• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I've tried to convert my game from imperator to ck3, using the newest patch. I've seen some people saying it would work, so I converted my save as well, however it seems it didn't work right? Every province in the mod is independent, and in the log files it seems like it sent over 0 of anything at all. The text files in the converted mods folder are all empty as well. Any suggestions? Or should I just wait for a compatable version of the converter with the newest imperator patch?

Attachments

• log.txt
    7,5 KB · Views: 0
How to avoid the problem that every kingdom from imperator rome in crusader kings break in the first year, because every vasall have around -10000 opinion, because every lord have to much holdings. The ai try to fix it, but they only give around 10 holdings per month to the vasalls. Sadly this takes to much time and every kingdom have a revolt and breaks. So that the whole ck game is like shattered world.
Is there a way to avoid this?
For now, manually editing the output mod.
Hello,will the converter work,if i play past the end date in imperator rome before i convert? If i change the end date in the file.
Yes. Actually, the longer you play I:R the better for the conversion.
I've tried to convert my game from imperator to ck3, using the newest patch. I've seen some people saying it would work, so I converted my save as well, however it seems it didn't work right? Every province in the mod is independent, and in the log files it seems like it sent over 0 of anything at all. The text files in the converted mods folder are all empty as well. Any suggestions? Or should I just wait for a compatable version of the converter with the newest imperator patch?
The current prerelease build is faulty, you should try in about 2 days from now.

• 2Like
Reactions:
0.2 - Tiberius
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE RELEASE)

0_2_ReleaseBanner.png
ImperatorToCK3, 0.2.1

The second converter release brings family conversion, data files improvements, and more!

This version should be compatible with CK3ToEU4. Data files have not been adjusted for Imperator: Rome 2.0. The conversion will probably work just fine, but the converter is still for version 1.5.
Help with the data files is welcome.

Version 0.2 partial changelog:
- Reviewed British Isles province mappings
- Reviewed Iberian Peninsula province mappings
- Many culture and religion data files improvements, credits to @IohannesIohannium and @lukaslunt
- Fixed the missing family definition warning spam
- Government mapper, configurable via government_map.txt
- Nickname mapper, configurable via nickname_map.txt
- Regions and provinces support in religion and culture mappers
- Tag to title mapper, configurable via title_map.txt
- Added all I:R deities and assigned them to the relevant religions
- Added clothing, building and unit gfx lines for all cultures, to ensure Carthaginians do not dress like Greeks, but rather like Phoenicians
- Added some special religious-related strings, like Druid for Celtic priests or Sheol for the Canaanite afterlife
- Made Kemetism accept incest, as it should historically
- Made Cybelene prefer eunuchs, as their male priests were usually ritually castrated
- Made the converter determine CK3 holding type for converted provinces
- Family to dynasty conversion
- A lot of changes under the hood

Version 0.2.1 changelog:
- Frontend update
- Fixed a potential problem in a Linux build script

Requirements
  • Imperator: Rome with optional expansions, version 1.5.
  • Crusader Kings III with optional expansions, version 1.1 or newer.
Incoming Savegames
  • Converter supports compressed, as well as debug mode uncompressed save games.
  • Ironman saves are supported.
Outgoing Mod
  • Converter will produce a CK3 mod.
  • Using the front-end, the mod will be copied to CK3 mod directory, located in the user's documents, usually C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod.
  • Without front-end (running the converter manually), the mod will be exported to the converter's output folder, and will have to be moved manually by the user.
Bookmarks
  • The converter ideally produces an 867 bookmark, which may change in later releases.
Map conversion
  • Converter tries to alter the map as little as possible against vanilla.
  • For those countries inside CK3's scope, the conversion treads lightly, only updating necessary elements, e.g. which provinces are owned by whom and what should be local religion/culture.

From now on there will be no windows_development_build. New versions will be released much more frequently instead. It is advised to check the releases page before conversion.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
I'm not totally sure which thread I should post this in but I believe it's this one, anyways.

The converter works more or less fine with 2.0 from what I can see and I have a converted game I'm eager to play more of but I did encounter an odd bug. When I reform Hellenism and become the temporal head of faith I either become a republic and the game ends immediately if my capital holding is a city or I become tribal if it's a tribal holding and the game seems to crash when I try to open the tab to change laws. I can provide logs or the save file if needed.

