• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As patch 2.1.4 changes the Create Hungary decision, I had to re-upload, both the manual and the Steam workshop download version, the updated mod (along with a couple of changes and fixes).

As some people may have noticed, I now have a very simple picture associated with this mod. Yeah!

A version accomodating the changes introduced by 2.1.5 (for example, the new Nubian retinue and buildings) is up.

EDIT: This is compatible with 2.1.6 as well.

Last edited:
Quick question: should the post-887 start date combined Russian kingdom be using the Generic Lion of Ruthenia? I think the bear flag would be a bit more appropriate.

Quick question: should the post-887 start date combined Russian kingdom be using the Generic Lion of Ruthenia? I think the bear flag would be a bit more appropriate.
Thanks for asking. This was my reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Galicia–Volhynia:

Wikipedia said:
In 1245, Pope Innocent IV allowed Danylo to be crowned king. Danylo wanted more than recognition, commenting bitterly that he expected an army when he received the crown. Although Danylo promised to promote recognition of the Pope to his people, his realm continued to be ecclesiastically independent from Rome. Thus, Danylo was the only member of the Rurik dynasty to have been crowned king. Danylo was crowned by the papal legate Opizo de Mezzano in Dorohychyn 1253 as the first King of all Rus' (Rex Russiae; 1253–1264).
Which is unfortunately absent from the history files in game.

What ever happen to Pohjola? I've tried to run the mod it doesn't appear in any of the dates for me. I am using the latest version of the mod and have tested it with mods I do not think would affect this mod too much.

What ever happen to Pohjola? I've tried to run the mod it doesn't appear in any of the dates for me. I am using the latest version of the mod and have tested it with mods I do not think would affect this mod too much.
Are you talking about the mod by Lord Finnish? PM him, he's quite active on the forum.

In my mod, the equivalent of the Empire of Pohjola works fine.

Are you talking about the mod by Lord Finnish? PM him, he's quite active on the forum.

In my mod, the equivalent of the Empire of Pohjola works fine.
Very strange, I was running multiple mods and thought that I got it to the point where the ones selected wouldn't conflict with this mod (I'm try to reforming all of the pagan faiths and the Zorastrian religion (and forming empires with them) and experiencing the full-on Mongol, Aztec, Maya, and Japanese invasions from the sunrise invasion mod)

I have finally updated the mod, which I have been refrained from doing since the Charlemagne release (they were very busy times for me). I have updated the first page of the thread accordingly. As usual, the mod is also available in the Steam Workshop.

I have been playing around with the new option to change the de jure affiliation of counties in the history files. I have found that this is an excellent solution to the problem of "floating titular duchies", which has been bothering me and others. As you can see by reading the first page, the mod also features (slightly) different de jure duchies maps across different start dates.

Unfortunately after some hard work I have found, by testing the mod, that the feature in question is bugged. In fact, the de jure history of counties is reset in savegames to the structure defined by the landed_titles file. This is by all means a bug, as it also affects Vanilla (try to play Powys in the 769 start date, save, and reload; then check the de jure maps).

I am going to post a bug report soon. For the moment I keep the changes as they are, because I do not want to roll them back and I hope that the problem will be fixed at some point relatively soon. The 769 start date is perfectly safe to play, as its de jure duchies setup reflects the landed_titles file.

Shouldn't it be possible to create a German & British Empire of some manner as pagan?

Shouldn't it be possible to create a German & British Empire of some manner as pagan?
Uhmm, that might be. The reason why I am keeping the religious restrictions is because I do not want to see things like Carpathia and the Wendish Empire created by Christians all the time. I'll probably remove further restrictions.

I think Ruthenia should be renamed Kiev and be active at certain times as the equivalent of Kievan Rus. By the way, good job with the Byzantine themes, vanilla represented them very badly. Would it be possible for me to borrow your new cultural names (With credit to you, of course)?

Uhmm, that might be. The reason why I am keeping the religious restrictions is because I do not want to see things like Carpathia and the Wendish Empire created by Christians all the time. I'll probably remove further restrictions.
I simply find it strange that Germanic pagans wouldn't be allowed to create a 'Germany' or 'Britain'. Or in Britain's case, a Celtic pagan as well.

I think Ruthenia should be renamed Kiev and be active at certain times as the equivalent of Kievan Rus. By the way, good job with the Byzantine themes, vanilla represented them very badly. Would it be possible for me to borrow your new cultural names (With credit to you, of course)?
I am not happy with the setup for Russia. My "Rus" kingdom title (that corresponds to Ruthenia) is meant to represent Kievan Rus from 1066 on. The issue is that calling it "Kievan" may be a problem when the title is created by powers that do not control the county of Kiev.

Thanks for the appraisal. Sure you can use these names and others, but the Welsh names have been made in collaboration with Yakdast (as I mention in the first post) hence he also should be credited if you use these.

I simply find it strange that Germanic pagans wouldn't be allowed to create a 'Germany' or 'Britain'. Or in Britain's case, a Celtic pagan as well.
I agree. It is also true that now we have custom empires, which are probably more fitting for these circumstances. Celtic paganism is for the moment present neither in vanilla nor in the mod.

Last edited:
I am not happy with the setup for Russia. My "Rus" kingdom title (that corresponds to Ruthenia) is meant to represent Kievan Rus from 1066 on. The issue is that calling it "Kievan" may be a problem when the title is created by powers that do not control the county of Kiev.

Thanks for the appraisal. Sure you can use these names and others, but the Welsh names have been made in collaboration with Yakdast (as I mention in the first post) hence he also should be credited if you use these.

I agree. It is also true that now we have custom empires, which are probably more fitting for these circumstances. Celtic paganism is for the moment present neither in vanilla nor in the mod.
Thanks mate, more flavourful names are always good. For Russia, feel free to take a look at (Or use) my Russian set up. I split Rus into Novgorod and Muscovy, and Ruthenia into Kiev and Smolensk. I added in Kievan Rus as a titular kingdom that can be formed if you control all four of those kingdoms (And exists in certain bookmarks).

Hey, have always loved the mod but the new map has broken it :( anything we can do to make it work again?
I have to update it. It will be done as soon as possible; it may take either days or weeks.

Thanks for the feedback anyways!

The updated mod is up on the Steam Workshop; a manual download link is provided in the first post of this thread. The current version works for both vanilla versions 2.4.1 and 2.4.2; please let me know of any problem if not.

I have included a new empire-level title that includes both k_mongolia and k_khotan; its flag and name changes according to the start date (pre- and post-Genghis Khan). The full changelog is given in the third post of the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The updated mod is up on the Steam Workshop; a manual download link is provided in the first post of this thread. The current version works for both vanilla versions 2.4.1 and 2.4.2; please let me know of any problem if not.

I have included a new empire-level title that includes both k_mongolia and k_khotan; its flag and name changes according to the start date (pre- and post-Genghis Khan). The full changelog is given in the third post of the thread.
Yay, awesome!

Reactions: