• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

A2ch0n

Spymaster
21 Badges
May 30, 2018
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
As a fan of aristocracy and feudal empire types i thought long about how to improve the Feudal Society Civic. For this, i want to suggest three changes:

1) Lower the vassalisation acceptance against other empires by ~ 50. That would allow to vassalize empires more often on the peacefull way. In addition improve the vassalisation casus belli to relax the relative power restriction.

2) Let all type of subject empires pay a tribute to the overlord, maybe less than for tributary vassals.

3) Make it an Origin and start the game with one or two vassals from the begin with. They can still expand, that was always the deal with this civic and i like it. Optional there could be another penalty, that vassals can't be integrated anymore. The deal is, a feudal societey most likely developed in the medieval times of that societey and it would make much sense that this system carried over from long ago. So a Origin is very fitting i think (of course is this debatable).

That would be an excellent rework for a internal politics expansion. At least, it's just an idea :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yes i can support that.
There is also an ascension perk Shared Destiny, which also supports vassals, but since vassals arent great the perk is neither great.

Tributes are somehow useful, as you can tribute AI, gestalt empires and get resource balance out of them.

Vassals are not really helpful in war too weak, maybe us buffer zone. Maybe they (the Vassals) could provide 10% of their naval cap as bonus to our. So we get something out of vassals, other then right to integrate.

The feature of galactic tribunal judging who can i vassal is not fun at all.

There could be a concept of vassal efficiency related to vassal civics or perks or traidition. Which imroves the tribute our vassal performance. Tributes pay the same, we just get more out of it.

Tribute origin is great idea. There need to be some balancing, like we loose our guarantee worlds, the tributes are everything random, and we loose some pops in case we want to integrate them, but we cant do it anyway right off the bat (they are tributes not even vassals + timer)