Important Information for Microsoft Store Customers [Updated 29/02/24]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As an update to this post:

From March 1st onwards it will no longer be possible to purchase the game through the Microsoft Store. At this point, support for Hearts of Iron 4 on the MS platform will end. On this date, we will also be launching our solution to provide owners of HOI4 products on the Microsoft Store with Steam keys - we'll provide further details on exactly how this will work nearer March 1st.

• 6Like
Reactions:

From March 1st onwards it will no longer be possible to purchase the game through the Microsoft Store. At this point, support for Hearts of Iron 4 on the MS platform will end. On this date, we will also be launching our solution to provide owners of HOI4 products on the Microsoft Store with Steam keys - we'll provide further details on exactly how this will work nearer March 1st.
Does ending support mean you won't fix the remaining unobtainable achievements on that version? It looks like simple coding fix if you role out a small update.

• 7Like
Reactions:

From March 1st onwards it will no longer be possible to purchase the game through the Microsoft Store. At this point, support for Hearts of Iron 4 on the MS platform will end. On this date, we will also be launching our solution to provide owners of HOI4 products on the Microsoft Store with Steam keys - we'll provide further details on exactly how this will work nearer March 1s
will we get the steam key from mail??

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Does ending support mean you won't fix the remaining unobtainable achievements on that version? It looks like simple coding fix if you role out a small update.
As others have requested, fixing the Achievements would greatly benefit some of us Microsoft Store owners.

As mentioned in this thread (and other threads) it seems to be a very simple fix (just missing spaces for some Achievements).

Count me as another asking for this.

Thanks!

• 7Like
Reactions:
I've held off on buying the last few DLC's because of the same abovementioned reason. Would be nice to have the achievements fixed, so we at least get a complete version in that sense, especially if we can continue playing the game after it's delisted.

• 3Like
Reactions:
As others have requested, fixing the Achievements would greatly benefit some of us Microsoft Store owners.

As mentioned in this thread (and other threads) it seems to be a very simple fix (just missing spaces for some Achievements).

Count me as another asking for this.

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure the inability to get these to work on the MS Store is at least part of the reason that this decision was made.

Reactions:
I was just notified of this. Please fix the unobtainable achievements on the windows store version before calling it quits. I have no desire to play the steam version and would rather have a fully working, yet defunct windows store version.

Hell, overwrite the broken ones to new, working achievements or just reallocate the points into already existing and working achievements and delete the broken ones. That would be the easiest thing to do and is absolutely possible. Microsoft can walk you through it if you need it. Since it's a non-compliance issue, they'd be happy to help you do it.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
I'm pretty sure the inability to get these to work on the MS Store is at least part of the reason that this decision was made.
No, it is on Paradox.

They have been holding the record for the number of broken achievements across their games. HoI4, CK3, EU4 all had unobtainable achievements at one point and ended up with over 100 of them. CK3 was fixed, I believe EU4 was too. Now it's just HoI4. With 2 last DLC completely unavailable and a placeholder DLC.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Another request here for one last update to make the game completable before you sunset it, either fixing the achievments or jsut removing the broken ones. Would be greatly appreciated.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Aww, cmon i bought HoI4 like a month ago and now i need to buy it again? :(
its the second time i lose a game because its discontinued on gamepass.
can i at least get a refund of something?
Do you have a steam account? Because if you do im pretty sure on March 1st they're giving us steam keys to get it on steam for free (If you bought dlcs they'll be included)

• 1Like
Reactions:
No, it is on Paradox.

They have been holding the record for the number of broken achievements across their games. HoI4, CK3, EU4 all had unobtainable achievements at one point and ended up with over 100 of them. CK3 was fixed, I believe EU4 was too. Now it's just HoI4. With 2 last DLC completely unavailable and a placeholder DLC.
Don't forget Stellaris, it also has a number of broken achievements with the most recent DLC's. I've been buying DLCs for that recently but this makes me wonder if Paradox is pretty much backing away from all of their Windows version support so that is money down the drain.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi all,

Arheo here with some news about Hearts of Iron IV’s development on Microsoft Store. In the near future (exact date under discussion with Microsoft), Hearts of Iron IV will no longer be sold nor updated through the Microsoft store.

Why are we doing this?

We are doing this because it allows us to best utilize our resources supporting the platforms on which the vast majority of Hearts of Iron IV players are present.

What happens to existing customers?

For our Microsoft players I understand that this is likely to be a disappointment. We consider it our duty to ensure that alternative arrangements are made for everyone who owns Hearts of Iron IV, DLCs, or content packs on Microsoft. This is something we’re actively working to resolve - we'll let you know as soon as we have anything to share.

As a final note, I’d like to point out that each studio and game at Paradox has significant autonomy in defining its own strategy: this action is not indicative of a company-wide decision.

------------ Update: 29/01/2024 ------------
Hi all,

As promised, I'm back with some more info on this topic: We're currently working to set up a framework by which existing Microsoft Store customers will be able to redeem single-use Steam product keys for every Hearts of Iron IV product they own on Microsoft. These will be provided at no cost.

All our Microsoft customers will receive further information on how to go about redeeming these once the framework is set up.

------------ Update: 06/02/2024 ------------

/Arheo
I already own the base game on Steam and quite a bit of the DLC. I switched to the MS Store because I'm into Xbox Achievements and have bought the game and all the DLC. A Steam code for a game and most of the DLC I already own is definitely not good enough for me.

The game is sitting at 60+ unobtainable/broken achievements with a title update only listed as "placeholder" that seems to have been accidently released. Please fix the achievements for the game before you stop supporting it.

Honestly, the fixing of the achievements is the only thing you need to do for me for me to feel as though I haven't been stolen from.

I made my most recant purchases based on the how the achievements on EUIV were fixed on the MS Store assuming this was something that is important to the company. I feel completely mislead assuming you're not fixing the achievements.

• 3Like
Reactions: