• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
piff133 said:
Or just 20USD! Hurrah weak dollar! And games for the current generation of consoles (Wii, PS3, XBox360) are about $60 each while PC games run between $40 and $60.
Yeah, I know. I wasn't saying you'd actually pay $80 for a game. Conversion for ya'... :p

I checked the first screenshot and noticed the last mission listed, titled "Westernise." Altough I'm not the greatest fan of Russia, I must express my doubts on the choice of portraiting the West as the ultimate axiom when it comes to science and values. Afterall, the West is usually associated with certain values that are not highly represented in EU3. A civilization's advancement is represented in EU3 in terms of infrastructure and technology. Perhaps the title could be changed to "Modernize" instead, as to describe the ambition of reaching the same level of advancement as the Western countries. I'm sure that countries can reach that status, without having to "westernize."

Moldavia said:
I'm sure that countries can reach that status, without having to "westernize."

In the mind of the rulers of the time modernise = westernise.
Peter the Great have westernised his country to modernise it.

So Westernise is far better than modernise.

Terran Noble said:
For some of us a full game costs 40£ or 50€. So atleast for me the expansion costs half of a regular game and in my opinion that is relatively cheap. An expansion usually cost about 25-30£.

What's that in ducats?

:wacko:

In Nomine is going to be so completely awesome!
I just love every sneakpeak more than the previous one :D

IN shows Paradox' commitment to its flagship series. Thank you Johan!

I'm still incredibly excited about all the options we will have to mod the game on a country-per-country basis. Finally, historical gameplay will return.

In Nomine will be a huge improvement. Thumbs up!

However, yet again the New World, Africa and the East Indies is utter fecal matter. Why no East-African city-states? Why so few countries and provinces in Mesoamerica? Would it slow down the game? How much slower can the game possibly get with say 20-30 more provinces and 10 more countries? Just put natives in all those places if you aren't going to bother.

Captain Frakas said:
In the mind of the rulers of the time modernise = westernise.
Peter the Great have westernised his country to modernise it.

So Westernise is far better than modernise.
With the game start pushed back, Europe was even more of a backwater in the world. Let's say that the Europeans doesn't find the New World or an alternate route to the riches of the East - perhaps due to an successful Ottoman invasion of Austria and Italy, and with that Iberian focus on the Mediterranean - Europe would stay as that backwater in the northwestern reaches of the world. Then it wouldn't be unlikely that an ambitious ruler of Russia would choose to instead "Easternize" or "Ottomize", right?

Modernize is better, tied to whatever country in the vicinity (if any) that happens to be vastly ahead of you in technology.

Last edited:
Alzate said:
glabs,
not to sound too mean :D but i am thinking of giving EU3 anotehr try. this In Nominem expansin would include all the changes/improvement of NA?

I think you will need NA already to install IN.

Price comparison:
EU3: IN pre-order
Gamersgate US: 19.99 dollars
Gamersgate Euro: 19.99 euro/31.18 dollars

EU: Rome
Amazon.com: 49.99 dollars
Amazon.co.uk: 24.98 pounds/49.71 dollars
Amazon.de: 36.95 euro/57.64 dollars
Gamersgate US: 49.99 dollars
Gamersgate Euro: 39.99 euro/62.38 dollars

When making these kinds of comparisons you have to keep in mind that price variances are standard regardless of market or goods in question.

(values shown from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, representing the 12 noon buying rates from Wednesday, April 30, 2008)

forlath said:
Price comparison:

When making these kinds of comparisons you have to keep in mind that price variances are standard regardless of market or goods in question.

(values shown from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, representing the 12 noon buying rates from Wednesday, April 30, 2008)

I always buy in $USD, it works out cheaper in £GBP :)

Neblogai said:
I wonder if Poland is unlucky player, or a vassal?

No doubt muscovys vassal.. makes perfect sense ;)
and when some 7 year war comes ahead.. beat the crap outa prussia and add its eastern provinces to the polish vassal. Only the era of ICBM:s really damaged the idea of bufferstates ;)

Im a bit surprised tho.. 50 years, and the golden horde still stands. Now that i call lazy... lol
After that.. colonize like nuts.

THEN, swarm china.. and annex. Doing the very best to defend the illgotten superempire.. and once china is national area... wipe out all opposition!
Nothing like a 150-ship fleet landing 200K russian troops at normandy to show nappy whos the boss..

Namm said:
In Nomine will be a huge improvement. Thumbs up!

However, yet again the New World, Africa and the East Indies is utter fecal matter. Why no East-African city-states? Why so few countries and provinces in Mesoamerica? Would it slow down the game? How much slower can the game possibly get with say 20-30 more provinces and 10 more countries? Just put natives in all those places if you aren't going to bother.

With the game start pushed back, Europe was even more of a backwater in the world. Let's say that the Europeans doesn't find the New World or an alternate route to the riches of the East - perhaps due to an successful Ottoman invasion of Austria and Italy, and with that Iberian focus on the Mediterranean - Europe would stay as that backwater in the northwestern reaches of the world. Then it wouldn't be unlikely that an ambitious ruler of Russia would choose to instead "Easternize" or "Ottomize", right?

Modernize is better, tied to whatever country in the vicinity (if any) that happens to be vastly ahead of you in technology.
The New World was a great thing for Europe, but that wasn't the main reason they jumped ahead technologically. Things such as the printing press, universities, the growth of the middle class, and newspapers contributed much more, I believe.

forlath said:
Price comparison:

bear in mind that prices in Euro include Sweden's 25% VAT, while the US price does not. that explains a large chunk of the price difference between Euro and Dollar you notice here.