• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
another thing is to delete the random purges for SOV - to make for instance sure that Zhukov comes always through.

as for brigades, i was toying around with them and gave the SU a "guards" brigade with some good stats. these guys really made a difference :).
also, as human GER tends to build a lot of tanks in AoD (at least i do that) - HARM for SOV makes definately some sense.

as for JAP: giving it cores for eg Taiwan is IMO both historical and gives them some more IC/men.

New Imp.rar uploaded!

Changes:

- Reworked French research and constructions according to feedback from bestmajor
- Iceland exists at the start as Denmarks puppet, reworked also the events regarding Iceland so Allies get military access over it
- Added minister/ideas events for a communist Sweden
- AI Hungary now actually researches land doctrines (!)
- Fixed Mongolias teching upgrade after it gets armored cavalry done
- Tweaked some AI UK trading partners
- Wrestled with a bunch of Garrison/Invasion AIs for some major nations with some success
- Cleaned up some AI events
- Sudan AI no longer attaches Armoured cars to its militia
- UK AI now builds a few marines

Hey, I have not added in the changes for 1.09 to this scenario yet, but that may change in near future but good if its working regardless.

And yes, its WAD that Hungary and Italy join axis, they are Germanys usual allies and should enjoy the benefits from an alliance with Germany, just like a human player would.

Using the alliance with Italy, I prepositioned troops in Libya and declared war on Egypt at the beginning of the war. I was easily able to overcome the Egyptian army and run the British out of the Middle East and take all of the Algerian coast as well as Morocco. It didn't take many troops as there were no defending British or French troops anywhere in the area.

Aye, the Garrison AIs are rather irratic, so basically I had to decide whether they defend properly their colonies, or their mainland, and obviously I chose the mainland.

French pull out everything they have to the defence of France itself, placing as many men to North Africa as its needed to repell a possible Italo-German assault is just not worth it when the outcome of their war is decided in Europe.

UK garrisons Suez and Mideast with few troops, they do send more men to take out ethiopia, but generally that theater is of less importance to them. They keep a considerable amount of their men at home, defending their beaches. If I tell them to defend the colonies more fiercely, they leave their home rather poorly defended, paving the way for an easy invasion by a human player.

How is your war going elsewhere? Has France fallen, or have you tried Sealion?

Lord jarski, i checked your mod with the AoD Validator and, err... i get a lot of reports, actually :(

Havent actually ever used that AoD Validator, but I installed and used it. I fixed most found issues that I could. Many of them seemed to be some duplicate event ids in Imp eventfiles and vanilla eventfiles, which is no problem as the vanilla eventfiles arent used, also it complained about decimal values in scenario files and some other stuff in scenario files that are completely valid and working with the game. Reckon the validator is not fully updated for 1.08 yet? But thanks a bunch for the tip on Validator, will surely use it from now on so such errors dont pile up like that :D

So new Imp.rar uploaded!

- Fixed ALL the duplicate ID errors and other errors in all the AI files
- Fixed a bunch of errors in event files
- Incorporated Pang Bingxun's 1.09 changes to the scenario files, as far as they could be. Ive changed some of his constructions to certain nations, as I do not fully agree with all of them, few nations are still left but I will reform their constructions in due time too.
- USA AI loses its neutrality if London is taken
- Soviet AI will join the war sooner in case Germany is unable to defeat France and begins to lose its territory
- Soviet AI will now return Vienna dictat provinces to Romania if owns them and Romania is their ally
- Some other minor changes to AIs and events
- Removed events for USCA and Benelux unification, as the plans have changed.

Last edited:
as for brigades, i was toying around with them and gave the SU a "guards" brigade with some good stats. these guys really made a difference :).

Uhhh, just out of curiosity... how does one implement a brigade to the game that can only be built by one nation, in your case USSR? I was under the impression that each brigade can be built by anyone?

well you create your brigade like i did for the guards, in this case i took b_u10

but do not link it to the tech tree, otherwise it will be available for every country; instead add this to the scenario .inc of the country:

# soviet guards order
allowed_brigades = {
b_u10 = yes
}

Uhhh, just out of curiosity... how does one implement a brigade to the game that can only be built by one nation, in your case USSR? I was under the impression that each brigade can be built by anyone?

On that note, if I may offer a suggestion for a new brigade. Could you create an Assault Gun brigade that is actually made available via doctrine (I was thinking Mech wave for Russians and Blitz for Germans and Italians in some scenarios), so that only those nations mentioned, who made far greater use of them compared to anyone else, would actually be able to build them?

This mod looks great, but as ever, I'm torn - do I try it out, or stick with CORE (which I know best)? For most games you could just try both, but for AoD, even playing one game is a major investment! How do they compare, if anyone's tried both?

Also, I'm confused about the mention of AoD 1.09. I thought 1.08 was the most recent?

Well this is mostly a scenario, not a mod, just by switching between your vanilla AI folder and the one for this scenario, you can easily try it out and still keep compatibility with everything else.

1.08 is indeed the latest released version, however, Pang has made some changes already which as far as I know will be included in the upcoming 1.09 version. More info on them can be found here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?661336-Development-of-AoD-1.09