• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've actually been working on an Imperator:Rome to CK II converter from the ground up for some time now, and the basic core of it has been finished for months. I still need to finish mapping all of the provinces, which has been the only thing keeping me from releasing it

That's cool. Are you aware of the mapping tool? I'm not sure if the I:R map is the same format (I think so, EU3 was), but if so the tool is a great help.

Edit: I read that as EU:Rome for some reason. I can say with certainty that the tool supports the I:R map format.

Last edited:
I've actually been working on an Imperator:Rome to CK II converter from the ground up for some time now, and the basic core of it has been finished for months. I still need to finish mapping all of the provinces, which has been the only thing keeping me from releasing it
why didn't you say it earlier? I had also started but without coding knowledge I almost gave up. I had created a good part of the culture and religion conversions. in any case it's cool.

That's cool. Are you aware of the mapping tool? I'm not sure if the I:R map is the same format (I think so, EU3 was), but if so the tool is a great help.

I didn't know that there was a mapping tool, that might save me hours of work, thank you, lol. May I have a link to it?

why didn't you say it earlier? I had also started but without coding knowledge I almost gave up. I had created a good part of the culture and religion conversions. in any case it's cool.

I've told people about the converter that I've played multiplayer games with, but I'm not usually active on the Paradox forums, lol. I'd be happy to work together, I haven't mapped out all of the cultures yet and your finished conversion table would help greatly if you'd like to work together
TestConversion.jpg
[/QUOTE]

• 2Love
Reactions:
Sure thing, you can get the latest build here:

I have instructions on some of the other threads, and can hunt it down tomorrow. It's past bed time for me though.
Same here, lol. Thank you so much, I now might be able to release an initial version of the converter much sooner then I had planned. Have a good one

I didn't know that there was a mapping tool, that might save me hours of work, thank you, lol. May I have a link to it?

I've told people about the converter that I've played multiplayer games with, but I'm not usually active on the Paradox forums, lol. I'd be happy to work together, I haven't mapped out all of the cultures yet and your finished conversion table would help greatly if you'd like to work togetherView attachment 635780
[/QUOTE]
I could help you but only regarding the creation of the mod, but for the moment I have planned on Saturday to work on CK3 for the converter and if I have time I will send you what I had to create for my CK2 mod (religion / cultures) but it's a bit old now.
But yes I will try from this point of view to help you.

You should make a thread for this so we can see development progress as you map out provinces.

If I were to start an Imperator gmae right now with no mods, would I be able to convert it once this converter is done?
Yes, 0.1 will come pretty soon. It will be pretty barebones, though, so it's possible that either a save-breaking CK3 or Imperator patch will come before the converter reaches 1.0 (basically the first version that will satisfy me personally).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes, 0.1 will come pretty soon. It will be pretty barebones, though, so it's possible that either a save-breaking CK3 or Imperator patch will come before the converter reaches 1.0 (basically the first version that will satisfy me personally).
Will this converter be compatible with the extended timeline mod for Imperator, the one which extends it to the beginning of ck3? Im asking because I'm going to guess that the early release won't have many features such as Christianity and the fall of the empire. Im gonna assume that that mod is gonna have all of the transition to the middle ages stuff, while the converter just does the conversion part.

Last edited:
Will this converter be compatible with the extended timeline mod for Imperator, the one which extends it to the beginning of ck3? Im asking because I'm going to guess that the early release won't have many features such as Christianity and the fall of the empire. Im gonna assume that that mod is gonna have all of the transition to the middle ages stuff, while the converter just does the conversion part.
Do you mean IRCK3 or a different mod? If the former, yes, the idea is to support that mod to have a better conversion.

• 2Like
Reactions:
0.1 - Augustus
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
ImperatorToCK3, 0.1
First stable release

We're releasing the first barebones version of the ImperatorToCK3 converter. It converts characters, countries and provinces. Families are not converted in this release.

This version is NOT compatible with CK3ToEU4 because of added religions and cultures! Compatibility is a goal for the next release, though.

Requirements
  • Imperator: Rome with optional expansions, latest version is required.
  • Crusader Kings III with optional expansions, latest version is required.
Incoming Savegames
  • Converter supports compressed, as well as debug mode uncompressed save games.
  • Ironman saves are supported.
Outgoing Mod
  • Converter will produce a CK3 mod.
  • Using the front-end, the mod will be copied to CK3 mod directory, located in the user's documents, usually C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod.
  • Without front-end (running the converter manually), the mod will be exported to the converter's output folder, and will have to be moved manually by the user.