• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have everything done except some events for POL units for France, Britain, USRR and... Switzerland. :)

In addition I expanded the number of changes - one, new Estonian team and the 'final, final' (I'm really exhaused by this issue and having it as accurate as possible) POL techteam setup.

Here -

teamy-polska-1.jpg

Those in red are vanilla Core 0.40 sometimes with some, minor changes.
Mainly - I had to remove the general eq. from the COP - seemed too strong to me.

One will be available with alternative .bmp

Unrug is mainly for flavour, but a weaker naval doctrine team could be useful for all those convoys etc.

And of course many of these are optional, with a short timeframe or difficult to get.

Some will lose skill when AoD is ready or will be removed completely.

Many more icons - those shown here are about 20 % of the whole set.

yugestlatswisssiaman-4.jpg

The final preview.

I need to run the final test and it will be available. I guess this Friday.

Some of numerous new icons:

yugestlatswisssiaman-6.jpg

including my best:

thebest.jpg

and a small addition (event unlocked) to use all those aircraft teams which usually have no chance to work.

observationplanes.jpg

I've already made pictures for about 20 aircrafts for several countries. Far from complete though, but I guess it must be enough for now at least.

In a moment first version will be available to download.

Hopefully there aren't too many mistakes, but I rather certain none of them will result in a CTD. :)

So here it is:

LINK CORRECTED

http://rapidshare.com/files/303523857/PAKIET_CORE_0.40_B.rar

Please report any mistakes you will notice. :)

I also need to thank to anyone helping me with this pack - especially to the IIRP modding team, to Mylae (for some of the icons) and of course to the CORE team for the product I am only trying to improve, however small that improvement is.

One more thing - in a couple of days I am going to release a modified package for the 3E map mod mady by Pinky. I wil need to adjust scenario files as well as some events - not too difficult, but boring...

Last edited:
Release B available

Changelog:

- added HUN intervention events,
- corrected error with observation planes not appearing as expected,
- corrected error with multiple events for observation planes firing for POL and JAP,

http://rapidshare.com/files/303523857/PAKIET_CORE_0.40_B.rar

Release C only after I finish its variant for E3 mod map.

Release C will be, but right now it isn't - there are too many changes I need to make. It will happen before the 11th though because I am going to start a campaign at that time with Finland and it enjoys its share of additions.:)

Hi! You can include my addition in your release. I do them for the public, and if more mod use them there is a chance that more people could play with correct Hungarian representation (e.g. spelling). :)

haven't played it yet, but it looks that still the bizzare Latvian air doctrine tech team Alex Vanags-Baginskis is alive and kicking. Even though the guy in real life was born only in 1927 and joined airforce (Luftwaffe) only in 1944, though he indeed was an expert on aeronautical matters. So having him in 1936 is not a good idea. In 1944-yes, of course. Instead, in 1936 Herberts Cukurs who was both a very succesfull pilot and constructor of airplanes, including dive bomber (Cukurs C-6bis) should be in. Probably a skill of 4 would be adequate.

@Ithron

Amazingly only yesterday I've included C-6bis as 1935 CAS for Latvia. ;)

Didn't know about the doctrine team - I will correct it.

Hi! You can include my addition in your release. I do them for the public, and if more mod use them there is a chance that more people could play with correct Hungarian representation (e.g. spelling). :)

Thanks !
I'm testing Hungary right now and the leader file suits it very well. Techteams are already well designed so no changes here.

haven't played it yet, but it looks that still the bizzare Latvian air doctrine tech team Alex Vanags-Baginskis is alive and kicking. Even though the guy in real life was born only in 1927 and joined airforce (Luftwaffe) only in 1944, though he indeed was an expert on aeronautical matters. So having him in 1936 is not a good idea. In 1944-yes, of course. Instead, in 1936 Herberts Cukurs who was both a very succesfull pilot and constructor of airplanes, including dive bomber (Cukurs C-6bis) should be in. Probably a skill of 4 would be adequate.

I checked the guy. It seems he had no real influence leading to doctrinal/structural changes in the Latvian Air Force.

Maybe one of LAT ministers would be better ?

Well, he could be, yes. In the same site you can choose some other possibilities too. Checked myself a few though not all, but none seemed especially superior to others. http://latvianaviation.com/Bios.html

Edit.
Hm, just found that on that site are other categories of people, not just "aviators". And under constructors I found this guy - http://latvianaviation.com/BB_EglitisV.html to me he looks as one of the best candidate for tech team.

By the way, would be great to have reichkommisariats in game :) also, soviet union if experiencing some democratization, could have de-centralization, releasing it's republics :p

Last edited:
Well, he could be, yes. In the same site you can choose some other possibilities too. Checked myself a few though not all, but none seemed especially superior to others. http://latvianaviation.com/Bios.html

Edit.
Hm, just found that on that site are other categories of people, not just "aviators". And under constructors I found this guy - http://latvianaviation.com/BB_EglitisV.html to me he looks as one of the best candidate for tech team.

Perhaps, but Irbitis seems enough all things considering.

For a doctrine team it seems to me that Rudolfs Kandis is the best choice.

http://latvianaviation.com/BB_KandisR.html

By the way, would be great to have reichkommisariats in game :) also, soviet union if experiencing some democratization, could have de-centralization, releasing it's republics :p

It is a POL centred package, so there are only Promethean liberation events bound to the path where POL player choses to support such movements fully. A complicated chain of events.

For LAT there are only limited changes and improvements. GER player still can release LAT as a puppet and personall I'd like to avoid working on anything more complicated. My attention will be diverted to other improvements - namely POL Secret State and only after E3 map adjustment is ready and working properly.

Yes, because it is supposed to be formed.

You can deactivate that option - there is an event firing at the beginning of the game (I think it is named 'playing the pack') which allows you to sleep the event creating the alliance.

In addition you don't need to worry about them - when they or POL start losing they leave the alliance and sign a separatist peace treaty.

Each of them has such an event with slightly different triggers so it is unlikely they will leave the alliance at the same time, but by occupying about 1/3 - 1/2 of POL you will force their surrender as well.

R-M Pact etc are unaffacted, but it is possible that the Soviets will invade Estonia which activates an entire line of events for ROM, FIN etc and distorst the usual timeline.

To play historically simply deactivate the event when asked for that - it happens right at the beginning.

Actually I am quite happy that the pack provides options like this, but I guess it is possible to overlook it - there are quite many events firing at the beginning of each campaign.

One more thing - the event will not fire if you are switching to a different faction/country during the game and you have already chosen to keep the Baltic Alliance active.

Noted for next time on the Baltic State alliance.

It's the beginning of May 1940. Playing as GER, I'm at peace with the Allies, but I'm getting ready to invade France and the Low Countries because I don't want them at my back when I invade the Soviet Union. The SU hasn't absorbed the Baltic States yet. When does that happen?

Usually in the summer of 1940 - between June and August.

Nothing from vanilla CORE AI should be affected although small changes are not impossible.