Bear Squared

First Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2020
Still not sure what you're talking about. Creative Director for Bloodlines 2 was, and according to his LinkedIn profile, still is - Ka'ai Cluney.

Do share some sources if you're going to continue with such claims, please. Sending people on wild goose hunts ain't nice.

While it says it in his header (LinkedIn doesn't auto-update this), scroll down to his resume area, which IS manually updated by the user (it's the only way it can change). It lists him gone as of last month.

Reactions:

Marc_Hicks

Colonel
12 Badges
Apr 14, 2018
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
While it says it in his header (LinkedIn doesn't auto-update this), scroll down to his resume area, which IS manually updated by the user (it's the only way it can change). It lists him gone as of last month.

To me, it sounds like you've gone all "Conspiracy Theory" on us. Taking tiny pieces of information & blowing them out of proportion to suit a specific narrative.

Reactions:

Marc_Hicks

Colonel
12 Badges
Apr 14, 2018
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
I completely agree with this. Bloodlines 2 is not the only game that has been delayed multiple times, especially during this past year.

Have you ever worked in any type of software development? Though programming is technically a "solo job", it is predicated on team work and easy access to individuals to discuss and expand on ideas, etc. It is a collaborative effort especially for a development project of this size.

I work in a development environment, I can assure you that COVID has absolutely impacted our productivity negatively. Though we can video conference, it is not nearly the same thing as being in the same room as other developers and being able to stop over to discuss a feature or bug. This definitely has played a role in all game development. This is also more of a rude awakening for more of the "old timers" that have been used to developing in a certain environment for a while as the learning curve is even worse for them. It is also difficult to speak on features and other items as nothing is as fluid right now as it was before. So having the blanket statement that "productivity increase for those people who could work from home" is a gross over simplification.

Even in my own job, I often find myself failing to meet deadlines because things don't go to plan, or materials I ordered take longer to arrive than planned for. I know its even worse in Software Development, where removing one bug can often introduce 4 new ones. Hence why I tend to be more forgiving of games getting delayed.....even if I am.disappointed when it happens.

Reactions:

Marc_Hicks

Colonel
12 Badges
Apr 14, 2018
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
Perhaps one of the Hardsuit or Paradox people could at least let us know if they have any plans to be involved in Gamescom Online? It would be fantastic to see *something* related to Bloodlines 2 at that event.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Phibs

Murifex maximus
101 Badges
Oct 22, 2012
  • 500k Club
To me, it sounds like you've gone all "Conspiracy Theory" on us. Taking tiny pieces of information & blowing them out of proportion to suit a specific narrative.

? That's just how linkedin works. If you don't 'terminate' an employment, it'll show it from *startdate* - "present". I mean that's pretty much the central functionality of the site.

Reactions:

Detective Malloy

Corporal
2 Badges
May 9, 2019
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
I'm not too surprised given the effects of the pandemic on game development.

"Nearly half of the developers surveyed feel working from home has lowered their productivity."
"In terms of how COVID-19 has affected the projects these developers were working on, one in three responding developers have had to delay a game due to the effects of the pandemic. "

I was already waiting to preorder until we had a release date and system specs so this doesn't change anything for me. It'll get here when it gets here, I only care whether it's good. I've other stuff to play while I wait.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Marc_Hicks

Colonel
12 Badges
Apr 14, 2018
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
I'm not too surprised given the effects of the pandemic on game development.

"Nearly half of the developers surveyed feel working from home has lowered their productivity."
"In terms of how COVID-19 has affected the projects these developers were working on, one in three responding developers have had to delay a game due to the effects of the pandemic. "

I was already waiting to preorder until we had a release date and system specs so this doesn't change anything for me. It'll get here when it gets here, I only care whether it's good. I've other stuff to play while I wait.

Same here. As I said elsewhere, CP2077 is less than 100 days away......yet I still haven't pre-ordered because I don't know the specs. I mean, if my PC can't even match the minimum settings, then I may have to wait until December to get it!

Reactions:

IvoryOwl

First Lieutenant
May 12, 2019
Several delays in a row can be frustrating but I feel like some people get a little too emotional about it. I think certain individuals would benefit from exerting some self-control and avoiding pre-ordering games this early if they can't tolerate technical issues and/or delays. Because buying a game and then "threatening" to cancel the pre-order when it gets delayed feels a little bit immature-ish.

Unlike most EA games that are a gamble on whether they pan out or not, you are almost assuredly getting the product you paid for here... but you may not get it within whatever expectations you set for yourself. It is the developer's fault when they set up a release date and miss it. But it is on YOU when a game gets delayed, without a prior release date, and that makes you upset. And if you pre-order games because you want to support the developers then... how does a delay change that? If that's your reasoning then withdrawing your money now may just hinder their progress (due to fewer funds) and lower morale (because people are upset at the developers for a choice they thought was best in the long-term).

If you're this emotional now, then you strike as a person who spends money based on their "emotions". Don't let yourself be blinded by hype. People who binge and spend money on a whim are the biggest "victims" of pre-orders and early-access models because they can't resist the temptation. Think before you throw money at something.

• 2Like
Reactions:

RagnarokCzD

Colonel
Apr 1, 2019
Im not quite sure what seems funnier ...
If that part, where you ignore all those people who multiple times declared that it isnt "delay itself" what is anoying / frustrating ... but its delay combined with almost zero comunication, sometimes lack of comunication itself. :p
Or that part where you presume reasons for pre-order and with single breath you despise them. :-/

Bear Squared

First Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2020
Pre-ordering is a definite no in this industry unless you are okay with waiting what could be months for a patch - and you're okay with a potential 60 (or worse) Metacritic. Publishers do tend to provide discounts and incentives, but if you can't play the game or the game's a dud, it's cold consolation.

Hopefully, PDX and Hardsuit will pull themselves out of this spiral, but one thing that might send a message is canceling pre-orders: it's a language publishers understand and might shake them awake that fixes need to happen.

Reactions:

Andrew28475

First Lieutenant
Jun 24, 2020
Pre-ordering is a definite no in this industry unless you are okay with waiting what could be months for a patch - and you're okay with a potential 60 (or worse) Metacritic. Publishers do tend to provide discounts and incentives, but if you can't play the game or the game's a dud, it's cold consolation.

Hopefully, PDX and Hardsuit will pull themselves out of this spiral, but one thing that might send a message is canceling pre-orders: it's a language publishers understand and might shake them awake that fixes need to happen.
I have learnt that the hard way with this game, so no pre ordering without a date.

Thorqemada

First Lieutenant
31 Badges
Aug 6, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
A good and working game late is better than a mediocre and/or broken game soon...
...at this point the story should be set so the changes should not affect the game to much if it is not that they suddenly go no longer along with it...
...i hope for a game that is true to the legacy of VTMB.

I buy good games !

• 1Like
Reactions:

Rasqal

Private
Apr 26, 2019
I'm okay with the game being pushed into 2021. But the release date at the gog.com site is marked with the 31.12.2021 now, and that's more like 2022, imho. I bought Bloodlines 1 on the release date, waded through all of the bugs and difficulties and loved it. I'll do it again. You guys can wait patiently for the perfectly smooth release in one and a half years (or more), I'll take the buggy game right now and get the patch at the official release. Thanks :)

Edit: I should have read some more before posting this. Now that I've learned about a certain development and probably the reason for the delay I changed my mind. How the turn tabled... :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: