• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a holiday coming up next week :) .

actually the holiday is this week as in this thursday the 22rd.
flashpoint/1.3 release is the tuesday after the holiday.

Last edited:
Black Friday? I do not argue, but for us the most important holiday week will be next.
In the US, Thursday is Thanksgiving. That is the official holiday. I am sure that retailers celebrate Black Friday and many people take the day off (I won't be working that day), but it isn't an official holiday. :)

Which holiday are you referring to next week?

US Thanksgiving is the 22nd this year. The 4th Thursday of November was set down in 1941 as the floating date for it, and this allows for an occasional Thursday at the end of the month that is not Thanksgiving because it is the 5th and not the 4th one.

In the US, Thursday is Thanksgiving. That is the official holiday. I am sure that retailers celebrate Black Friday and many people take the day off (I won't be working that day), but it isn't an official holiday. :)

Which holiday are you referring to next week?

Happy holiday to you ;)! If Russian localization comes out next week, it will be a holiday for a very large number of Battletech fans. Waiting for half a year already :)

I´m waiting patient too. They (Devlopers, Translators as well as Testers) do their best to bring a fully localisation [Speech, Sound, Ingameinfos etcpp.] in 3 Localisations with the complete new DLC and Patchcontents to the existing Mainstory as well as existing Patches.

We will get the Localisation, but it will be BETA-Status. We can then help to get a perfect localisation or not, but than you have to play in English for a much longer time. For myself I will test it with the BETA-Locolisation-Patch after the officiall 1.3 Patch and DLC is installed.

I´m waiting patient too. They (Devlopers, Translators as well as Testers) do their best to bring a fully localisation [Speech, Sound, Ingameinfos etcpp.] in 3 Localisations with the complete new DLC and Patchcontents to the existing Mainstory as well as existing Patches.

We will get the Localisation, but it will be BETA-Status. We can then help to get a perfect localisation or not, but than you have to play in English for a much longer time. For myself I will test it with the BETA-Locolisation-Patch after the officiall 1.3 Patch and DLC is installed.

Wait, is the voice acting translated? Is this accurate? I thought only translation of the text do.
And I do not think that we will have to play again for a long time in the English version, if there is already a beta version of localization and usually need 1-2 weeks for debugging and release. The developers have already talked about it.

Last edited:
That´s what I´m saying. The faster we help the Devs, the faster we will get a normal and fully Patch of the Translation. And yes, they promised to give a full translation (text, voice, etc.) in Kickstarter, so the Devs will give it to us.

Localisiation.PNG

From the Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech).
And as i understand it that means no new Audio. Haven't read anything different since then, but could have missed it.

Voice acting is really, really expensive and much, much more time-consuming than translating text.

HBS has promised localisation of in-game text and subtitles, they have never promised voice acting in any other language than English.

Will Steam achievements be localized? A trifle, but nice.

The new Achievments for new Content in the Base Game and for Flashpoint Stuff are in, and now ALL are in German in my German Steam Client.
Some are well translated and on Point with German Phrases, some are… strange. Like Building 10 Mechs from… Scrap. Not Salvage (Schrott / Bergegut).

I do not understand why translated the names of the mechs in the achievements of Steam, if they said that they would leave everything in the original ( English ) language. For example. Atlas - Аtlant ( Атлант), Awesome - "Osem "( Осэм), PPC- PICH( ПИЧ) only in Russian translated words. Even in books so not have translated. Locust in Russian ( Локуст). And some achievements without description. The game will not be translated Mechs?

Last edited:
I do not understand why translated the names of the mechs in the achievements of Steam, if they said that they would leave everything in the original ( English ) language. For example. Atlas - Аtlant ( Атлант), Awesome - "Osem "( Осэм), PPC- PICH( ПИЧ) only in Russian translated words. Even in books so not have translated. Locust in Russian ( Локуст). And some achievements without description. The game will not be translated Mechs?

Oh i didn't looked at the Names. I checked again. When a specifc Mech is mentioned in the German Achievments, it has it's original english Name. Which i appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.