able to launch a series of Hit and Run Raids on them if they don't start a Naval Blockade. What we really hope to do is destroy Japanese Convoys with Submarines, cutting off their troops in China from needed supplies. Yet for right now, that is not an option.

The Future
Korea knows it must keep building for a brighter future. When the 6 Cavalry Divisions we are building are done, the Invasion will begin.

I have to admit that I also am a fan of Admiral Yi and his armored tortoise ships. It is intriguing to wonder what would have happened in Korea if he had survived, since he was quite the inovator. Interesting so far.

grayghost said:
I have to admit that I also am a fan of Admiral Yi and his armored tortoise ships. It is intriguing to wonder what would have happened in Korea if he had survived, since he was quite the inovator. Interesting so far.

Given that the Japanese invasion failed even without Admiral Yi i don't think his survival would have made much difference.
For a Korea that does better i think avoiding the Literati purges or even the "Liberal" faction taking control would have more of a lasting beneficial effect.

I am taking my time with this update, it might not even come till Wednsday, but it might come Tuesday.

The Japanese Invasion did fail without Yi, but one of the goals of this forum was to make the Korean Fleet a threat to the Japanese, something that hasn't been true since Yi's day. Of course, with my current fleet, the Japanese need only launch a carrier Air Strike.

Over the next few weeks, the Korean Army ordered Operation Circle to proceed as planned. Within a week the Manchurian Army was in shreds. Never fear! the Cry Koreans gave to the Manchu Civilians, your saviors are hear. The only battle oif consequence was the battle of Harbin. The Korean Plan was simple indeed. A Pincer Movement would cut off the Manchu Garrison from escape. The odds were more than stacked in the Koreans favor. The Manchu's were outnumbered 5-2 in men. They also lacked heavy equipment. The Korean Army was in much better shape. 50,000 well armed men. The Manchu's fought bravely, yet were soon forced to surrender and submit for Annexation. On December 3rd, Manchuko was annexed by Korea.

35percent67_7318.jpg

A Korean Soldier comforts a Manchu Civilian

Yet the War with Japan would heat up, and the Korean fleet couldn't leave port. The War needed to take a turn, and currently it didn't look like it would. Still, Koreans celebrated the Destruction of the Japanese puppets.

The War in the sky:
"Today we lost another 5 Planes, and with them 5 good men. We are overwhelmed day after day, yet we continue to go up into the air to engage the Japanese. At this rate we won't have an Airforce." - Anomynous Korean Pilot.

Korea's 1st Air Squadron was going up to attack the Japanese Bombers daily. Yet to the shock of the world, these old Fighters were holding their own. The Japanese losses in the sky were proving heavy. Too heavy. Despite raids daily, the Squadron went up every day. Engaging the Japanese. While the Squadron's Morale and Organization went way down, the news finally improved. 4 Russian Fighter squadrons arrived, and just like that, the Prolem was over. Yet the First Squadron made tons of sacrifices. The Japanese stopped the raids due to their courage. Seoul was saved thanks to these guys. On December 5th, Korea hit them back, with a Bombing run. It did little damage, but it struck fear into the Japanese. Despite good tidings, the Japanese Carrier fleets could strike at will.

The Future:Despite recent success, the Invasion of Japan is along way off.

Coming next updates, lots and lots of Screenshots!

Excellent work on the air defence!

Hmm...Korean Manchuria huh ? sounds like a plan for the Greater Korea to me. Nice update :D

Love it!! FYI the southern half of Manchuria was once Korean. (Kogurya). It took the Tang Dynasty to defeat them.

Will you give yourself cores on Manchuria?

How to give yourself cores?
Write a custom event, like this

event = {
id = 983837
random = no
country = KOR

# manually triggered

name = "Manchurian cores"
desc = "Citing the example of the ancient patriots
of Koguryea, Koreans rejoice in the restoration of
ancient lands to Korean sovereignty"

action_a = {
name = "For the glory of Korea!"
command = { type = addcore which = 981 }
command = { type = addcore which = 984 }
command = { type = addcore which = 985 }
command = { type = addcore which = 986 }
command = { type = addcore which = 980 }
command = { type = addcore which = 979 }
command = { type = addcore which = 977 }
command = { type = addcore which = 972 }
command = { type = addcore which = 982 }
command = { type = addcore which = 974 }
command = { type = addcore which = 973 }
command = { type = addcore which = 971 }
command = { type = addcore which = 976 }
command = { type = addcore which = 975 }
command = { type = dissent value = -50 }#just in case
}
}
Add this event to any file you use in the db/events folder. Add it to the end of the japan.txt file, for example.

Load up the game

Use F12 to get a command console. In the screen type 'event 983837'

The event pops up

Use F12 again to close the screen

Click on the (only) option and bingo! The cores are yours and no dissent!

Of course China won't like it but Koreans have a very bad memory of China anyway as Korea was the most heavily taxed tributary state of the Qing Dynasty.

You might also consider adding the PRK generals (since you have a united Korea) and the Manchukuo tech teams (you took over their assets) and maybe even Manchukuo generals. Don't bother with PRK's Stalinist tech teams, though.

Last edited:
Has this died, or is it still on hiatus?

Status
Not open for further replies.