• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zanza

Field Marshal
85 Badges
Jul 28, 2003
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
EU III EXPANSION "IN NOMINE" REVEALED
While the developers are busy putting their finishing touches on EU: Rome, the team is already thinking ahead and we are thrilled to announce the next expansion for EU III - "In Nomine" (requires Napoleon's Ambition). This is what Producer Johan Andersson had to say about the expansion:

* Start in October 1399, at the coronation of Henry IV of England. Experience over 50 more years of gameplay, experiencing the Byzantine Empire, Tamerlane and the end of the Hundred Years War.

* Se exactly what is required to make the decisions that will shape the future of your country. Strive to create Great Britain, Make Paris worth a Mass, or institute an East Indian Trade Company. Act, rather than react, and implement decisions on both country and province level, with the new decision system, including hundreds of different decisions depending on situation.

* Experience our new Mission System, where the player and AI will both be given goals to achieve, providing endless replayability by guiding history along different tracks every time.

* In Nomine will feature Rebels with a Cause. There are countless types of rebels, with different goals, and different abilities. You may get colonial rebels in your colonies determined to get representation or independence, you may get reactionary nobles rising up to put the serfs back where the belong. Crush them by force, or negotiate with them, or even worse, watch them enforce their demands on your country.

* Religious tolerance now depends on the ideas and decisions you take, making it a new layer of strategy. As cardinals stay loyal longer, the power of the Papa Controller has grown, as he can now excommunicate rulers, and call crusades against infidels.

Revised AI, focusing on strategic top level goals, with support for fully scriptable logics.
"In Nomine" is scheduled for release before the summer. Head over to our forums if you want to discuss this game.

No thread on this yet? Or did I just not see it? Sounds like an interesting addition. :)

I where just about to start one :(

Seems really nice! Is it GG only?

Awesome! This keeps getting better and better.

I am sure that the "Revised AI,[...], with support for fully scriptable logics" will make modders droll...

kierun said:
support for fully scriptable logics" will make modders droll...

They're a pretty droll lot as it is :D

Hey, does this mean we can say "Byzantium" now?

Byzantium, Byzantium, Byzantium, Byzantium, Byzantium, Byzantium!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade

Crusades in the Balkans

To counter the expanding Ottoman Empire, several crusades were launched in the 15th century. The most notable are:

* the Crusade of Nicopolis (1396) organized by Sigismund of Luxemburg king of Hungary culminated in the Battle of Nicopolis
* the Crusade of Varna (1444) led by the Polish-Hungarian king Władysław Warneńczyk ended in the Battle of Varna
* and the Crusade of 1456 organized to lift the Siege of Belgrade led by John Hunyadi and Giovanni da Capistrano

Hussite Crusade

The Hussite Crusade(s), also known as the "Hussite Wars," or the "Bohemian Wars," involved the military actions against and amongst the followers of Jan Hus in Bohemia in the period 1420 to circa 1434. The Hussite Wars were arguably the first European war in which hand-held gunpowder weapons such as muskets made a decisive contribution. The Taborite faction of the Hussite warriors were basically infantry, and their many defeats of larger armies with heavily armoured knights helped affect the infantry revolution. In the end, it was an inconclusive war.

Besides, I'd guess that "crusade" would mean church-sanctioned wars against heretics/infidels... And there were a lot of those after the crusades on jerusalem.

StephenT said:
*Is slightly more dubious about the Pope calling crusades in the 15th century. :confused: *
Why so? It was plausible, and the only reason it didn't happen was 'cus it didn't happen - but it could have. Henry V & Richard III were both rumoured to have wanted to undertake crusades, but both of course died prematurely. No doubt various French & German monarchs were in similar situations.

Revised AI, focusing on strategic top level goals, with support for fully scriptable logics.
"In Nomine" is scheduled for release before the summer. Head over to our forums if you want to discuss this game.

* In Nomine will feature Rebels with a Cause. There are countless types of rebels, with different goals, and different abilities. You may get colonial rebels in your colonies determined to get representation or independence, you may get reactionary nobles rising up to put the serfs back where the belong. Crush them by force, or negotiate with them, or even worse, watch them enforce their demands on your country.

These two, are the ones i look most forward to.
Rebels with a cause... sound cool, can't wait to here more details

With regards to the types of rebels, I'd enjoy a type unhappy with the current monarch, and he is replaced if your capital is captured or something. Essentially, in this period the capital meant the monarch, and vice versa. In EU3 (vanilla), this was possible, but pretty much the entire nation needed to fall to rebels for it to happen, which was usually quite unrealistic - even for the AI.

Where is that announcement? I don't see it anywhere in the forum.

mandead said:
With regards to the types of rebels, I'd enjoy a type unhappy with the current monarch, and he is replaced if your capital is captured or something. Essentially, in this period the capital meant the monarch, and vice versa. In EU3 (vanilla), this was possible, but pretty much the entire nation needed to fall to rebels for it to happen, which was usually quite unrealistic - even for the AI.

Hmm I was going to argue a little against this, but the more I think of it, it makes sence. It would force the player to deploy some troops near the capital at all time, just in case.
But I do think this would require that they teach the ai to do the same. I would hate to see the ai change monarch every so offen. because they are to stupid to guard their capital.