In-Game Store, Purchasing From Gamersgate

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dohmaj2009

Corporal
17 Badges
Oct 23, 2009
  • Majesty 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Magicka
I've noticed the In Game store, and I was just wondering how to use it? And once we do buy the additional items, where do we see them in the game? I made my purchase from Gamersgate, if that matters.

Thanks for the info.

You have to be a member of Gamersgate and once you register you just open the in game store in Majesty 2 and you can download the free items.

If you want to get the other items you need to buy coins from Gamersgate and then you can purchase the rest.

once you buy them and they are downloaded they show up in game both single player and campaign games. the skills you buy usually get learned from your heroes when they hit level 5 or later the other items such as the blacksmith items you just upgrade your blacksmith and you can buy them.

Hope that helps.

I didn't buy from Gamersgate.
But you will need a gamersgate account to buy blue coins which you will need to buy the DLC in the ingame shop.

Or just make an account without buying blue coins and get the free stuff (like I did).
Or just buy some good games on gamersgate like Europa Universalis III or Mount&Blade Warband (i.e.). You will get some % of the price in blue coins back. Furthermore you can vote the games you bought and will get blue coins. You can write reviews about the games you bought and get blue coins. So you don't have to buy the coins. I am just collecting some blue coins with purchasing games I would buy anyway and from time to time I spend them for the DLC in the majesty 2 ingame store.

Gamersgate really is a great site. Lots of games hit 50% off or more at times. I just wait until it goes on sale before I buy a game and have been getting a lot of blue coins that way. Very nice site.

What a scam that store is. If you buy all the products it will cost over $40 in blue coins. Sorry that expansion is not worth $60. It also forces you to buy from gamersgate. If you bought your game else where you won't get any credit for the purchases towards blue coins. That store is a real disservice to the gaming community and I would encourage everyone to not buy any of the products from it.

Well you don't need to buy ALL the downloads, since 2 of the downloads are packages that (If I understand them correctly) include 5 or 6 of the other downloads. The real price to get everything (If you use the packages instead of the individual purchases) is around 25 bucks. A little steep, but if you buy it a little at a time, it's not so bad...

Last edited:
Content May Not Be Available in the Future / Only Available If You're Online

Yes, but the problem is that the content is not available if you're not online or if Gamer's Gate's website is down.

See my post here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470016

The content does sound neat, but I'm very disappointed by this and the very fact that the save game routine does not correctly save certain portions of the additional content shows that it was poorly thought out and not implemented correctly. Hopefully this oversight will be fixed in a future patch.

Nonetheless, I really hope that Paradox reconsiders the Ingame Shop in the future and provides the content to their loyal fans without the need to access it online. I could only imagine re-installing Majesty 2 a few years from now and the InGame Shop content is gone because Gamer's Gate is not around any more or they decided to get rid of it.

That would be terrible - $25 down the tubes!

:mad:

Matt

On one side you are lucky to be able to buy some of their blue coins on another hand I agree that this is an awful system that needs to be fixed at least for some system like in Steam (you can play a game not connected during one week or something like that, and after this time you won't be able to play again until you are again connected. It's still weird if the shop get a huge problem but it's better than instant disabling.

If you activate online your game once on steam, you can carry on playing offline for at least a couple of months (I've tried on a laptop). Don't think there's really any time limit.

No online DRM in Steam? I didn't knew that, good point for them, at worse if Steam disappear the fix will be easy to play the game, just by disconnecting before launch a Steam game, until you need install it on another computer.