• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, for the last few days, I've been successfully using the Import/Export tool in blender to import, edit, and save existing meshes.

But today, when I tried to convert other formats into .mesh (mainly .obj and .dae), I've started running into this error message on every attempt and I'm not sure how to get around it:

problem.png

Anyone have any guidance or suggestions? I'm stumped (I'm very much an amateur at this).

I'm currently using the most recent version of the plugin (0.8) and the most recent version of Blender (2.92.0)

-

UPDATE: Solved it. Turns out I was trying to export it with both a paradox material assigned and another material and t hat was throwing it for a loop. Had to delete the other material and export only with the paradox one. Now it seems to be working fine.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Solved it. Turns out I was trying to export it with both a paradox material assigned and another material and t hat was throwing it for a loop. Had to delete the other material and export only with the paradox one. Now it seems to be working fine.

The error basically says that you're exporting a mesh with no vertices.
I suspect this is because, when you assigned the PDX material to the mesh you did not actually apply the material to any faces.

Hey Ross-g I have the same Issue as Olupien where Maya would crash once I run the 'import io_pdx_mesh;reload(io_pdx_mesh)' command in python.

I have the same setup in my old laptop and it works fine, its just not working on the newer PC that I'm transferring my setup too. Could be something involving graphics cards? laptop has a GTX1050 while the desktop is a GTX3060?

I have Maya 2020.4
with the 0.8 version
screenshot_2021_12_27_at_01_21_43.png

This is the last image I have before it crashes.

Ended up doing a clean install on it, I had to delete or uninstall anything Autodesk or Maya related. It would still crash, but if you open it up via blender first, and then try again in Maya it work? life works in mysterious ways....

In blender I set it up and I just open a mesh file and mess with it trying to set it up till it crash on me, then I went to try again on Maya( I went straight to the bin and open it I disable UAC as well) and it works! I open and closed it a few times for the shelf and Maya itself and it works fine now, even with UAC re enable again.

Hopefully this helps out those in the future.

edit: It seems I have to open the blender version first if I restart my computer, If I want to use the Maya version. It would crash otherwise?

Last edited:
In Blender, whenever I try to export the mesh, I get this error irrespective of version, directory for export, or even using a pre-existing model.
1649507285670.png

Hi all. I'm looking for help from people who are on blender. I installed the addon but I can't find the paradox tool in the software. Can someone help me.
Have you read the wiki?

The tool is in the sidebar
1650747486659.png

everything goes well in my pc until the error log said “ Failed to create material with shader” and “Pdx mesh type with no meshes: gfx/models/units/tanks/LOC_main_tank.mesh won't render.”,i don't how to use this tool correctly

Hello ross-g! Huge thank you for this tool, it works very well. But I got some problem with exporting high poly model. Is there some kind of a limit for it? Import works as usual with them, no error, but file just didn't appear after it finishes. (using Blender 3.2)

Last edited:
Hello ross-g! Huge thank you for this tool, it works very well. But I got some problem with exporting high poly model. Is there some kind of a limit for it? Import works as usual with them, no error, but file just didn't appear after it finishes. (using Blender 3.2)
How high poly are you talking?

There's no real limit other than your PC memory, as it will make a memory only copy of any meshes being exported in order to do some operations on them. I can't really help without more details, if you open the console from Blender before/after you export and get a bad result this might have some useful clues printed.

1656539167305.png

For reference - 1,000,000 triangle mesh takes about 30mins to export for me.
I was able to export it with some optimization.Probably something was wrong with model itself, It was just around 200 000 triangles. 32 GB memory should be enough. Will check console next time I encounter something like that. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I started working in 3d models a few days ago.
I’ve made a lot of progress, but in the last few days.
But now I’m stuck on this...
I don’t understand, I have my frame, my 3d model but when I want to import the model in the game it stays still.

I knew I might have to load the animations but when I do I get this error message.

I work on models for HOI4 Millenium dawn.

If anyone can point me in the wrong direction, I thank them.

0001.jpg
0002.jpg