• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello SolSys,

Sure thing, this is the template: Template:Assessment. In my sandbox, User:KitKat.Invasion/Sandbox, is what I would like to do with the template. (I can't add links to my reply apparently)

And okay, that is unfortunate the images for the base game are sometimes larger, like 3.3 MB so I thought I was a permissions issue. I appreciate the explanation though.
Ah, you meant that "rating" system -- it is actually an assessment tool used by the moderation team which is the reason why it is locked.
It is placed on the article's talk pages so it doesn't interfere with articles' layout/looks.

Ah, you meant that "rating" system -- it is actually an assessment tool used by the moderation team which is the reason why it is locked.
It is placed on the article's talk pages so it doesn't interfere with articles' layout/looks.
Yes that is the one. So if I understand, {{Assessment}} is never used on pages because of how it looks? In that case, could we add an indicator on the article pages to show their rating? Such as if an article's talk page has a Featured rating attached to it, an icon in the heading appears on the actual article.

Otherwise, may I create a separate template that accomplishes that indicator task, say {{Grade}}?

I feel it is rewarding to see how articles compare to one another, and it helps target ones that may need help. A grading system even lets users know which nations or mission pages are most filled-out.

Otherwise, may I create a separate template that accomplishes that indicator task, say {{Grade}}?

I feel it is rewarding to see how articles compare to one another, and it helps target ones that may need help. A grading system even lets users know which nations or mission pages are most filled-out.
I would rather leave that template for moderation use (even if IR is classed as legacy by the moderation team).

If you can prepare a template with clear guidelines for the user on how to improve an article's grade we can review it and decide from there.

It is a known issue and on the backlog.
Current workaround is to use desktop view while on mobile (either forced through the browser or changing view at bottom of wiki page).
I am sorry if this is a bad use of necroing a thread but I wanted to thank you for solving this issue.

We are ready to complain when something is not working and this helps people that know how to solve it to notice, but rarely we thank back when it is resolved.

Icons are again showing up:

1672245724760.png

Thank you!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I am sorry if this is a bad use of necroing a thread
Hmm, it is an interesting and nearly philospophical question to me whether you can necro a stickied thread. On a technical level sure and maybe you get even the warning, if the last post has been more than 6 months ago...but OTOH: Why are threads stickied? In my perception, to focus communicating about a certain topic in one thread and done to avoid it getting burried and people opening the duplicate thread - and if the necro rule is applied, then its conflicting IMO. Of course, I haven't made the forum rules, so I might be wrong...

Anyway, back to topic: I agree it is nice to have the icons working again and the Imperator wiki receiving still "official" maintenance, even if the game is not. To me this is important, as I frequently visit the wiki when playing IR, be it for refreshing my memories on features or keeping the overview how Invictus continues to add content.

Reactions:
I think that depends what page one opens on the Wiki as not all of them show used icons (even within Imperator Rome alone) - I personally have no idea why they are used at all, they seem useless there. And each time they are missing - and they still are, I simply switch to desktop webpage version - not very convenient but it helps.