• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone,

If you open the Console in Blender it will have more information about the error, please copy and paste it.
(Menu bar: Window > Toggle System Console)

That error means the animation you're loading isn't compatible with the skeleton ("armature") you have in the scene. Did you make the skeleton yourself or import one from some of the official HoI4 models? (I sort of already know that you made it yourself, because it doesn't look anything like the usual HoI unit skeletons).

Any animation in the game is made only for the original skeletons, so you will have to use them on your custom model, unless you want to re-animate everything just for your unit.

Good morning, thanks for response

here is the message from the console

Indeed the skeleton does not come from the paradox game but from an application that I use to automatically generate the skeletons

However when I use a skeleton belonging to a 3d model of HOI4, I can link it without problem but when loading an animation, only the skeleton moves, the character remains in its initial position

Maybe I’m doing a bad job of loading the armature from paradox

Attachments

• Sans titre 3.jpg
    Sans titre 3.jpg
    76,3 KB · Views: 0
Do any of you know of a cure for those weird white squares that appear on models, both the original game ones (though rare) & many mods have them. I have fathomed they are related to animations - like a smoking soldier, but would love to know how to expunge them, as some many unit mods are unusable because of them.

Hello,

I'm trying to alter the tree models in EU4. But ran into a problem with the exporting, where it seems the lods don't get assigned properly. In order to test it I'm simply importing a baseline tree model and exporting it again (leafs_03.mesh to be precise). I've also set the tree's diffuse and normal map to a single colour, so that you can clearly see the square lod3 (otherwise it alpha clips).

As you can see in the image it's loading all lods at the same time. Do you have any idea what I'm missing or what's wrong?

ps. love that you've made this tool.

1665307067243.png