Last edited:
My converter game seems to have all provinces be tribal, which probably is intended since I didn't convert them to cities, but then it also has like a lot of counties that are to be given out, is this intended?

Hey, I'm a IR player form China. Many folks in our community also play this kind of campaign or just like keep playing their world and their history.
At this point, I made a cns translation for this converter, and attached it to this post.
Please check if this correct enough for you to use it, though I have made some mod translation before, I don't have enough confidence for a software now.
At final, could you allow me to post a post on our forum with only offical Github link and no redistribute, to introduce this converter to people may need this?

Attachments

• converter_l_simp_chinese.yml
    1,4 KB · Views: 0
  • configuration_l_simp_chinese.yml
    805 bytes · Views: 0
  • options_l_simp_chinese.yml
    1,1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Amazing, now that the converter is compatible with ck3 to eu4 i have an excuse to play Imperator!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm not totally sure which thread I should post this in but I believe it's this one, anyways.

The converter works more or less fine with 2.0 from what I can see and I have a converted game I'm eager to play more of but I did encounter an odd bug. When I reform Hellenism and become the temporal head of faith I either become a republic and the game ends immediately if my capital holding is a city or I become tribal if it's a tribal holding and the game seems to crash when I try to open the tab to change laws. I can provide logs or the save file if needed.
The included religion files weren't updated for 2.0, that's probably it. I guess you need to wait for a 2.0-compatible version. Could you upload your save for testing?
My converter game seems to have all provinces be tribal, which probably is intended since I didn't convert them to cities, but then it also has like a lot of counties that are to be given out, is this intended?
All or most? Is even the province with Rome tribal? If most, it's WAD, the holding determiner has strict rules about what's a city, a castle or a temple. Will probably be tweaked to produce fewer tribal provs in the future.
Hey, I'm a IR player form China. Many folks in our community also play this kind of campaign or just like keep playing their world and their history.
At this point, I made a cns translation for this converter, and attached it to this post.
Please check if this correct enough for you to use it, though I have made some mod translation before, I don't have enough confidence for a software now.
At final, could you allow me to post a post on our forum with only offical Github link and no redistribute, to introduce this converter to people may need this?
Thanks, I will include your localization.
About posting on your forum, I'm completely fine with that, if Paradox moderators don't mind.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I figured out the crashing, it was solely because I had a very large empire and thus had almost 800 titles held personally. It took a very long time to load but I did finally manage to hand out a lot of them and the game is more or less working perfectly now.

The only other problem I'd say I've encountered is the lack of castles. Most all of the holdings in my empire are cities which makes sense in I:R but naturally causes some problems in CK.

Reactions:
I figured out the crashing, it was solely because I had a very large empire and thus had almost 800 titles held personally. It took a very long time to load but I did finally manage to hand out a lot of them and the game is more or less working perfectly now.

The only other problem I'd say I've encountered is the lack of castles. Most all of the holdings in my empire are cities which makes sense in I:R but naturally causes some problems in CK.
ATM you can build more forts in Imperator to have more castles.

Reactions:
I'm to stupid. What do i have to change in the configurables to get "Karthago" instead of "Afrika"?
Also the converter translate carthage to africa in crusader kings 3.
Btw. the converter change a lot of countries to a different name from the same position in crusader kings 3.
Judea is israel after converting, Maurya is india, etc.
I would change all of this bigger nations per hand.

Kingdom of "ADJ Revolt" lmao. Not that huge of a bug, but it's a tad bit funny
1615907924950.png

I'm to stupid. What do i have to change in the configurables to get "Karthago" instead of "Afrika"?
Also the converter translate carthage to africa in crusader kings 3.
Btw. the converter change a lot of countries to a different name from the same position in crusader kings 3.
Judea is israel after converting, Maurya is india, etc.
I would change all of this bigger nations per hand.
You dont need to change the configurables, you can just modify the localization for these titles in the output mod. But you can also empty the title_map.txt configurable, where country to CK3 title mappings are defined, and convert again. For a future version I will probably make the converter use the Imperator name for updated titles.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: