• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my experience, updating images does take some time to properly propagate across all the pages. This isn't helped by the fact that, as I understand it, browsers tend to store pages (or parts of pages) that you've recently visited in their cache, which speeds up visiting pages but means that they sometimes don't reload properly, even if you refresh. Doing a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5 on Windows, not entirely sure on Mac) usually reloads the pictures properly, at least if you've given it enough time (personally an hour usually seems like enough, but it could take up to a day to update). For me, the images on the government page were messed up at first but reloaded properly when I did Ctrl+F5.
Ouch, I indeed didn't consider emptying the web cache. I feel a bit stupid now. :p
Well, I guess everything's fine then. Thanks for everything.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I see that you've checked those pages, @SolSys. Are the pictures displayed correctly for you on the [BGCOLOR=rgb(40, 68, 84)]Government page[/BGCOLOR]?
It is a cache issue which, as @DC123456789 mentioned, is also affected by the browser's caching settings.

You can force update it with CTRL+F5 (win) or by adding "?action=purge" to the end of the URL in question.

A fix to shorten update time is currently being tested on one of the wikis and will be deployed to the rest afterwards.

Reactions:
Yay someone added missions to Egypt, now just to get the rest of the Diadochi missions done. From adding some of the Punic missions I know how much of a drag they are to do

• 2Like
Reactions:
Pre-emptively posting this here to save my hide from accusation down the line.

Backstory: Jumped into IR right before 2.0. Been an avid helper on reddit since then (on EU4 prior to that), and wrote a mini-guide on Assimilation/Conversion as there were too many players asking the same question over and over again. Couldn't stand how barebone Wiki is, so I did my share of edits in March in my spare time.

So today, someone wanted to chat with me on reddit (doesn't help that I use the same username for both wiki edit and reddit) about how a wiki user has stolen his work on great wonders effects from his and used it on the wiki.

After talking it through, it seems he's saying the entire table about the list of GW effects was 'maliciously' stolen, because it uses "(likely a bug)" under Garrison GW effect and also has a column of Needed Invention that are both present in his table. Interestingly, both edits were done by me, on separate dates, back in March.

Now, anyone who has ever done edits on wiki knows you can't simply copy and paste from a spreadsheet into the wiki page (but you can do it the other way around).

Everything you want to be shown in the wiki table has to be keyed in line by line, so that's why it took me 3 different days to complete the unfinished Great Wonder effects table with icons to go with it.

Again, just posting it here first in case the guy tries to accuse anyone of anything and to pre-emptively warn the wiki people what may be coming.

(Considered posting on reddit first, but decided not to as this thread has less traffic so it won't blow out of proportion.)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Pre-emptively posting this here to save my hide from accusation down the line.

So today, someone wanted to chat with me on reddit (doesn't help that I use the same username for both wiki edit and reddit) about how a wiki user has stolen his work on great wonders effects from his and used it on the wiki.

After talking it through, it seems he's saying the entire table about the list of GW effects was 'maliciously' stolen, because it uses "(likely a bug)" under Garrison GW effect and also has a column of Needed Invention that are both present in his table. Interestingly, both edits were done by me, on separate dates, back in March.
Two things:
1. After reviewing the page it seems to be mostly a listing of the GW effects. Now, if you'll look at other pages, you'll notice pages in a similar style -- many, many tables -- simply because it is the most convenient way to convey this type of info to the user. As they are taken directly from the script I can't say one way or another.
2. The "bug" note -- If there is a bug it is better to fill a report. The wiki can mention a reference at the bottom at most (rather than in mid-page).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello
A lot of events in the wiki have no text.
I'd like to complete this data in the wiki and I've found the files on my computer where the events are stored.
But it looks like programming stuff.
How do I do to format it like it was already done in the wiki for other events?
Thanks in advance for your help.
jeanne

Hello
A lot of events in the wiki have no text.
I'd like to complete this data in the wiki and I've found the files on my computer where the events are stored.
But it looks like programming stuff.
How do I do to format it like it was already done in the wiki for other events?
Thanks in advance for your help.
jeanne

Unfortunately, the best way to do that is to learn enough of the scripting language that you understand what the code is saying.

I think one exists for other Paradox games, but I don't know if it's been adapted for Imperator (I suspect not) and the output still requires quite a bit of refining before it's easily readable, especially if you have any code that's even remotely complex.

Hello
I can understand what the event says at looking at the program log, but is there no simple software matrix to automatically translate it in text for the wiki?
If you want just to add the flavor text without conditions and option outcomes it can be done pretty easily -- you can modify the existing utility program or even opt to do it in excel (had time at work so did one for some unity game).

Throughout the Wiki, icon|tyranny links to Characters#Tyranny, when it should link to State#Tyranny. I would fix it myself, but I'm not sure how, since this doesn't seem to be in the code of any article.

Reactions:
Hello, I am currently working on new pages for the wiki and for the Imperator Invictus subwiki. I would like to know how I can apply to have my wiki privileges or rights increased. For example, I have a few ideas about how to make the rating system better and more appealing to use but that template is locked. I also have a few world maps I would like to publish for the Invictus mod, but these are over my file size limit of 2 MB.

I look forward to working on the Imperator Rome wiki further. Thank you!

• 2Like
Reactions:
On another completely different subject but if anyone can help me out with this problem that I have been experiencing months ago: images are not loading in the wiki mobile version using safari and iOS 15.

I have tried another mobile browser (Brave) with the same results. I suspect the problem is from iOS but I do not know what to change. Does anyone found a solution?

Thank you

AB92EB46-E138-49EA-A2AD-A7E7D44A15CB.png

On another completely different subject but if anyone can help me out with this problem that I have been experiencing months ago: images are not loading in the wiki mobile version using safari and iOS 15.

I have tried another mobile browser (Brave) with the same results. I suspect the problem is from iOS but I do not know what to change. Does anyone found a solution?

Thank you

View attachment 821313
It is a known issue and on the backlog.
Current workaround is to use desktop view while on mobile (either forced through the browser or changing view at bottom of wiki page).

Reactions:
Hello, I am currently working on new pages for the wiki and for the Imperator Invictus subwiki. I would like to know how I can apply to have my wiki privileges or rights increased. For example, I have a few ideas about how to make the rating system better and more appealing to use but that template is locked. I also have a few world maps I would like to publish for the Invictus mod, but these are over my file size limit of 2 MB.

I look forward to working on the Imperator Rome wiki further. Thank you!
Could you add a link to said rating template? -- there shouldn't be locked templates on the wikis (unless they are for on the landing page).

The size limit is a global limiter so it is not a rights issue.

Reactions:
Could you add a link to said rating template? -- there shouldn't be locked templates on the wikis (unless they are for on the landing page).

The size limit is a global limiter so it is not a rights issue.
Hello SolSys,

Sure thing, this is the template: Template:Assessment. In my sandbox, User:KitKat.Invasion/Sandbox, is what I would like to do with the template. (I can't add links to my reply apparently)

And okay, that is unfortunate the images for the base game are sometimes larger, like 3.3 MB so I thought I was a permissions issue. I appreciate the explanation though.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Thank you

View attachment 821313
I don't think it loads them on any smartphone, regardless its system. Android is the same. and it's not just this wiki. Any other wiki is the same.

Reactions: