• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JFVarlet

Recruit
28 Badges
Aug 23, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So, it's been a long time since I played CK2+, but one of my favourite features of this mod was always the way under imperial government it would simply ask you whether to allow normal inheritance of a duchy or province or whether to take it for yourself, which I found easier to manage than the viceroyalty-based imperial system later built into the regular game, where it automatically reverts to you and you have to appoint a new viceroy yourself each time. So when I got the new Beta for 3.2.1, put my game back to that version, start a game as the Byzantines, etc, I was a bit surprised when my vassals just functioned like regular feudal duchies, with me having no power to revoke them, and duchy titles just passing to their heirs without asking me. Is this not part of the mod any more?

Of course, it could be that I'm just forgetting something about the game, having not played it for a while - maybe it only gets unlocked later, or there's a certain DLC I need to disable, but I'd appreciate some help - sorry if this seems a very noobish question! Thank you!

Have the same thing, with my byzantine vassals being feudal lords through and through.

Appreciate I'm bumping an old thread here, but I didn't get a response, and I'm still having the same problem - despite Imperial Government, vassals still operating as feudal lords.