• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The new Vanilla Vickie Version of the interface is up. Version 2 is all inclusive and does not require and other downloads. This is now revolutions compatible.

Bump :D

Gaius Marius I said:
Will version 2 work with both 1.4 and Revolutions?
hmmmm...it should.

tyrel68 said:
hmmmm...it should.

I ask, because i could never get version 1 to work with 1.4...

Version 1 was fine for 1.03c, and Version 2 worked perfectly for Revolutions...

Gaius Marius I said:
I ask, because i could never get version 1 to work with 1.4...

Version 1 was fine for 1.03c, and Version 2 worked perfectly for Revolutions...
Did you try it with 1.04?

Wretched Gnu said:
I'm sorry, but where are the screenshots for this mod...?
thanks

Check my Prussia AAR, it was played with the new interface.

dann said:
Apologies, but just to confirm, which download is the best option with Ricky + VIP, and do I need to add the text.rar or font files?
haha sorry i was not clueing in to what you were asking

Install the vickie interface. There may be some small capital icon bugs but nothing should be huge. The VIP download has all the updates required(the separate files are due to me forgetting stuff in previous versions)

P.S.
Still amazed this actually caught on with some people :wacko:

Last edited:
If there are any bugs use the vanilla version which should work no matter what sans the capital icons and some other stuff

tyrel68 said:
P.S.
Still amazed this actually caught on with some people :wacko:
You shouldn't be.
happyspongebob1.jpg

It's bee-YOO-tee-full!

There were some areas surrounding some icons in the interface which I thought could be tweaked a little (the areas of green around some icons, and the area around the liferating icon - think this was unmodded from the vanilla interface??). I made the changes to the following items found in the "...\gfx\interface\" folder:
  • cover65.bmp
  • cover70.bmp
  • globe_btn.bmp
  • letter_btn.bmp
  • liferating.bmp
  • palace_btn.bmp
  • population_btn.bmp
  • pressrights.bmp
  • production_btn.bmp
  • unemployment.bmp
  • workhours.bmp
Here is the download link for those who wish to remove the patches of green, etc... around those icons. Unload the .zip file and put the GFX folder in the your Victoria directory. Alternatively, manually copy the items into the "...\gfx\Interface\" folder.

Last edited:
There were some areas surrounding some icons in the interface which I thought could be tweaked a little (the areas of green around some icons, and the area around the liferating icon - think this was unmodded from the vanilla interface??). I made the changes to the following items found in the "...\gfx\interface\" folder:
  • cover65.bmp
  • cover70.bmp
  • letter_btn.bmp
  • liferating.bmp
  • palace_btn.bmp
  • pressrights.bmp
  • production_btn.bmp
  • unemployment.bmp
  • workhours.bmp
Here is the download link for those who wish to remove the patches of green, etc... around those icons. Unload the .zip file and put the Interface folder in the \gfx\ folder. The files should be overwritten.
Thanks a bunch for the fixes :D

Is there any possibility to have it working for widescreen resolution, ie 1280x800, as well?
Remember i just changed the skin of the interface. Basically what the interface does or how it reacts to changes is exactly the same so I think what you want would require some coding to enable.

No problem tyrel! Will you be releasing any more graphics mods anytime soon??
hah probably not. I did everything i wanted to in VIP(which ended up being ALOT hah)

Kinda burned out atm ;)