• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The war will be hard fought, but with Africa, and eventually Spain, secure it looks like you have the advantage in the Old World. You can then redeploy to help the Finns and India. Though I'm not sure how you will force the British to sue for peace without a naval invasion of your own.
Pretty much. The game is not quite so serious and simulatory to make seizing the entire African coastline basically be a victory condition but...Well, as stated in chapter, even if they lose everything in Africa and the Middle East, they could still win the war, or at least carry it on for years.

The helpful German chap is also in charge of building a magnificent German navy to help us even the balance along the coasts...maybe even help out a few naval invasions should it come to it.

As it is, with Africa seemingly sewn up, its up to us to lock out the british at every turn. No new fronts. Any new front is advantage them, not us. And we all better pray the US can hold it together.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The only thing I'm surprised by is your lack of interest in Gibraltar. Personally, I would have taken there and Suez first to make the Mediterranean an Italian lake and remove the threat of naval invasion along your massive coastline. Saving India would also be nice, but it looks like that could be a struggle.

Reactions:
The helpful German chap
He was, wasn’t he? Not the standard choice of pantomime sycophant, deranged general or anthropomorphic animal character Mighty Cheesare is normally serviced by. Especially now our favourite retired donkey is no longer around to provide that (purely platonic and narrative) servicing. Good to see Churchill is up to the Big Game.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
The only thing I'm surprised by is your lack of interest in Gibraltar. Personally, I would have taken there and Suez first to make the Mediterranean an Italian lake and remove the threat of naval invasion along your massive coastline. Saving India would also be nice, but it looks like that could be a struggle.
I didn't have the armies to cover every front that was going to open should war with the commonwealth occur. The main focuses for me, should it happen, were locking down Egypt, so Africa and the Middle East would be separate theatres, and booting the British out of Arabia as quickly as possible once that was done.

The fall of India would be bad, but the French and British redirecting everything to go after me would be even worse. So securing the oil I want for my giant tank army and the British want for their fleet is quite important.

Removing the threat of naval invasion is pretty much impossible. The British have Malta and Cyprus, held Egypt at the start of the war and Gibralter. If they have a fleet in the Med, its there. Anywhere else, they have mega fleets.

What I want really is for the British to try and fail to land a load of troops in Gibralter. They can land all all want, but if and when I do have an army there, my troops are better. With Canada holding most of the commonwealth troops, the only thing the briitsh can do in Spain is drain their own reserves (which is vital, because we're probably going to have to island invade at some point).
He was, wasn’t he? Not the standard choice of pantomime sycophant, deranged general or anthropomorphic animal character Mighty Cheesare is normally serviced by
He's practice for experimental German project.
Especially now our favourite retired donkey is no longer around to provide that (purely platonic and narrative) servicing. Good to see Churchill is up to the Big Game.
Mr S. Donkey is around. Probably on some well deserved rest from the capital. Although pretty much everyone not involved in the big war efforts are involved in the (relatively minor) intelligence war of cleaning Europe of British spies. Little pests are everywhere, doing very little but taking up space.

• 1Like
Reactions:
World War III - The War Really Starts
World War III – The War Really Starts

Today, as it has been for several months now, tens of thousands of men have been killed across the planet in the on-going struggle between the Commonwealth and the Empire. In India, the fighting has reached the level of desperation found not so long ago in China. The locals are throwing everything into delaying the British and French advance. In the Middle East and Africa, the colonial authorities are doing the same in reverse, attempting to maintain control over populations that have caught the scent of freedom and found it exhilarating.

pmKDldlep

With Africa seemingly sewn up, the Middle East collapsing, and the easy campaigns in Europe decided, the real war is about to begin. Two juggernauts have both achieved first blood on the other, and now are ready to fight it out.
5th March 1943

“Confirm please.”

“Confirmed sir, the Royal Navy is pulling the British out through the Persian Gulf. They’ve left their forward units behind to cover their escape, and probably a well-equipped taskforce to make trouble…but I think Churchill is getting the hell out of the Middle East.”

pnTB2xDBp

“Mm. Pity,” Kaboom said, before stroking his beloved panzer as the engine purred in anticipation. “Means the Indians are going to get all the fun. Or Catastrophe is about to get some unexpected guests. Signal him. And let London know I need my corps here a little longer before I go save Granada. No bloody oil there for my pretties, eh?”

