• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice introduction, Rensslaer! I'm not sure how deterministic the Spanish Civil War event is in HoI3, but I imagine you may soon have an opportunity to intervene -- much to Portugal's benefit on the Iberian Peninsula.

So many AARs to read, so little time. I'll definitely have to keep my eyes on this one.

Oh, and nice avatar, Rens. I barely recognized you. :D

I am actually a little embarrassed that I haven’t seen your new AAR before today Renss, but now I have read through the story so far. A modest beginning, but then again I guess it is difficult to do anything else than start in the modest way considering your resources and IC there is little you can do this early…
Still this looks like it shall be a nice story to read, so I will be following it from now on :)

Well thought out start. This is one of the fun parts about playing minors...you really have to think out what your strategy is and focus in on it with every decision. One wrong step can completely wreck you. Much like RL.

I’ve modded my game to include Goa... Supposedly, it’s not included in the game because it throws British Indian AI into confusion. Somehow I doubt that. If Tibet somehow joined the Axis, I think the AI would figure out it’s a threat.

I agree, don't see Goa being much of a threat to India, unless you let the Japanese use it as beachhead... :D

Well that speaks volumes about whoever gives out that award o.o. This AAR seems very promising, but its kind of strange for them to say that two intro posts are superior to every other AAR made this week. Still, I'm sure this aar does/will deserve it :D.

To me an AAR starts as soon as the author puts some creative effort into it, not when he presses the space bar ;)

To me an AAR starts as soon as the author puts some creative effort into it, not when he presses the space bar ;)

Technically an "after action report" needs some "action" to report on :D, but I agree and I'll be watching this one with great interest, I love a good combination of well-written story along with detailed gameplay narration and plenty of screenshots.

Is it too much to hope for a Portugal controlled Iberia;)?

Last edited:
This AAR has great potential of awesonemness. will keep reading.

Also: Would't it be Novo Império? Unless they have some weird way of saying Novo Império in Portugal, that's how its supposed to be typed.

A title that reads "Império Novo" denotes that it is talking about a particular empire not one in general, one that will be or that has been. It is like saying "the new empire" as opposed to "a new empire".

So the title suggests he is calling the Portuguese government "Império Novo" instead of suggesting that Portugal will build a new empire. Though if it was your objective to suggest a new empire for Portugal, Rensslaer, then you probably should change the title to "Novo Império".

Either way I'll be following this with interest. :)

edit: Since I'm already being nitpicky about the language I'll just add in a few more comments. Feel free to ignore them.

It seems that the unit names for Portugal are a bit too on the spanish side.

"Division" is a spanish word, in portuguese is "Divisão"
"Caballeria" is also spanish, should be "Cavalaria" ..."Divisão de Cavalaria"
"Brigada Blindada" is fine "Divisão Blindada" or "Divisão de Blindados" would also be correct.
"1º Avião de Bombardeiro Tático" doesn't make sense and it is also wrong. Should be "'1º Esquadrão de Bombardeiros Táticos".
Last but not least every instance that says "do Portugal" is wrong, it would be "de Portugal"

There you go, is that enough nitpicking for you. ;-)

Last edited:
Renss! How are you? I'm in for this one. Can't wait. Also, that intro post was excellent. Good to see you character writing again.

Vann

I wonder how long after it became obvious there will be no AAR will people still be posting with enthusiasm? :scientific mode:

As long as people post in yours!:p

Just messing with ya.

I wonder how long after it became obvious there will be no AAR will people still be posting with enthusiasm? :scientific mode:

You're just not as familiar with my AARs than some of the others here. :D

My RL has been known to interfere with the AARs and sometimes it's weeks between updates. That's not going to be the case for this -- I should be able to keep it going pretty well -- I'm just working feverishly (literally -- I'm not feeling well these last couple of days) on the Strategy Guide Supplement, and until it's out I can't justify spending much time on the AAR.

I'll be done with this Supplement in a day or two, and will be able to return my attention here. :)

Rensslaer

As long as people post in yours!:p

Just messing with ya.
I'm getting the pics ready! Sheeesh, some people just can't spend a day, week, or month without their Russian Sailors injection, can they? :mad::p

You're just not as familiar with my AARs than some of the others here. :D
Perhaps not indeed, but Mauser there just shut me up :eek:o

I'm getting the pics ready! Sheeesh, some people just can't spend a day, week, or month without their Russian Sailors injection, can they? :mad::p

Hey, what can I say? I get anxious after awhile!

You should take it as a compliment when we get all worried and start begging for updates.:p

As for this AAR, you should know Rensslaer, that I am considering it for my "Approved" list. As with Comrade Freakies AAR, I like it very much ATM, but I can't hardly Approve it with only 2 updates!:D

Hey, what can I say? I get anxious after awhile!

You should take it as a compliment when we get all worried and start begging for updates.:p

As for this AAR, you should know Rensslaer, that I am considering it for my "Approved" list. As with Comrade Freakies AAR, I like it very much ATM, but I can't hardly Approve it with only 2 updates!:D
Three updates, actually...

One fictional spot, one setup for the AAR, and one explanation of early moves.

Did everybody miss the last one? :p I'm actually up to the middle of January already! :rolleyes:

Renss

Well, I don't really consider the Beginning of the AAR/First post of the Thread an update.

Maybe I will.

This AAR is hereby "Approved"!:cool:

I'm interested, what are the other three you follow?

Sensible, low-key moves in the first update. I'm following this with interest, hoping that it will educate as well as entertain me. :)

I'm very much looking forward to find out what choices you'll end up making, what you'll focus on and what you'll let fall by the wayside. There's so much to do and so little to do it with (relative to the majors).

Anyway, I'm basically repeating myself. :) Here's to more updates soon.

Rens. Great AAR and congrats on modding Pagim (Old Goa city) back into Portugal.
Next mod should include corrected names for the units :)