• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Even though we've been busy with the launch of Rome this last week, the expansion guys have been busy with working on In Nomine.

There is a few new concepts and features here that we'll get into details on today. First up is the revised colonial system. Colonisation previously in the EU series have been a micromanagement with clicking constantly to send each colonist, and each colony requiring up to 10 colonists to form a true city. What we have done now is to expand on this concept. Every colony will now grow each year at a steady speed, depending on the colonial funds you allocate to your colonies. Of course, you still need to establish a new colony the old way, and you can still send colonists to speed it up.

inn_3a.jpg

And of course, there are other factors than just the colonial maintenance that affects how quickly colonies grow.

inn_3b.jpg

Another thing we've been doing is to completely revise how the tradegoods in the game work. Before we had buildings & wars increasing demands for certain goods, with nothing else practically affecting them. What In Nomine is including is a price model where prices increase or decrease over time as certain things changes. Of course, everything controlled through script files. As an example, grain starts reasonable high, but as the production grows, prices will drop.. Supply will drop for goods when warfare ravages their production.. etc..

Here's how the prices currently look at the start of the game.
inn_3c.jpg

And this is how one goods, 'naval supplies', is scripted in the prices.txt file.. Supply is severly reduced by blockades, looting and occupation of provinces producing that goods. Demand is increased by wharfs, ports, shipyard, and most noticably by major naval powers being at war. It is also decreased severly by focus on land.
Code:
naval_supplies = {
	base_price = 5
	supply = { #Added together for every province producing it and multiplied by prod value.
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.2
			looted = yes
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.2
			is_blockaded = yes
		}				
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			NOT = { controlled_by = owner } 
		}		
	}
	demand = { #added together for every province owned by someone, multiplied by taxvalue/average-taxvalue
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			has_building = wharf
		}	
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			has_building = shipyard
		}	
		modifier = {
			factor = 20.0
			owner = {
				capital = yes
				big_ship = 20
				war = yes
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 10.0
			owner = {
				capital = yes
				land_naval = 3
				big_ship = 50
				war = yes
			}
		}		
		modifier = {
			factor = 5.0
			has_building = admiralty
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			port = yes
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.1
			owner = { NOT = { land_naval = 0 } }
		}
	}
}

To end it all, maps are cool!
inn_3d.jpg

Can you spot the changes in this screenshot?

Wow... I'm getting all kind of thrills all across my spine...

This is looking great! Now if only I had time to game more :(

Venice is now an island! :D

What about the Shetlands? Or the Isles of Man? Or the Faroe Islands? :'(

Next sneak peak about the Hundred Years' War please. :D

GAAAAAAH! :mad: :( (tradition)

I spot Lienz, Treviso, Görz, Osijek, Erz, Oberpfalz, Presburg and Ostmarch. And a new country (Friuli?) in Friuli, Görz, Krain and Istria.

Just wondering, but is it Joan of Ark on the box art? (That you never use :mad:.. for your expansions, anyway). :p

Last edited:
BiB said:
A lot of new info today :D

A lot of good new info today.
nod.gif

Especially better pricing for goods and colonial growth sounds great.

Everything gets better and better every week... :) I wonder what the button in the lower left corner on the second screen is for.

I spy with my little eye a build button in a colony window. Colonial buildings? Trading posts? Establishment of colonial charters, dare I speculate?

Not so sure about colonial growth. Faster expansion in the new world is a bit :/, considering how fast it is already. Then again, Ten ducats a year per province is far, far more than they're worth for a long while. Definitely brings a "don't commit to colonisation unless you have the resources to back it up" sort of edge into play. That's good. Still, hopefully colonists will be scarcer on the ground now? More expensive? Less chance?

Increased trade good scripting is excellent. Hopefully it can use "has_province_flag"/"owner = { has_country_flag }"?

As for provinces, I see... Oberpfalz, Lienz, Gorz, Trevisio, O**march (ostmarch?), Plsen has become Sudety, Erz, Ozijek, Presburg.

EDIT: Same area, political map, TOT, slightly zoomed out, vanilla 2.2, fresh Venice game;

samearea2nf8.png

I hope it's a colonial charter.

It would spare me having to continue coding an event string to implement colonial charters.

I think the County of Gorizia is the nation between Venice and Austria, but could not find her coat of arms (which is displayed in the screenshot)

I hope this will come out in box form sometime in the future :(

Mr. G said:
I hope this will come out in box form sometime in the future :(

I would expect some sort of "EU3 anthology" to be published sooner or later where all versions are on one DVD.