“Um…yes sir?”

“You have chosen wisely young one. Off you go.”

Another explosion sent shrapnel flying across the evening desert.

“Report,” roared Catastrophe as he rose from the silt trench.

pmlZgHKnp

“Sir! The Commonwealth Air forces have rallied in full and are all over us! They’ve completely taken over the skies above North Africa and Arabia!”

“They can’t do much to Kaboom but follow him ‘round. But they can murder us! Get me more birds in the air! Screw the bloody Danish front!”
6th March 1943

The last British port in North Western Africa was surrounded and about to fall. It would have fallen a few hours ago, but a wounded destroyer was in harbour, and was not willing to go down without an exceptional fight.

popIf1mOp

“We got artillery in place yet?”

“Yes sir. Sighting the bastard is going to be tricky though.”

“Do your best lieutenant. Being killed by a ship on the edge of a desert is just embarrassing.”

“What about the eleven divisions of Commonwealth forces in-between it and us?”

“Meh, I can take them.”

Meanwhile in southern Arabia, three British divisions were in a race with a Roman mountain group and some friends. Both were trying to get to Aden, and its port, before the other.

poh8W2z4p

“I say, rather thrilling this, what?”

“Shut yer face. We ‘aint racin’ in Tokyo ’42 anymore.”

“Easiest silver I ever got.”

“Jesus Christ. How the hell are we getting out of this one?”

“Pluck. And quite a lot of explosives.”

And now for the Indian Report…

poSvMmEkp
pmDrXuGKp

“Oh dear.”

“Yes, that was pretty much our entire summation, Mighty Cheesare.”

“What we reckon?”

“The French have blown up and through all resistance in the south. The British landing in the north west has been entirely successful. Our presence in Pakistan has perhaps dissuaded them from advancing northwards, but perhaps the plan was always to link up with the French front.”

“How long does the country have?”

“Weeks. It’ll take time for that many men to knock out the rest of the resistance. But practically speaking, I doubt we’ll get much more from India in this war. Best to count them as down and out, aside from the Resistance.”

“Have we finished establishing cells in occupied areas in the subcontinent and the US?”

“Yes sire.”

“Anything useful occurred yet?”

“Not really. The Americans are very stupid and the Indians very pessimistic. Our networks will grow with enough effort however.”

“How goes the war elsewhere?”

“Well…”
7th March 1943

“I say, jolly good manoeuvre.”

“Oh, ta love. Excellent counter last night in that river business.”

“Indeed, indeed. An old tactic but a brilliant one, if I do say so myself.”

“You know what they say, sometimes the old ways are the best ways.”

“Often, dear chap, often.”

“Of course, one cannot be too set in their ways, you know.”

“True, true. Tell you what, we’ll keep fighting for another, oh…. five minutes, and then go in for tea, eh? Cricket should have started back up by then.”

“Right-o.”

The two divisions, one British and one extremely Westernised Chinese, and both extremely polite, continued their merry dance around each other in and around Hong Kong, until again halting for the day, as they had for some time now.

“Thundering tits, now what?”

poilO3lOp

The ever so slightly too slow British contingent of what remained of the Commonwealth southern Arabian force were now surrounded, with their backs to the ocean and time running out.

“Suppose we swim for it?”

“To bloody India? What an improvement!”

“Hardly, but it doesn’t look like we have much choice.”

“This is what I get for getting landed in a unit with you!”

“Just the same to yourself. I suppose we’ll be bunkmates in prison for the rest of the war.”

“Bloody hell, just shoot me now.”

“Dandiest thing, but I seem to have run out of bullets. I have this blunt table spoon if you want?”

“I’m thinking about it.”

He was still thinking about it a few minutes later when Kaboom came over the hill.

“Survivors, sir!”

“Oh?” A tank shot breezed past the two soldiers and smashed into the ocean far below. “There but for the Grace of God, private. Alright then. Book them in.”

The heroic and handsome captain of the Swedish Submarine Armada, commander of the great fleet of all the nation’s vessels, sat on an upturned bucket in an increasingly damp submarine and tried to figure out where it had all gone wrong.

“I suppose,” he said aloud, for the hero must monologue, and in any case the rest of the crew were dead, “that it was not my fault the American convoy decided to fight back.”

The water continued to slowly rise in agonising drips and drops. His shoes and socks were already ruined. Very soon his impressive set of pressed trousers would be at threat.

“You know, it’s at times like this when I wonder how a few panicked civilians with no leader managed to wipe out the Swedish Navy. Is it possible, perhaps, that we just weren’t very good?”

A trickle of water fell from the ceiling and spoiled the perfect sheen of his bright and glossy captain’s hat.

“Bugger,” he said. And with those words thus spoken, the man died.

pmdxY0cUp

Several hours later.
8th March 1943

“What’s the tally so far, Bean-Counter?”

“On our side? Just over 200k dead or wounded. 21k are officially recorded by the Indians and Siamese but let’s be brutally honest and recognise that when the entire subcontinent, including the records office, is on fire, the numbers may need a bit of adjusting.”

“Your conservative estimate then?”

“Probably another 100k. Mostly civilians, sire.”

“And the Commonwealth?”

“Nearly 500k, sire. We bleed them. But they are many. And more are coming.”

“Ah yes…Mexico.”

“Indeed, Mighty Cheesare.”

pogpakuNp

“…shit.”
9th March 1943

“Hey Sam.”

“Hey Eddie.”

“You know the American-Mexican border, Sam?”

“Yeah Eddie, I do believe I do, given that’s what we been here guarding these past four years.”

“Yeah Sam, I know. It’s just that…”

“What’s up Eddie, spit it out man.”

“I just thought the border was a few miles further south than it seems to be this morning.”

“Not by my reckoning. What makes you say that?”

“Well, those here Mexicans need to be told to move back a good while then, boy. They’re all over the place.”

“Dee-sgraceful behaviour, Eddie. I have half a mind to go over there and give a talking to them. Only I don’t speak the lingo.”

“Oh, I’m sure shouting mighty loud would work just fine, Sam.”

“I reckon you be right, Eddie. Let’s go together. Hey! And telephone up headquarters. Let them know we got a bunch of drunk Mexican soldiers wandering all across our border lines.”

“Will do.”

“Hey…them fellas look pretty rowdy today, don’t they?”

“Come to mention it, they do seem pretty angry over something. You didn’t steal nothing from them, right?”

“Aside from the purity of their women, ha-ha!”

The two men slapped their thighs and laughed. Then they went back to looking at the rapidly approaching horde.

“You know, I do believe they mean to come talk with us.”

“Mighty brave of them. Don’t they know we hate Mexicans around these parts?”

“Yeah well, no one said those hombres were too smart in the thinking department. Eh, go ring up the marshal. I’ll see these boys off.”

“Alright then. Hey, holy hell that’s a big gun they got with th-”

po27liZQp

• 3Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I don't think I have anything specific to say, so I'll just say that I laughed out loud several times while reading this update.
I had actually forgotten about the Swedish super submarines and their intrepid commander until just now when I typed them up. Still not entirely sure how one convoy unit with no commander obliterated two submarine units with an actual commander, in Swedish waters, without much damage.

I checked, and this is actually the last few shots fired by Americans in the Old World for...well, quite a while to come.

And let London know I need my corps here a little longer before I go save Granada
London? Is Kaboom a double agent?
There but for the Grace of God, private. Alright then. Book them in.”
I'm not British, so what does book them in mean?

I also liked the little scenes of the different theaters of the war and of the dialogue between the troops on the ground. Adds some humanity behind the faceless, massive casualty numbers and the probably rampant propoganda about the Commonwealth reconquering a rightful part of the Empire (India) and Rome also reconquering a core part (Egypt).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't think I have anything specific to say, so I'll just say that I laughed out loud several times while reading this update.
I agree, yeah.

Reactions:
London? Is Kaboom a double agent?
This is a mix of an orphaned punchline and very subtle joke that got cut. The idea being that both of our intelligence services are so compromised by each other (because of how it works in game) that it really doesn't matter who we report to, so long as we report to one of them. We each know almost everything about the other.

I'm not British, so what does book them in mean?
Either 'book em' as in give them a penalty or foul notice for something they've been caught doing (in this case being British in a desert. Very naughty) or booking them into somewhere, as in to stay, which in this case would be at Mighty Cheesare's pleasure.
I also liked the little scenes of the different theaters of the war and of the dialogue between the troops on the ground. Adds some humanity behind the faceless, massive casualty numbers and the probably rampant propoganda about the Commonwealth reconquering a rightful part of the Empire (India) and Rome also reconquering a core part (Egypt).
There really isn't another way of doing Africa and the Middle East without skipping it. Very little of note happened once I snapped the spine of any possible british defence by severing Suez. Its just a long series of push, wait, push etx untill the British have all run away or fallen over.

