In-Game Store, Purchasing From Gamersgate

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can back your bought game to a media already and they have a killswitch for their drm that they say they will release if/when they die. It's been demonstrated to both exist and work by crackers. So...

I didn't knew all of that, what's surprising is that game editors accept such stuff. They most probably don't have anymore much choice as Steam has became too big and important for any editor.

Myself I have 2 games at Steam and 1 addon, and 1 game and 1 addon at GamersGate. I'm quite glued in the past I imagine. :D

One thing I quote is that on console I get many lovely remake of old classics and none on PC. I can have them for free on PC more or less legally but the point is that it's harder and harder to play old PC classics. Well just some whining, nothing to do against that.

It's not a problem of running them well or not, for example ultima 7 with DOSBox runs as well than it did originally but the game is badly programed and you have to choose have it with an unpleasant lack of fluidity or running a lot too fast. That's one example. Some remake of console games I saw, both respect original games and bring improvements.

Could somebody list what's in the packs, and what is NOT in the packs? I am considering buying something from GG to get the extras (and I want them all, because I am greedy that way), but I wonder if I just need to buy the two packs for 14k coins total, or more stuff?

Don't the descriptions mention the items included?

Basically all the lvl 4 weaponry lumped together, and the hero skills, all also individually available (but if you're paying anyway, might aswell get the pack and save money).

Well, I think there are two "groups" of addons that will get you the whole thing if you buy both of them. There is also some free stuff.

Honestly? Getting this purchased from Gamer's Gate was obscenely complicated and difficult. They were doing some asinine thing where they were supposed to call you to verify your credit card that did not work.

Paradox, you have somehow managed to insulate your work from the people who would like to buy it. It took me hours to get around Gamer's Gate and their registration, and then I was forced to register at two other payment sites to finish my purchase. I think they have fixed part of this, but you might consider reviewing the process and making some changes.

No online DRM in Steam? I didn't knew that, good point for them, at worse if Steam disappear the fix will be easy to play the game, just by disconnecting before launch a Steam game, until you need install it on another computer.

Steam IS online DRM. They just do a good job as marketing it as useful (which it is for some), despite being one of the most restrictive DRM's out there.

And how do you figure infinite install, offline mode, single verification, kill switch as being one of the most restrictive DRM out there? Or do you just like to throw big words around?

Well, I think there are two "groups" of addons that will get you the whole thing if you buy both of them. There is also some free stuff.

Honestly? Getting this purchased from Gamer's Gate was obscenely complicated and difficult. They were doing some asinine thing where they were supposed to call you to verify your credit card that did not work.

Paradox, you have somehow managed to insulate your work from the people who would like to buy it. It took me hours to get around Gamer's Gate and their registration, and then I was forced to register at two other payment sites to finish my purchase. I think they have fixed part of this, but you might consider reviewing the process and making some changes.
If you are in USA and buying through GamersGate, the by far easiest way to purchase is to pay via paypal:
- you do not have to register with paypal to use it. You can basically enter your CC information and decline to login to paypal.
- you do not get the CC purchase verification hassle most CC companies will put you through for trying to purchase something overseas.

Yeah, now I know. The way it works is that the system will only let you do a certain number of transactions, so I was unable to buy everything the same way. By the time I got around to PayPal I was good and PO'd. If you go this route, go Paypal.

Having said that, it appears they no longer have any of the options that were there when I ordered. The stinking phone verification is gone too.

So maybe it's fixed! :wacko:

Since I cannot find that info anywhere on the web: note that the "5th Generation of Weapons and Armour" and the "Knowledge of the Old Ones" packs DO NOT contain all additional abilities, only some. Crucially, the Temple to Lunord is not in them.

Buying all the abilities and such is actually more expensive than the Kingmaker expansion...

Where to buy ?

Hi !

I've just heard about this ingame shop and the free items it provides, but I've failed so far to locate it ...

Is this because of my steam version of the game ?

Is there a special screen to go to ? How do you access it please ?

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Wingi