• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, I recently converted my last save and a pockets of christiany and islam have appeared throughout the map. Is this normal or something on my end? I don't think they should have impacted anything, especially since it didn't stop the conversion, but here's the mods I was running with in Imperator.
(Old World Armoury)
(Free Console Access)
(Catus Cheats Imperator Rome)
(No Disloyal Generals)
(Free Client States)

One last thing, would there be any issues converting to Vic2 once I get to that point?

Attachments

• CK3 map 2021.rome
    153,5 MB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    89,5 KB · Views: 0
Hello, I recently converted my last save and a pockets of christiany and islam have appeared throughout the map. Is this normal or something on my end? I don't think they should have impacted anything, especially since it didn't stop the conversion, but here's the mods I was running with in Imperator.
(Old World Armoury)
(Free Console Access)
(Catus Cheats Imperator Rome)
(No Disloyal Generals)
(Free Client States)

One last thing, would there be any issues converting to Vic2 once I get to that point?
Downgrade to CK3 1.2. CK3 1.3 significantly changed the provinces setup. On Vic2, I don't know, you'd need to ask on the other converters' threads.

Downgrade to CK3 1.2. CK3 1.3 significantly changed the provinces setup. On Vic2, I don't know, you'd need to ask on the other converters' threads.
That seemed to do it. Now my issue is some of the country names like Carthage being Africa and no nations having development. Where do I go in the output folder to change these?

You dont need to change the configurables, you can just modify the localization for these titles in the output mod. But you can also empty the title_map.txt configurable, where country to CK3 title mappings are defined, and convert again. For a future version I will probably make the converter use the Imperator name for updated titles.
empty the title_map.txt works very well for me :) Thank you for this hint. I will wait for an update for the new ck3 version, but it works. Now i play 3k total war new dlc and then i play ck3 as second game for my mega campaign. Thanks for your hard work, mega campaigns are so amazing. To have the whole history of your own country.

Edit: I get a lot of "Capital barony province not found " errors. What could be the problem? I use the newest version from 2 days ago. Or does it not work with the actually ck3 version and update was for the old version?

1616272660987.png

The most of Europa is something like Shattered World now and brings in religions like catholic. The rest of the world, outside of europe is okay with converter.

1616272437834.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Every chance that i'm missing something here, but I have two issues. first is all provinces have no development- I would guess this is not supposed to happen? And also only the top title owner starts with titles. I know the AI will slowly push these out, but is that avoidable? I see errors in my log regarding families but most of all empty provinces. using 1.2.2 CK3 as I read earlier on it might convert better. 2.0 Imperator as that's what my save was from, If that creates the issue that sucks but oh well. Have to play on Marius cos goddamn is it sexy.

PS. thanks so much for your work, even if I can't get the development and titles fixed, converting this to CK3 is a dream.

Attachments

• log.txt
    66,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
That seemed to do it. Now my issue is some of the country names like Carthage being Africa and no nations having development. Where do I go in the output folder to change these?
You change localization in the mod's localization folder. To add development, go to the mod's history/titles folder.
empty the title_map.txt works very well for me :) Thank you for this hint. I will wait for an update for the new ck3 version, but it works. Now i play 3k total war new dlc and then i play ck3 as second game for my mega campaign. Thanks for your hard work, mega campaigns are so amazing. To have the whole history of your own country.

Edit: I get a lot of "Capital barony province not found " errors. What could be the problem? I use the newest version from 2 days ago. Or does it not work with the actually ck3 version and update was for the old version?

View attachment 695517
The most of Europa is something like Shattered World now and brings in religions like catholic. The rest of the world, outside of europe is okay with converter.

View attachment 695516
Currently there is no version with correct mappings for I:R 2.0 and CK3 1.3. Version 1.0 is somewhat better, though.
Can you update the converter to Imperator 2.0? Can't do a mega campaign cuz of this
Some day.

Every chance that i'm missing something here, but I have two issues. first is all provinces have no development- I would guess this is not supposed to happen? And also only the top title owner starts with titles. I know the AI will slowly push these out, but is that avoidable? I see errors in my log regarding families but most of all empty provinces. using 1.2.2 CK3 as I read earlier on it might convert better. 2.0 Imperator as that's what my save was from, If that creates the issue that sucks but oh well. Have to play on Marius cos goddamn is it sexy.

PS. thanks so much for your work, even if I can't get the development and titles fixed, converting this to CK3 is a dream.
Both things are WAD, will be changed in the future. You can manually edit the output mod, though. There is currently no release with fully updated mappings for I:R 2.0, so you need to wait a while.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi all.

So I've just finished an IR game and ported it over to CK3.

While I understand that there's still a long way to go before all mappings are finished, I'd like to bring to the forefront two peeves of mine related to my current megacampaign.

I attached the Imperator save and the converted CK3 mod.

==

1) Religion holy site mapping.

If you look in the Imperator save you'll see that I very deliberately built holy sites for my religion in the capital province (aka CK3 duchy). It would be nice if this was reflected in the CK3 state.

2) Primary title succession law.

There might be something else going on here, but the primary title has Confederate Partition when the Imperator save has Familial Marriage (aka Primogeniture with the Unrestricted Marriage religion doctrine).

On the one hand, my playthrough started with the Getae eventually forming Dacia. The Getae (k_IMPTOCK3_GTE) title still seems to be around in CK3 and seems to have a more correct but incomplete setup (only equal gender law, but no single heir succession - an incomplete mapping of Familial Marriage which is not only equal gender but also primogeniture).

On the other hand, the actual title associated with the converted realm of Dacia (k_dacia) doesn't have a specific succession specified and thus defaults to Male Preference Confederate Partition.

Does that mean that converting a formed nation borks the primary title and its laws?

==

Thank you.

Attachments

• Dacia.rome
    17,3 MB · Views: 0
  • mod.zip
    9,5 MB · Views: 0
Probably cant, but can i convert a vanilla imperator to a dark age mod CK3?

Answered my own question it takes manual editing

Anyway thank you for this work GREAT POLANIA SHALL RULE THE HELM OF MANKIND

Last edited:
Just a couple of ideas on implementing different features:
- CK3 "Development": It might be possible to set the development level of cities based on how many buildings they had built in I:R. Then for settlements, set their developments based on the development of the nearest city (maybe a 2 or 3 point drop per distance, ie an immediate neighbour would be 3 development less, one distant would be 5, etc.). Seems like (if you started with the cities) this wouldn't be too hard to do with some basic recursion. This would work especially well when you consider that the Barbarians almost never settle cities, and the poorer nations rarely built up to their city maximums.

- Breaking empires: It might be possible to have an alternate version of the mod that actually runs the game for the 800+ years between I:R and CK3, with specific events in place to introduce the arrival of Christianity, the (potential) fall of rome, the introduction of Islam, etc. Naturally, there would be some randomness to it, allowing players to "reroll" the converter if they didn't like what happened to their empire in the intervening time.

Also, as a quick question: Is there already support for the extended timeline mod? (The one that allows you to keep playing into the CK3 era)

2) Primary title succession law.

There might be something else going on here, but the primary title has Confederate Partition when the Imperator save has Familial Marriage (aka Primogeniture with the Unrestricted Marriage religion doctrine).
It's probably a case of a missing mapping, will check.
On the one hand, my playthrough started with the Getae eventually forming Dacia. The Getae (k_IMPTOCK3_GTE) title still seems to be around in CK3 and seems to have a more correct but incomplete setup (only equal gender law, but no single heir succession - an incomplete mapping of Familial Marriage which is not only equal gender but also primogeniture).

On the other hand, the actual title associated with the converted realm of Dacia (k_dacia) doesn't have a specific succession specified and thus defaults to Male Preference Confederate Partition.

Does that mean that converting a formed nation borks the primary title and its laws?
Interesting, might be a bug with formed nations indeed (I haven't specifically tested against that). Will investigate.

- CK3 "Development": It might be possible to set the development level of cities based on how many buildings they had built in I:R. Then for settlements, set their developments based on the development of the nearest city (maybe a 2 or 3 point drop per distance, ie an immediate neighbour would be 3 development less, one distant would be 5, etc.). Seems like (if you started with the cities) this wouldn't be too hard to do with some basic recursion. This would work especially well when you consider that the Barbarians almost never settle cities, and the poorer nations rarely built up to their city maximums.
Ngl, this seems overly complicated.
- Breaking empires: It might be possible to have an alternate version of the mod that actually runs the game for the 800+ years between I:R and CK3, with specific events in place to introduce the arrival of Christianity, the (potential) fall of rome, the introduction of Islam, etc. Naturally, there would be some randomness to it, allowing players to "reroll" the converter if they didn't like what happened to their empire in the intervening time.
This is kind of the point of the IRCK3 mod, but I can't focus on the converter and the mod at the same time. On simulating this through the converter, I think @Zemurin was interestied in that, although I don't know if he still wants to implent that.
Also, as a quick question: Is there already support for the extended timeline mod? (The one that allows you to keep playing into the CK3 era)
No, simply because IRCK3 doesn't yet have a release for 2.0. Or are you talking about a different mod?

NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT DOWNLOAD)

ImperatorToCK3, 1.2.2

Compatible with Imperator: Rome 2.0 and Crusader Kings III 1.3. Compatible with CK3ToEU4. Help with the data files and translations is welcome.

Version 1.2 partial changelog:
- Death reason conversion
- Simple Chinese localization support
- Outputting of vanilla CK3 development levels and buildings
- Optional I:R based de jure setup
- Welcoming event

Version 1.2.1 changelog:
- File encoding fixes

Version 1.2.2 changelog:
- File encoding fixes
- Added an experimental update checker
- Minor update to Simple Chinese loc

Requirements
  • Imperator: Rome with optional expansions, version 2.0.3
  • Crusader Kings III with optional expansions, version 1.3.1
Incoming Savegames
  • Converter supports compressed, as well as debug mode uncompressed save games.
  • Ironman saves are supported.
Outgoing Mod
  • Converter will produce a CK3 mod.
  • Using the front-end, the mod will be copied to CK3 mod directory, located in the user's documents, usually C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod.
  • Without front-end (running the converter manually), the mod will be exported to the converter's output folder, and will have to be moved manually by the user.