• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have made some small changes to the mod in order to accommodate those introduced with the 2.7.1 patch. No big stuff (such as any extra culture) has been introduced, for the moment.

Last edited:
The mod has been updated to the Jade Dragon patch. As usual, the full changelog appears in the third post. I would like to quote some of the first bullet points from the list:

• Heavily modified cultural localization for the kingdoms of Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The default cultural names of duchies, counties and baronies are now those of the local Celtic language: Gaelic in Ireland and Scotland (Galloway included, Lothian excluded), Manx in the Isle of Mann, Welsh in Wales, Cornish in Cornwall. The English names now only show up if the top liege is English. In the counties of Shrewsbury, Herefordshire and Devon the default localization is still English.
  • Similarly as in the British Isles, all counties and baronies of the duchy of Brittany take their default names from the local Celtic language: Breton. The original French names and corresponding adjectival forms now appear as culture-specific localization under the control of (old) Frankish, French and Occitan top lieges.
  • Completely overhauled Cambrian (Welsh) localization for all titles (duchies, counties, baronies) within the de jure kingdoms of England and Cambria (Wales) as defined in the 769 start date. Every single toponym has been revised on the basis of accurate historical and linguistic research. Some artistic license is taken. Additional details are provided in the mod description. All adjectival forms are replaced whenever appropriate.
  • Added an original, distinct Breton localization for all titles (duchies, counties, baronies) within the de jure kingdoms of England and Cambria (Wales) as defined in the 769 start date. These are typically calques of the Welsh names, and are obtained by exploiting the common heritage of the two languages as well as known patterns of historical linguistic evolution. Some placenames are originally elaborated from historical records. Additional details are provided in the mod description. All adjectival forms are included.
  • In addition, an original Breton localization is also added to the 769 kingdom of Pictland (Scotland), including the duchy of Orkney. This is based on the vanilla Pictish and Welsh names, elaborated through the linguistic patterns mentioned above. In some instances the vanilla Pictish and Welsh names have been slightly edited for overall consistency. All the adjectival forms are appropriately included or modified.
  • Added an original Welsh localization for all titles in the de jure duchy of Brittany, which is based on criteria symmetrical to those used to construct the Breton localization.
A lot of work went in particular in the overhaul of Welsh and British names for England (see also this related discussion). I hope this will help some players enjoy a more flavorful "British reconquest" game!

Edit: Mod updated to 2.8.1 (December 8th).

Last edited:
Hi again. Regarding this:
Baluan Sorry to write you there, but as far as I can see this is the only way to reach you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you considering Vidin and Naissus(Nish), together with Belgrad always de jure part of Serbia(In novo Iure Mod)?

Friday at 20:18 Edit Delete Report
Comment

1. Ciccillo Rre You ask address this question on the INI thread. Briefly though: yes.
Do you have will and time to explain why? Of course, as a whole, this question doens't matter too much to anyone outside the balkans, and as it is technically easy modable doens't matter at all, but I am curious :)
From bulgarian perspective, this should be quite the opposite. Even wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Belgrade states that Belgrade(as the biggest modern city in the duchy) becames serbian for the first time in 1284 ... as a gift from the hungarians. So, the dispute, if there should be any, to which kingdom belongs this duchy, shouldn't be at all Serbia vs Bulgaria.
Anyway, good job with this mod :)

Hi again. Regarding this:
Baluan Sorry to write you there, but as far as I can see this is the only way to reach you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you considering Vidin and Naissus(Nish), together with Belgrad always de jure part of Serbia(In novo Iure Mod)?

Friday at 20:18 Edit Delete Report
Comment

1. Ciccillo Rre You ask address this question on the INI thread. Briefly though: yes.
Do you have will and time to explain why? Of course, as a whole, this question doens't matter too much to anyone outside the balkans, and as it is technically easy modable doens't matter at all, but I am curious :)
From bulgarian perspective, this should be quite the opposite. Even wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Belgrade states that Belgrade(as the biggest modern city in the duchy) becames serbian for the first time in 1284 ... as a gift from the hungarians. So, the dispute, if there should be any, to which kingdom belongs this duchy, shouldn't be at all Serbia vs Bulgaria.
Anyway, good job with this mod :)
I agree with you on a historical basis. I made this choice for two reasons.
  1. Gameplay. With this choice the two kingdoms of Serbia and Bulgaria are about equally sized and balanced. It seems to me that this makes the creation of the kingdom of Serbia by the AI less likely, without affecting much the odds for Bulgaria, on the other hand. In addition, this avoids the ugly shape of the de jure kingdom of Serbia on the map.

2. Flavor. This allows the Theme of Syrmia to be represented in-game as the greek-localized version of the Duchy of Vidin. This should make for a better Byzantine experience, especially in the 1066 when the area is held directly from Constantinople.
I will reconsider the issue for the next iteration of the mod.

I need to check, but I guess so - the last few patches following 2.8.1 were largely bugfixes, did not affect the map or the decisions in game.

I suggest you to play the mod and let me know if you find any issues!

This mod is being discontinued, although the 2.8.x version will remain available for manual download for a while. Please see the OP of this thread.

This mod is being discontinued, although the 2.8.x version will remain available for manual download for a while. Please see the OP of this thread.

Thank you for it.
PyHOUKO.gif

One of the veteran mods.
Err..you could just upload the last version of the mod here as an attachment and not worry about an external provider.
Whatever, i always downloaded it and had it subscribed, but admittedly didn't use it often as i was worried it could conflict with one of the other bazillion mods.
Yeah the de jure map looks good now in 3.0.
Thanks again.
Cheers

Thank you for it.
PyHOUKO.gif

One of the veteran mods.
Err..you could just upload the last version of the mod here as an attachment and not worry about an external provider.
Whatever, i always downloaded it and had it subscribed, but admittedly didn't use it often as i was worried it could conflict with one of the other bazillion mods.
Yeah the de jure map looks good now in 3.0.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Glad of being supportive, thank you for being appreciative! :)

After almost a two years hiatus, the mod comes with a new, definitive version! Please see the OP; the mod is now maintained by @killerbee256 and only affects cultural names (not the de jure structure any more). I no longer link the last pre-Holy Fury version. Questions are welcome!

Last edited: