• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wanted to know if building say 'the oracle of Jerusalem' in I:R will provide any bonuses on conversion to CK3 which sounds like something I should be able to check on the wiki, but the wiki has 4 FAQs and then just technical requirements and troubleshooting. If I go to the specific versions listed in the wiki for build specific details it brings me back here where the OP says to go to the wiki...

Does there exist a public repository of information on what gets converted to what in a format that a layman/player would understand and if so can someone please direct me to it? I want to make use of this mod but I would like to know now something like Wonders are just not covered in the transition so I don't spend tons of time on them and then find out that time was wasted.

Reactions:
I wanted to know if building say 'the oracle of Jerusalem' in I:R will provide any bonuses on conversion to CK3 which sounds like something I should be able to check on the wiki, but the wiki has 4 FAQs and then just technical requirements and troubleshooting. If I go to the specific versions listed in the wiki for build specific details it brings me back here where the OP says to go to the wiki...

Does there exist a public repository of information on what gets converted to what in a format that a layman/player would understand and if so can someone please direct me to it? I want to make use of this mod but I would like to know now something like Wonders are just not covered in the transition so I don't spend tons of time on them and then find out that time was wasted.
I personally look at the Github and look at the issues and arguments.
Ignoring the code, what the people discuss there (Especially Ihatetrains) can give us some idea what to expect in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions:

In our converters there is always a configurables folder. It holds lots of txt files which define how a conversion is done and often what effects something has. Users are encouraged to experiment and fit conversions to their need.

As for wheather a specific feature is converted at all, if you see a reference to it in the folder then it probably is taken into account.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wow the new update to the converter made it so much better. However I still have some problems:

Most of the world is still tribal. I think in the 850 years since imperator there would be more feudalism spread besides the non-tribals in imperator.
Development is based off base game dev. Feels really bad to see your maxed out 100 development godly province in imperator turn into a really bad 3 development county in CK3.
You start off with your entire realm as individual holdings, I think you said before you were thinking about adding governors as vassals, I think this is a very good idea.
All cultures start off with 0 innovations, this is horrible as the few cultures from the base game have a huge advantage.
Vassals from imperator do not matter at all. Personally I don’t have a really good solution but I’d rather them being a CK3 vassal over them being independent.
There aren’t castles, but rather cities but monarchies still have them as holdings.
Every county has all baronies with holdings: I think this is a huge issue and is especially terrible when combining this with the fact that the entire world is tribal, there’s just millions of tribal baronies.
Minor issues: Christianity and Islam have been mostly wiped out from the world, but not completely. (off the top of my head Insular Christianity in Ireland and muslim base game rulers in Africa)
Random tribal flags for almost everything
Every place is a kingdom title. Personally I’d suggest giving the starting characters a dejure kingdom/duchy/county as a primary title and get rid of the nominal titles or make their name in imperator the name of their dejure primary title (like how carthage currently works with africa)

• 1Like
Reactions:
In our converters there is always a configurables folder. It holds lots of txt files which define how a conversion is done and often what effects something has. Users are encouraged to experiment and fit conversions to their need.

As for wheather a specific feature is converted at all, if you see a reference to it in the folder then it probably is taken into account.
When I tried to access the file through the main download link for v1.2.2 it took me to a page that just had the text 'not found' so I can't seem to even get access to the converter to check said files.

Has anyone else had any problems with that link or is it just me?

When I tried to access the file through the main download link for v1.2.2 it took me to a page that just had the text 'not found' so I can't seem to even get access to the converter to check said files.

Has anyone else had any problems with that link or is it just me?
Link is off. Replace 1.2.3 with 1.2.2 inside it.

Vassals from imperator do not matter at all. Personally I don’t have a really good solution but I’d rather them being a CK3 vassal over them being independent.
Since CK3 has individual feudal contracts, maybe it could give subjects from Imperator a more lenient contract, while governors would get a more strict one.

• 5Like
Reactions:
For those interested, I did a talk about the converters (CONVERTERS AND MEGACAMPAIGN) for PdxCon. It will air at 6:40pm Pacific/9:40pm eastern/1:40am UTC on the paradox twitch:

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hello,

I'm looking at ways to work around an issue with the converter when it converts khemetism, it does not convert khemetism correctly in all instances, but some becomes kushitism.
Is there a way to make it convert all instances of khemetic to khemetism for CK3?

I gave the files in the development thread, this is more about how I can work around it now.

Hey everyone, I was just on a thread on Reddit discussing this converter and why people still don’t include imperator in megacampaigns. Someone there really didn’t like the religion aspect, and while doscussing it with him I had an idea of my own. In one of the converters, it will convert a single big culture into many different subcultures of the same family based on regions and the like. My thought is that this could be somewhat done with religions? Split apart major religion blocks into multiple different cults and variations within that same religion block wherever it’s located. Like how there are many forms of Christianity in Ck3. Here’s my original thought:

- but in mega campaigns it would suck if right off the bat there’s basically just Hellenistic for example and everything else got crushed with nothing new or schisms or whatnot. So here’s hoping for something to happen

. It would be cool if they introduced Christian and islamic-like variations of those cultures. Like riffing off the idea that even without Christianity, monotheism was starting to explode over the old Roman Empire, with even Hellenists starting to morph the religion into just the sun god, and the rest being minor, and then just the sun god, helping with the transition to Christianity by telling common citizens “hey, you know that sun god? That’s god, that’s Jesus” type thing

Maybe break up the big fat religions of Imperator towards the end to various smaller monotheistic or morphed versions of the different antiquity religions across their spectrum in the ck3 map? That would be awesome!

Edit: This might also help check some of the biggest powers on start, with a certain number of cults across a religious spectrum in a previous mono-religious nation on game start causing some breakage or checks on the initial empires. Idk haha

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey everyone, I was just on a thread on Reddit discussing this converter and why people still don’t include imperator in megacampaigns. Someone there really didn’t like the religion aspect, and while doscussing it with him I had an idea of my own. In one of the converters, it will convert a single big culture into many different subcultures of the same family based on regions and the like. My thought is that this could be somewhat done with religions? Split apart major religion blocks into multiple different cults and variations within that same religion block wherever it’s located. Like how there are many forms of Christianity in Ck3. Here’s my original thought:

- but in mega campaigns it would suck if right off the bat there’s basically just Hellenistic for example and everything else got crushed with nothing new or schisms or whatnot. So here’s hoping for something to happen

. It would be cool if they introduced Christian and islamic-like variations of those cultures. Like riffing off the idea that even without Christianity, monotheism was starting to explode over the old Roman Empire, with even Hellenists starting to morph the religion into just the sun god, and the rest being minor, and then just the sun god, helping with the transition to Christianity by telling common citizens “hey, you know that sun god? That’s god, that’s Jesus” type thing

Maybe break up the big fat religions of Imperator towards the end to various smaller monotheistic or morphed versions of the different antiquity religions across their spectrum in the ck3 map? That would be awesome!

Edit: This might also help check some of the biggest powers on start, with a certain number of cults across a religious spectrum in a previous mono-religious nation on game start causing some breakage or checks on the initial empires. Idk haha
Doesn't the converter do this already? Druidism is split up into gallic, brythonic, and gaelic, some Hellenic gets split into Eleusinian etc. I was impressed with the nuance.

If someone just wants monotheism couldn't they just play a Jewish megacampaign?
1623366773516.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Doesn't the converter do this already? Druidism is split up into gallic, brythonic, and gaelic, some Hellenic gets split into Eleusinian etc. I was impressed with the nuance.

If someone just wants monotheism couldn't they just play a Jewish megacampaign?View attachment 730544
I like the nuance, but it does annoy me that it's impossible for a converted Imperator game to have Christianity, especially when afaik it can still have Manichaeism.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,

First, thanks for your work !

It seems there were no errors in the conversion of my I:R save but it doesn't appear anywhere in CK3 launcher installed mods, whereas the MOD file, with the folder, are in the mod folder of CK3. Any ideas ?

Attachments

• log.txt
    52,7 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

First, thanks for your work !

It seems there were no errors in the conversion of my I:R save but it doesn't appear anywhere in CK3 launcher installed mods, whereas the MOD file, with the folder, are in the mod folder of CK3. Any ideas ?
You should go to your playset and add a mod to it:

1623775945524.png

• 1Like
Reactions: