• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey vitality! Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated. Its true that the betas have progressed and the mod is somewhat lagging behind, but my work just ended today and should have more time now and during the winter to update the mod.

Some quick responses to the issues:

Ive seen Barbarossa not happening in my testgames too, sometimes its due to Italian AI failing to load their invasion AI properly and they fail to take out Albania which leads to all sorts of problems with the follow up events. Havent seen Yugoslavia not get annexed though, sometimes it gets delayed if the occupier is bankrupt. Some AI events seem to trigger if you reload the save every now and then, which should enforce Hungary to give up some areas in Yugoslavia to Germany. I think ive done some things in current beta for the mod in order to fix it.

Yeah, the pre-war IC balance is a really difficult thing to get right. A human Germany can still outright smash them, but granted, the AI Germany doesent share the same successes. I am currently in a MP game that is using the mod, and the battle of France seems to be fairly balanced, even with a very strong BEF.

Bahrain and General Government have their flags, but the current beta patch for AoD has broken the gfx system in moddirs. So none of the custom nations have their flags in use at the moment. However, you can fix it by moving the flags from the moddir to the main folder and overwrite.

Will have to look at the Chinese province issue. Reckon the secede list doesent include Mengukuo, if not, need to be added.
Thanks for the instructions on how to fix the flags! :)
In my games I had to reload as Hungary and hand over the provinces to Germany manually. I didn't check if Hungary just couldn't afford the diplomatic action. That seems more likely than a bug though.

Almost a year since last release and I sure would need some kind of alarm system to remind me to write down all the changes, but here are the highlights that I can remember for the Improved 1936 1.12 update! Most importantly the mod has now been done with using the very latest 1.11 patches, so full compatibility with it is guaranteed.

Scenario changes:
- Most of the worlds oil production has been tweaked to more historical levels.
- Some minor fixes here and there.
- Fixes to some starting OOBs.
- Toned down many of the 2X speed infra builds.
- Starting naval constructions synchronized with the 1.11 ones.

Gfx:
- Corrected some minister pics.
- Several new event pictures added. Thanks Urko and Pioniere!
- Some counters have been added.
- If some flags and pictures are not showing, this is due to the 1.11 patch, an easy fix for it is to copy the contents of the mods gfx folder and scenarios/data folder and place them to the equilevant vanilla folders.

Events:
- Volkswagen for Germany.
- Scorched Earth events for USSR.
- Conscription event for Sweden.
- Anglo-Egyptian Treaty.
- A nazi Ukraine now receives some serious debuffs that lessen with time.
- Erwin Schrödinger for Ireland.
- Bitter Peace makes USSR hand over Manchukuo and Mengukuo to Japan if they possess them.
- Cyprus regiment for UK.
- The White Sea-Baltic Canal Sabotage event for Finland.
- An absolute ton of post-war events for several nations. Including things like USSR looting Germany and Manchukuo for war indemnities.
- Rep. China can now evacuate Nanjing if it is threatened by Japanese forces.
- Sikorski–Mayski Agreement for UK and USSR.
- Polish Army in France and UK.
- A bunch of oil increasing events for various nations, most notably to Saudi-Arabia and Iran.
- A bunch of small changes/fixes to vanilla and Improved events.

Db changes:
- China-Nanjing cores have been reduced significantly. They also do not posses Shanghai but receive cores on it if Japan decides to cede it.
- Northern China no longer begins with Tangshan, but also receives core on if it is ceded to it.
- Integrated some latest 1.11 changes.
- New minister types and updated some old ones.
- Some new revolter nations available. Thanks Espen for providing them.
- New brigade types available!
- Some changes to land doctrines.

AI:
- Updated every single AI file to utilize the new research parameters in the 1.11 patch.
- A ton of small fixes to numerous AIs.

Thanks to Pioniere and Urko for their enormous contributions!

Download from https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9krtzgbq0s9aiy/Imp1.12.rar?dl=0

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've experienced a freeze crash (no way to get back to desktop, need to shut down) using Beta 1.11 with IMP 1936, every time on may 2, 1941, 00:00, playing GER, triggered by a major naval battle in Kristiansand sea front and in north sea middle with France and UK (both, any engagement = ctd). If i let enemy ships pass, and stand waiting for enemy troops to disembark on stavanger, no CTD happens. Of course i reported of it on Beta 1.11 forum too, for better coordination. Thanks for your efforts. Bye!

Hi guys

The issue that ronnie87 met is caused by this mod.
Specifically its armynames line 10444,
U20;Divisione fanteria "Cacciatori d'Africa"

" is not a valid character for unit name, and must be avoided as it breaks the unit initialization on savegame load.

Aha! Thanks for finding that, seems my validator did not see it as an error.

Heres a patch to fix it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kzfm06a75u4o8x/Imp1.13.rar?dl=0

Changelog:

- Fixed the bug in armynames.
- Updated several AIs for better performance, German and Soviet AIs got the most love, mainly in research and production.
- Mongolia has got a sweet horse army now.
- Some starting constructions tweaked for certain minors.

Last edited:
Please do that :), I run dozens of playtests but usually they are just handsoff games with Cuba or something, so it limits them to observing the AI actions and so on. One gets much more detailed playtests if one actually plays with a meaningfull country but they take much more time that I normally dont have.