Other fronts are in the hands of the AI utterly. In some cases this works well (Denmark defends itself properly, central and south Africa is being brutalised by my puppets etc) and other times it doesn't work at all (see the US making pointless lend lease drops to Finland and being killed on the way there/back by the RN) and sometimes it's very broken and funny (the Hong Kong shuffle, and the Amercian convoys again, only this time they managed to murder the swedes).
I agree, yeah.
The war is still mostly each side securing their chosen fronts. India and Amercia for the Commonwealth (without which they cannot win) and Africa and Arabia for me (so that, whilst the british do still have lots of fuel in reserve and the mobility advantage, they have less of each).

When India does go down, all those forces are going to do one of three things. Defend India (the smart thing to do) and crank out a few French armies, go to the US and bulldoze the west coast (connecting Mexico to Canada), or come after Pakistan and China (either case ends the same. Them getting overextended and being torn apart by me).

That isn't to say the other fronts aren't important. So long as Scandinavia stands for the British, their flank is secured and Germany and Russia are penned up. The more African coastline I control means the more fuel wasted by the british fleet, and less chance of them either building a panzer army or modernising their infantry to mobile warfare.

The war could take all sorts of turns depending on what choices the commonwealth makes. The most interesting/dangerous one would be...perhaps, giving India to the French and then sponsoring a D Day landings. Then France has India, and is invading onto their cored territory...

Eep.

Reactions:
It's been a fun opening, and nobody seems to be making clear gains (except the Romans of course), so I think a lot is actually up in the air. The vignettes were fun to read and I laughed at several of them, especially the Swedish submarines!

Well if it isn't this all over again.

It's been a fun opening, and nobody seems to be making clear gains (except the Romans of course), so I think a lot is actually up in the air. The vignettes were fun to read and I laughed at several of them, especially the Swedish submarines!
Our only major success has been Egypt and Suez. Otherwise, Africa doesn't have that many troops beyond colonial forces (massively outnumbered by our puppets). The Middle East is important to grab but wasn't defended very well (they tried initially, as evidenced by them invading and nearly annexing Arabia) given that the forces were needed in India.

I'm glad we closed so many fronts though. Had the British reinforced all of them rather than focusing on India and amercia, we would have had a much harder time of it. I suspect from now on things will be harder. Everyone can concentrate their forces now.

Going from a dozen theatres to four: Scandinavia, India, Iberia and North Amercia...not sure who benefits the most from that but our main concerns are Iberia and Scandinavia. If those two go down, we can blast the shit out of the British Isles and surrounding waters.

Well if it isn't this all over again.
Yeah...the Americans are paying for their sins.

Last edited:
But was that band one of the sins, or one of the punishments for our other sins?
A matter for Points of View. Which is one of our punishments.

World War III – For some reason, now is the point where we start working together. For God’s sake, what were you idiots doing before now? Why does it have to be this way – I mean, World War III – Friendship is Magic! (pricks)
World War III – For some reason, now is the point where we start working together. For God’s sake, what were you idiots doing before now? Why does it have to be this way – I mean, World War III – Friendship is Magic! (pricks)
9th May 1943

“Now then, men! You have all heard about the chaos erupting on the Mexican border. The desperate plight of the Indian people! The great battle for Africa!”

The men all nodded. They had indeed been paying attention.

“Well, I in my infinite wisdom have decided that the best use of the German army is to launch a breakthrough in the Scandinavian front!”

The men collectively held their breath.

“Which of course means, just as last time, invading Norway by se-”

poXsNTFZp

Where is that boat going? Where the FUCK is that boat going!?

Two burly men grabbed the lunatic, belted him in the guts, and took him out back to machine gun him to death. Our erstwhile and suspiciously competent German Commander took to the stage in his absence.

“Yes…well I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are deeply saddened by the loss of your former army head. Terrible way for a man to go. I blame myself really. Anyway, as you were, performing a competent and sensible invasion of Denmark. Spit-spot!”

“Oleg?”

“Ja?”

“You see the Russians?”

“Ja.”

“Why is the sole Russian tank division all the way up here? Where’s their bloody infantry?”

