• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Update to 1.11

Version 1.10, compatible with Vanilla 1.11, is up. This time the changelog includes several changes, but most of the time I am limiting myself to simplify the changes and decrease the differences with vanilla, while maintaining the spirit of the mod (the dynamic de jure map and the many cultural names). The only significant thing that I have included is a new Finno Ugric empire, basically by integrathing this mod by Lord Finnish (he didn't give me consent yet but... I assume it's fine, if not I will change name and flag).

I have updated the first post of the thread, which is now better structured and more accessible (I hope) and includes the updated de jure maps, as well as specific summaries on kingdoms' and empires' creation conditions. There is also a short "future plans" section, and I am making comments on compatibility issues (for the moment, I see no point in maintaining a 'light' version of the mod as someone asked, since the mod itself is very small and limited in scope).

More importantly, in the first post you can find the link to download the Portraits Realignment Pack by iron0037, who gave his consent. Tho use it you must own (and use) all the relevant graphical DLCs. Should you not and miss some, I will be providing soon instructions on what files you have to delete to make it work partially. For the moment you can refer to iron's thread and play around with the files.

Finally, I will be experimenting since now with the 'limited' rule for de jure drift (the one whereby de jure drift only happens with respect to de jure bordering and 'capital' titles) to see whether and how should I integrate it into the next version, although it was not my intention to include an edited defines.lua in the mod. We will see.

Let me know what you think!

Update to 1.111

A new version (1.11) is up, to be "officially" considered compatible with 1.111 (however, both this version and the previous one are equally compatible with both 1.11 and 1.111). I made some changes to titles' creation/usurpation conditions: basically if christians win, say, Andalusia in a crusade, the title becomes normally creatable/usurpable (similarly for titles with restrictions for muslims or pagans).

Also, an unnecessary file has been delated to the linked version of "Gentes Europae", my variation of Portraits Realignment Pack that is used in compatibility to this mod. Relatedly, but perhaps more importantly, the first post of the thread now contains some instructions for those who may want to use "Gentes Europae" but don't own all the related graphical DLCs, and thus need to delete some files in the mod in order to make it (partially) work.

What has this mod changed in the religions file?
Colors only (for the Orthodox religion and similars; I hate the new ones). I probably should remove this from the published version.

Ok, thanks. No need to spend half an hour comparing the files! xD
Fine. I'll definitely delete the file in the next published version (most likely when 1.12 comes out). For the moment you can just delete it if you like, or want to merge the mod with others.

Ok, thanks. No need to spend half an hour comparing the files! xD
Anyway you can do these things easily with tools such as the 'Compare' plugin of Notepad++.

I am just dropping by in my duty as a part time grammar Nazi: "Casi Belli" is no proper word, the correct plural is also "Casus Belli" (with a long "u").
Don't be mad ;)
Thanks, I wasn't aware it was of fourth declension (I just assumed it was second). I'm changing it now.

Updated to 2.0.1

I have updated the mod to 2.00. The few changes that were necessary to adapt to the presence of the Jewish religion and the Kingdom of Israel are listed in the third post of the thread.

This mod has not the recognition it deserves.
Thanks! :)

P.S. The current version works with 2.0.3, as one would expect.

P.P.S. (January 19th): It works with 2.0.4.

Last edited:
Is this compatible with SWMH, PB, and VIET?
No, but the authors of these mods are free to borrow my work on cultural names, conditional on citing me. I should probably release a universally-compatible version with only that (I read that the landed titles file can be de-composed, so to add more information under each single title within brackets {}) but it would cost me too much. I'd be happy, though, if somebody helped me with that.

Hey! I have decided to make a version of the cultural names that is compatible with other mods. I need my names to affect the game in a checksum-neutral way. I need help; I describe the issues in this thread. Thanks in advance for any cooperation!

Can I give you a list of accurate cultural names for the historic region I know of, so that you can add them in, in the next update?
Feel free to provide any suggestion you want (which region?), but I am not sure I will update the mod in its current form. In particular, if Paradox improves the modding support of cultural names, I may release a modular version so that the cultural names part can be added to vanilla without changing the checksum (with many consequent advantages, e.g. achievements, multiplayer etc.).

Also, I am not adding cultural names without a full adjectival form to be added to localization which is both in English, French, German and Spanish (I can help with that, but not now as I am busy with real life stuff). Finally, I only add cultural names mostly where historically relevant (e.g. Greek Anatolia / Turkey, Arab Al-Andalus / Spanish Andalusia); I do not want weird things like the Czech version of whatever French city.