• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lothos_zero

Recruit
21 Badges
Jan 24, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
I'm pretty sure you guys are done with Battletech at this point. IF you get the opportunity to do a sequel for PC would you consider adding VR support.
Since Battletech STARTED it's life as a tabletop game I though it might be really neat to be able to view the game from a 3 dimensional perspective where you are looking down at your 3D command console and directing the battle like living game pieces.
The original game already exists in 3d so it's just a matter of letting us view it that way in a sequel.

If you need inspiration... Play Defense Grid II for PC... (Which is fun) then Play the VR Port they created for Oculus. It is great fun in VR.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's an interesting idea. When I think of Battletech in VR, I think of Mechwarrior (it would be nice if PGI added VR support to MW5). I have played Defense Grid 2, but did not know there was a VR port. I have played one tower defense game in VR, but the controls were poor and the game itself not great.

I think a Battletech game could be designed to work in VR, but I am not entirely certain what would need to change. I think this game could be adapted for VR, but I am not a fan of PC to VR adaptations. Games designed purely for VR work better, but that significantly limits the available market. Still possible, but it would be difficult to make a niche franchise for a niche system.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think an animated replay of the battle so that you can watch it play out live would be great. Not sure if it can be done but it would be great to record it like a 'souvenir'.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You know, I saw this, and I am not super big on VR, but I wanted to mention that if you make any sort of BT2, I will buy it. I will buy it VR or no VR.

I know that isn't even close to on the table right now, but I didn't want a thread with this title to go by without saying that.

And thanks for making the game. It is a beautiful piece of work.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I think an animated replay of the battle so that you can watch it play out live would be great. Not sure if it can be done but it would be great to record it like a 'souvenir'.
I just finished the Mission against The. Big. Steel. Claw. At the end my Centurion was missing an arm and a leg, out of ammo and only had armor on one remaining chassis part. I would have paid to record that battle.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I just finished the Mission against The. Big. Steel. Claw. At the end my Centurion was missing an arm and a leg, out of ammo and only had armor on one remaining chassis part. I would have paid to record that battle.

Solaris VII bars would likely pay to replay that battle, as well... "Hey, it's that idiot with the modified Crab. Getting smacked around by some guy with a Fedrat 'Mech."

• 1Like
Reactions: