• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All right I have a new, printed source which gave me some ideas:

Armoured Brigade/Regiment chain for BUL - the armoured unit was pretty large and actually, all things considering, I like the idea to give BUL an armoured unit after several completed arms deals with Germany.
German AI will be set to accept all of them, but I will add somealternative outcomes - armoured attachement/-s and something in case BUL switches to Soviet Bulgaria earlier than in the actual history.

That will be complicaded to implement, but not too much.

Two. More aircraft deals:

Fokker G 1 purchase for

SPA - originally a half-covert deal made through Estonia and supposedly to Southern America. Cancelled completely in 1939, but should be here I think.

SWE - pretty important. The Swedes were going to produce almost 100 of those airplanes.

DEN - It is hard to find anything for Denmark so a deal where it can acquire a BP for one of its air missions seems enough.

FIN and HUN were also interested, but in both cases I don't think it is worth the effort.

In general aircraft deals will be put all together in one, new file; will also use Swiss event slots and since I have a simple system to make those events very easily and really quickly I have no problems with adding another 5-10 without much delay.

Finally DC 3 deal between the Soviets and the USA.

It actually looks pretty strange - does anyone know if the Soviets actually paid for the license ? They produced almost 5000 of those planes !

Anyway, I will try to release it as soon as possible. :)

Hi,

The DC-3/Li-2 technology transfer is already modeled in CORE with a BP event. Since the USSR built most of these aircraft themselves this seeme better than actually transfering aircraft units like we do for the Lend LEase aircraft.

mm

Hi,

The DC-3/Li-2 technology transfer is already modeled in CORE with a BP event. Since the USSR built most of these aircraft themselves this seeme better than actually transfering aircraft units like we do for the Lend LEase aircraft.

mm

Very good. Saves me 5 minutes adding it. :)

BTW Any pictures showing Spanish (produced for Spain) Fokker G 1 ?

A wee bit difficult, as they were never delivered...

I know, but some were tested by the Spanish. I wonder if these received their markings.
It is not uncommon - I have seen Polish PZL P.11 with Portuguese markings despite the fact they never signed the deal.

If not I will use Dutch G 1 for all deals involving this airplane.

I know, but some were tested by the Spanish. I wonder if these received their markings.
It is not uncommon - I have seen Polish PZL P.11 with Portuguese markings despite the fact they never signed the deal.

If not I will use Dutch G 1 for all deals involving this airplane.
Well I haven't found any myself, and am doubtful they exist to be honest.

Progress report.

POL leader & minister files - ready

GEO leader file - ready

Aircraft deals - 80 %

Heavy equipment deals (BUL tanks, FIN Panssaridivisoona chain etc) - 70 %

Soviet take-over of POL - 90 % - finishing commander purges,

POL events - 99 %

POL units for SOV - 50 %

POL units for FRA - 20 %

POL units for ENG - 25 %

POL units for SCH - 20 %

various (armoured trains, new model pictures, new icons, event pictures, various other events like JAP and CHI reactions to R-M Pact etc)

- 75 %

Release - hopefully 17th September

Last edited:
This one was used in the Paris air show.

30773_fokker_g1_x2_scan10160.jpg

"The design and construction of the prototype (registered as X-2) was completed in just seven months. At its introduction at the Paris Air Show in November 1936, even before its first flight, the G.I was a sensation, appearing in a purple and yellow finish (evocative of the Spanish Republican colors, thought to be Fokker's first export customer)."

Today is the day...

6.jpg

If you have questions this is the place to ask them. :)

P.S. Of course there will be very few available techteams at a time, but with some knowledge about the subject it is easy to notice that fact. :)

HI 1 Great work so far.I am almost to finish my mod,and one thing that is missing is this : govermant in exile ! How did you maked this offmap province ?

It is the underground state, not the government in the exile - the second is an other entity altogether.

But to make it...
I copied what was done with Nationalistic Spain in CORE i.e. using one unused province in province.csv file, adding borders in the file describing the map + techteams, leaders, ministers, starting setup and all the rest in other files (including graphics).

It took some time and is not ready yet (so won't be present in my little pack) and is a bit complicated - event driven in many ways - but should be ok when it is done.

Ok. And here is another thing which will be present:

yugestlatswisssiaman.jpg

New icons - the majority of Siamese was made by Mylae and the pack will also include some, other icons made by this guy - but the most of the rest is my work.
There will be also some icons made with the use of SKIFF - hopefully useful enough in this game. :)

Unless it is not ready this night I will release the addon on Saturday.

Not much to finish, but it is rather very little time to do actual work.

Some things won't be ready, but almost everything except POL in exile and POL Secret State will be implemented.

I am planning to finish everything linked to this mod to 2nd-4th October which makes a good date for a release, especially for the Secret State. ;)

Arghhh... encountered more problems than expected.

My sophisticated Bulgarian chain for example makes little sense for agrarian-based economy which never gets a chance to produce e.g. 'real' CAS bombers...

I know it is fair all things considering - the fact they've managed to produce some interesting airplanes doesn't justify giving them easier access to tank production for example.

Anyway this will be reworked - perhaps today - but still delays my first release to Sunday (hopefully).

THe good thing is that some extremely complicated event chains seem to work as supposed to e.g. Finland will get a chance to form a panzer division, so does Bulgaria.

In both cases it will be bound to German war against the Soviets - helping to rearm their partners a sort of thing. IN case of Finland it will not even be necessary to actually join the Axis, but just to wage war against the SU at the same time.

Anyways some of those events are really well written I must say. Probably not balanced enough, but hey it is not official so not everything has to be.

Still I tried to change as little as possible so that the AI wouldn't be driven insane in the process. ;)

As something to use and test for the time being here is the POL leader and minister set.

The general idea was to help bestmajor - that is why this is pre-released at all.

http://rapidshare.com/files/283846383/early_pack.rar

NEWS

The only thing left are the events activating Polish divisions in exile (France, Britain and a chance for that for Switzerland - hard to implement) and Polish units under Soviet control.
Nothing too complicated because it would really take too much work.

I guess it is one day work, so not too bad.

I've recently added some features:

1. One techteam for Latvia - hardly useful, but should be there,

2. Very elaborate sets of events for Bulgaria - for some reason I found much information about this country,

3. Random losses accuring during the Anschluss, Occupation of Czechoslovakia, Soviet Invasion of Poland, annexation of the Baltic States and Bessarabia - it is a bit unpredictable, but I found that in some of those actions even units from Central Asia were actually participating.
Obviously a bit easier with Germany who have less units to suffer the losses.

Only in the case of the invasion of Poland losses might be serious - as it actually happened, but only if someone is extremely unlucky he/she might lose an entire division.

4. A minor revision in POL setup - I will most likely add a new scientific team to represent TKD-N ( Tymczasowy Komitet Doradczo-Naukowy) which was a special group of scientist developing things such as rocket technology (rocket artillery - advanced testing in 1939) or working on even stranger technologies such as the death ray, microwave, infrared emission etc.
Even more unexpected I've learnt that there was a working radar tested in 1939 - still not sure how advanced it was.
I didn't know about it thinking that such technologies would be only available with the expansion of electrotechnical research in 1940 as a part of the COP industrial complex.
It seems that this one was a part of a different process - namely the massive development of radio technology, industry and the media itself.
The growth was amazing with over 1 000 000 receivers in private hands in 1939 - starting from some 50 000 in the 1920s. Also at the same time television made its first steps - apparently with regular broadcasts planned for 1940-41 (it was extensively tested in 1939).

images and information here

http://www.pit.edu.pl/index.php?s=651

and here

http://www.itl.waw.pl/inst/historia.html

Anyway I will see if it is worth more than a blueprint (wherever it makes some sense - certainly not in places which receive BPs from other techs...) - after all true, working radars would be available no earlier than in 1940.

I've also rised starting strenght of two units - 14. Dywizja Piechoty and Wielkopolska Brygada Kawalerii - both were larger than usual given supporting battalions of territorial defence brigades (National Defence) - Poznańska and Kaliska which had some of the strongest units of this kind in entire Poland. That makes even more sense because the forces fought during the massive battle at Bzura (1 000 000 combatants from both sides) so it was no stationary militia.

5. Added the final aircraft deals -> HOL-DEN purchase of Fokker D.XXI especially.

6. Prepared some new icons - some Slovak, Thai and Czechoslovak.

7. Implemented working versions of military exercises for years 1936-37, 38-39 and 1940-41. Perhaps later naval exercises could be added, but that is a bit too early to think about that. What could trigger that for example ? Maybe technology ? Have no idea, but it would be silly to see a country without any navy starting such exercises... :rofl:

I guess this will be interesting and several countries will enjoy some improvements in the end - especially Poland, Bulgaria and Finland. :)

Last edited:
Adding a second electronics team (PIT) for Poland was a difficult choice, but all things considering the damn thing should be useful only to research radar technology and its theory of course - television or some forms of radio communication and infrastructure are (rather) not covered by the game so that will be all the PIT will be doing.
It will also appear in communist Poland's set because the people were probably too important to arrest during 1949-51 purges and it actually achived some important results from 1949 making that change even more sensible.

ScreenSave0-1.jpg

PZTiR will be better with 6 skill as well - considering I was arguing about it since the moment I've proposed adding them especially. Anyway either this or a BP for 1937 electronics which seems unjustified as a temporary boost while the company and the development of electronics/radio technology and infastructure was something much bigger and seems to be one of more lasting achievements of pre-war Poland.

Along with the mathematics of course.
That is why you could notice that Stefan Banach was replaced by Lvov mathematics school - he might be the genius who was the most famous, but losing this team was quite silly. There were dozens of mathematicians so with Banach's disappearance in 1945 the team will stay as it should be.

Are you sure about the numbers ?

Yep, quite sure, but it includes the extended version not the one released to the cinemas. ;)
Basically - armies - Łódź, Pomorze, Poznań, Warszawa, Modlin vs. 3rd, 8th, 10th and the Luftwaffe engaged in the fighting.

I know that often lower numbers are used, but some units were engaged for a part of the battle so it is not easy to count the numbers.

I'm no longer sure if it is lucky or unlucky, but once again I am forced to adjust another techteam.
Suprisingly 'Rzeczpospolita' daily produces in its historical supplements some really interesting data in recent weeks.*

Apparently TKDN ( Tymczasowy Komitet Doradczo-Naukowy) made even larger progress in rocket technology.
According to prof. Janusz Groszkowski (one of main scientist minds behind many projects pre- and after the war) Poland was very advanced at least in rocket theory. Not only rocket artillery, but also guidiance systems and such.

During the war some of those scientists while working with the underground managed to gather some really important information about both the V2 and the V1. Earlier I thought it was mainly about its fuel, but now I know it was actually more about electronic components of the weapon.

Apparently even von Braun (after the war of course) was impressed by their achievements.

Apparently in 1939 the team made first practical moves in preparing liquid, rocket fuel and the necessary electronics, but it was due to the funds they've finally received for that.
Much of the work was done earlier, but because TKDN was engaged in other projects (for example industrial applications of discoveries about synthetic rubber) only in 1939 true, large rockets became something more than a theory.
To some degree it was inspired by German discoveries about those Poles learnt through various channels.
Rocket artillery (solid fuel) was amongst older projects and missiles called 'Skowronek' (actually more like rocket propelled grenades) were tested from 1938.

All in all I think I had a really good guess with a rocket team for Poland I proposed much time ago on Terranova.
Now I will just redesign it - skill 3 (because of the lack of funds), rocketry, technical efficiency, management and chemistry and name it TKDN so it could research some theory with at least two matching skills whatever rocket tech it researches.
I could add electronics instead of one field - maybe in place of technical efficiency - but I am not sure if it will work as supposed to.

I will place it making it available from the beginning so it could research some basic, theoretical techs before 1939.
In the Arsenal of Democracy it will be able to learn more skill so I guess it could stay this way.

Personally I am both impressed and really, really suprised by the results of those peoples' research and I am quite certain that a skill 3 team won't be either unfair or too generous all things considering.

* I was reading the paper for almost a decade, but it became really biased supporting Kaczynski brothers in 2006-7 - now only legal and historical pages are something worth reading and suprisingly informative.

Here is a complete list of all techteams for 'continuation' Poland.

teamy-polska.jpg

yellow dot - temporary teams - disappear after some time,

orange dot - mobilization teams,

red square - industrialization/naval expansion plans,

blue square - in specific are for 15 years development plan,

purple square - alternative outcomes teams - available if Germany or Soviet Union are defeated,

I though I will show some results because because I am an inch far from completing it (yesterday added 'B-29A becomes Tu 4' event chain) yet I am only talking and promising without anything interesting to download.... :(

I am trying to finish it as soon as possible - hopefully it will be attractive enough, at least for those who like POL, BUL, FIN, REP Spain or Japan.