Oleg thought for a moment, and then pointed at the snow-covered hill, which was actually one of several dozen burial mounds from the last time the Russians visited Finland.

“Hmm. You think they’re still mad about that?”

“Ja!”

“Why are you speaking Norwe-oh shit.”

pnl4WycXp

And then Oleg smashed the fool’s face in and stole his clothes. The fight to break out of the pocket was on.
10th March 1943

Montgomery was in his field office, awaiting the legendary battle against the Romans that would, once won, herald the end of the war.

“Still no sign of them?”

“I’m afraid not, sir.”

“Where the hell are they? We’ve been invading Granada for weeks now, no wonder we’re struggling to win the war if the enemy won’t show up to be beaten by us!”

poikUqvdp

Um...hello?

“Well sir, we could always-”

“No, Derick, not your lightning-fast invasion talk again. We’ve been through this. British Officers. Do. Not. Run.”

“Yessir.”

“If you say such nonsense again, I shall have you reassigned to Jersey.”

“Yessir. But…”

“Yes?”

“Could we not at least dig into our positions, if we aren’t going to move? We could make a nice trench system here while the Italians slowly come towards us.”

“Dash it all, Derick! I’m sending you to Slough. Feel free to bother the labourers there with your theories.”

“Oh, well actually I have some thoughts on how we could increase efficiency in-”

“Get out!”
11th March 1943

“I never thought I’d live to see this day, Alan.”

“I know sir. The Roman Empire reborn is one thing. But to see an Italian pilot become proficient enough to become a flying ace? Truly magical.”

por43fKLp

“Not entirely sure why ‘Dusty’ was performing missions over Northern Sweden, but who am I to question the Flying Ace?”

“Indeed, Mighty Cheesare.”

“Well, I suppose I could question him. After all, I am the Emperor. But I shouldn’t, for that would be an absurd use of both mine and his time.”

“…as you say, Mighty Cheesare.”

“You know, the more I think about it, the more I do want to actually say something about it. But I probably shouldn’t.”

“Yes, Mighty Cheesare.”

“Shouldn’t I?”

“Given that we are in Rome, and he is in Thailand, it may take some time sire. And I have this strange feeling that you may change your mind again several times before then.”

“Ah. Very well then. Just send a medal and a gift bag. A good one. No fruit. Scented candles.”

“Of course, Mighty Cheesare.”
14th March 1943

“Good lord, I do believe that is the East Africa Flotilla!”

“Goodness me, never thought I’d see them, sir!”

A German military attaché frowned and asked in confusion, “I don’t understand the significance?”

pmV9eu7op

“The flotilla was sent out before the Emperor was struck by the true spirit of Cheese and metamorphosised into Augustus Cheeseolini. Thus, this is one of the last crazy acts of the before-times. We sent twelve destroyers into Abyssinia for pretty much no reason, and they’ve been parked here ever since we realised that we were shit at water and should never go there ever again.”

“I…see? Then I agree, it is remarkable that we have the opportunity to see them at rest.”

“Indeed. I may stop the procession to go have a look around. There aren’t many British left on this front after all.”

“Around half an army, sir. But I agree, we seem to have them well in hand. Close up this next pocket and we can stop off in Asmara.”
19th March 1943

Doobie woke to find himself alone in the snow. And then five minutes later, some Russians showed up to laugh at him.

pn72rZQop

Apparently, it was exactly now that they had decided to show up and help out. And they’d brought the Reich, the Empire, and for some reason, one division of Japanese infantry. No one looked particularly comfortable in that group.

And the Norwegians had managed to burst the pocket anyway. Oh well…
20th March 1943

“My takeover of the German War Machine is now complete, sir.”

“Excellent work, Commander. What does that mean for us?”

“Well, it means that the German army will suddenly be appearing to help pretty much everywhere. We’ve sent units to Arabia, Finland, India and Gibraltar. Anywhere you need us, we’ll be there.”

pmK5B38op

“Gosh, you’re competent. Thank you very much.”

“Anytime, sir. Let us know if you need any help in Africa.”

“Do we?”

poYBOT2Bp

“Eh, not so much. There are still quite a few Commonwealth men about, but they’re widely dispersed and cut off from one another. It’s more like mopping up now than actual warfare.”

“Very good then. Off you go.”

“Just one more thing sir. The British invasion of India has linked up with the French. And they seem to have reinforced their eastern holdings as well despite the Chinese and a Roman Legion showing up in force.”

pnMr0qdFp

“Bugger. Any good news?”

“Siam hasn’t fallen to the enemy. And, in fact, is pushing back against the Singapore front.”

“How much?”

pmnPW3grp

THIS MUCH

“They’ve nearly taken the peninsula all by themselves.”

“Good lord. Someone dropped the ball there, didn’t they?”

“Yes. We’re still not entirely sure what happened, but the British seem as shocked as we are. No help seems incoming.”

“Does that mean much?”

“Not really, given how many ports the British control in the area, but even threatening their biggest is a pretty good move. Might mean troops from Australia head there instead of across the Pacific to America. And if it falls against Siam with no Great Power assistance at all, it’s a mighty black eye for the former British Empire.”

“Hmm. Keep an eye out then. Prepare gloating messages should the best come to happen.”

“Yes sir.”

poue3qeSp

Meanwhile in and around Hong Kong, the Chinese and British forces are having such a good time that the former have invited their friend’s round for a barney. Very little fighting continues, and really, it seems a rather pleasant experience is being had by all.

poN5bOqWp

In other news, Mighty Mozambique and the Great Angolan Empire complete their humiliation of the Commonwealth, and South Africa in particular, by successfully cutting British Central Africa in two. Now they descend like vultures onto the ailing former Dominion. The Cape itself, once thought long beyond the reach of the Empire, seems likely to fall.
21st March 1943

The Reorganised Liberian Free State continued its never-ending reorganisation by reorganising ever-increasing amounts of West Africa into itself. With few if any troops visible or known to be present within the British and French colonial holdings, it is only a matter of time and distance before the whole region falls to Imperial forces. The collective Roman alliances, puppet states and friendship groups now all seem up to speed, mobilised and ready to fight alongside the Empire for control of the Earth.

pmrivTZZp

Whilst there is a lot of good news mixed in with the bad in the Old World, pretty much no one cares, because the news in the America’s is dire as all hell. And then some.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Two burly men grabbed the lunatic, belted him in the guts, and took him out back to machine gun him to death. Our erstwhile and suspiciously competent German Commander took to the stage in his absence.

Glad (?) to know some of the old ways are still in use.

“Given that we are in Rome, and he is in Thailand, it may take some time sire. And I have this strange feeling that you may change your mind again several times before then.”

Truly an impressive feat, downing a plane over Sweden while stationed in Thailand. For that, I think Mighty Cheesare should damn well make some time!

Meanwhile in and around Hong Kong, the Chinese and British forces are having such a good time that the former have invited their friend’s round for a barney. Very little fighting continues, and really, it seems a rather pleasant experience is being had by all.

The best front - where a good soldier goes to break bread and discuss the weighty issues of the time with the enemy. Such as who makes a better cup of tea.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Cheesy, I will follow your aar with gret interest friend
A fortuitous moment to join in, I think. Welcome!
Glad (?) to know some of the old ways are still in use.
The Fun Gestapo need to eat as well.

And he really probably deserved it. I had no idea what the German AI was thinking the first time. But to do the same thing again with even less chance of success?
Truly an impressive feat, downing a plane over Sweden while stationed in Thailand. For that, I think Mighty Cheesare should damn well make some time!
As we know, the Roman air force was briefly serving over the skies of Denmark before being called back to Africa and India when the Allies decided to actually bring their airforce to bear. So this flying ace actually got lost, shot down quite a few planes whilst doing so, got back safely and then flew to Thailand without issue.

So, just maybe, the game might be right about this ace for once...even if it is because the game itself is once again wrong.
The best front - where a good soldier goes to break bread and discuss the weighty issues of the time with the enemy. Such as who makes a better cup of tea.
Really makes the whole Chinese Wars thing seem worthwhile, doesn't it? To be fair, a much better scenario than had we left it as it was two years ago...

These mat be the most sensible people in the entire AAR, in the final analysis. They're being paid, they're technically involved in the world war, and yet are having a pretty good time doing very little at their government's expense.
Glad you've given us the good news in this update first, before the inevitable bad news.
I finished the last chapter before this one and thought the US problems were pretty well set up and ready to be gotten into. Then I looked at the acrual images taken and I suppose I decided to male sure the rest of the world was alright before I spent a month just watching the US...Well...crash and burn.

• 1Like
Reactions: