• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Converted a game where I was Atropatene and a friend was Maurya. Thessalonika is supposed to be Thrace, and Persian Empire is actually the Seleucids.
Please provide the Imperator save.
Cultures are a bit weird though, Mede got converted into Kurdish, and Maghada into Nepalese. And the Roman Emperors became Italian somehow.
What do you suggest for Mede and Maghada? To see why the Roman emperor is Italian, I also need the save.
Also, would it be possible to have de-jure duchies map to Imperator provinces, and Empires maybe to some more relevant ones/be customizable somehow?
What do you mean by mapping de jure duchies to Imperator provinces? Creating de jure duchies from Imperator provinces? Unlikely, since IIRC CK3 uses duchies for defining geographical regions. However, Imperator regions will be converter to existing or generated CK3 titles. De jure will be based on land possession: for example a de jure kingdom will become a de jure vassal of an empire if the latter (almost?) completely controls the former/controls the kingdom's capital (I'll need to see which works better).
For now, to get a de jure setup created by Iohannes, which is somewhat closer to Imperator's, see the first option in the converter frontend's Options tab.

Please provide the Imperator save.

What do you suggest for Mede and Maghada? To see why the Roman emperor is Italian, I also need the save.

What do you mean by mapping de jure duchies to Imperator provinces? Creating de jure duchies from Imperator provinces? Unlikely, since IIRC CK3 uses duchies for defining geographical regions. However, Imperator regions will be converter to existing or generated CK3 titles. De jure will be based on land possession: for example a de jure kingdom will become a de jure vassal of an empire if the latter (almost?) completely controls the former/controls the kingdom's capital (I'll need to see which works better).
For now, to get a de jure setup created by Iohannes, which is somewhat closer to Imperator's, see the first option in the converter frontend's Options tab.

Attached save. For Medes I'd just make them Persians, because I did spend the whole game trying to create the Persian Empire, but Kurdish does kinda make sense. Maghadi from what I understand evolved into Bengali.

The title mapping seems I bit complicated IMO, but it seems to work. I generally would prefer if titles were generated from Imperators. I'm going to mess with the settings and the output mod a bit to see how much I can change or add.

Attachments

• atropateno-maurya 754 END.rome
    18,6 MB · Views: 0
Also, are titles like "e_IMPTOCK3_EGY" dynamic?
Yes, they are generated by the converter.
So if I create, say
"e_IMPTOCK3_CAR", will the converter know to map CAR to that title automatically?
No, you need to add a mapping for the title in configurables/title_map.txt. The title shouldn't have the "IMPTOCK3", this is a prefix for converter-generated titles.

Regarding Persian cultures I honestly think Mede and especially Elamite should convert over 1-1. Both are fairly distinct in their own ways (Median is more closely related to Avestan than Old Persian) and Elamite is a language isolate from a culture that was entirely distinct from Persia at large. If anything the Elamites have more in common with the Mesopotamian cultures than Persians.

Reactions:
Converter worked great! But when I try to create a custom ruler, it turns my nation into a republic. Got the same result with Rome, but not with Macedon, though it changed from a Empire to a Highkingdom. Is there something I can do? If not how do I change the flag of my Empire?
Cheers Jon :)

Ps: Solved my Problem, I am pretty sure the change in Goverment typie stems from the fact that Metropolises are changed into cities that can make your capital into a city -> when the ruler creator checks what your capital holding is, it changes your government type

Last edited:
The rewrite is done and release 2.1.0 is out!

Changelog:
- Rewrote the converter backend in C#
- Expanded logging
- Fixed 2 culture mappings
- Fixed character culture conversion to work with culture mappings requiring a specific CK3 title
- Prevented Muslim Somali rulers
- Support for custom names of Imperator characters

And the Roman Emperors became Italian somehow.
This is fixed now.

The converter will begin receiving feature updates again. The pain points that I should focus on are:
- governor to vassal conversion
- county development conversion
- barony holding type conversion

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Converter worked great! But when I try to create a custom ruler, it turns my nation into a republic. Got the same result with Rome, but not with Macedon, though it changed from a Empire to a Highkingdom.
Ps: Solved my Problem, I am pretty sure the change in Goverment typie stems from the fact that Metropolises are changed into cities that can make your capital into a city -> when the ruler creator checks what your capital holding is, it changes your government type
TBH I never considered custom ruler creation. It's just stupid vanilla design that non-republic rulers can't hold cities, for some reason.
Is there something I can do? If not how do I change the flag of my Empire?
You can edit the CoAs in common\coat_of_arms\coat_of_arms folder inside the outputted mod folder. Or just wait for the upcoming CK3 update with CoA editor.
Regarding Persian cultures I honestly think Mede and especially Elamite should convert over 1-1. Both are fairly distinct in their own ways (Median is more closely related to Avestan than Old Persian) and Elamite is a language isolate from a culture that was entirely distinct from Persia at large. If anything the Elamites have more in common with the Mesopotamian cultures than Persians.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will add this to the issue tracker.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add this to the issue tracker.
If it'll help you guys out I could probably throw together a name list for Elamite. In I:R from what I can tell it just uses recycled Persian names but there's a pretty large body of literature about their culture and language that I'm already somewhat familiar with if that'd help you guys out any.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If it'll help you guys out I could probably throw together a name list for Elamite. In I:R from what I can tell it just uses recycled Persian names but there's a pretty large body of literature about their culture and language that I'm already somewhat familiar with if that'd help you guys out any.
Please do, it would help a lot! I believe no one in the team knows much about the region.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Kur-Ishshak
Peli
Tata
Ukku-Tanhish
Hishutash
Shushun-Tarana
Napi-Ilhush
Kkku-Siwe-Temti
Hishep-Ratep
Luh-Ishshan
Emahsini
Helu
Hita
Kutik-Inshushinak
Gir-Namme
Tazitta
Eparti
Lurak-Luhhan
Hutran-Temti
Idattu-Inshushinak
Kindattu
Tan-Ruhuratir
Indattu-Napir
Indattu-Temti
Shilhaha
Kuk-Nashur
Atta-hushu
Tetep-Mada
Palar-Ishshan
Kuk-Sanit
Kuk-Kirwash
Tem-Sanit
Kuk-Nahhunte
Shirukduh
Shimut-Wartash
Siwe-Palar-Hupak
Kuduzulush
Kutir-Nahhunte
Atta-Merra-Haiki
Lila-Irtash
Temti-Agun
Temti-Raptash
Shirtuh
Tan-Uli
Temti-Halksi
Kutik-Matlat
Kidinu
Insushinak-Sunkir-Nappipir
Shalla
Temti-Ahar
Ata-Halki
Attar-Kittah
Ige-Halki
Pahir-Ishshan
Kidin-Hutran
Humban-Numena
Untash-Napirisha
Untash_Humban
Unpatar-Napirisha
Unpatar-Humban
Humban-Untash
Napirisha-Untash
Atamaita
Ashina
Martiya
Umamaita
Upadarma

The male names are mostly all drawn from the various king lists and things of that nature, thankfully there's no shortage of records in that regard.

Tabguri
Shatilu
Shashru
Iapru
Gizili
Hu-urti
Azahar
Iapulmat
Napganaza
Shimuthisha
Liliriri
Temukra
Zana
Zanidah
Kikki
Napir-Asu

There are decidedly less female names but still enough for some variety, especially with Royal Court coming up and the ability to make a culture with two namelists.

I also did some digging and came up with King and Emperor tier titles for Elamite culture. Kings should be called Sunkir and Emperors should be called Rishar Sunkir (lit. Great King, seemed fitting enough), sadly I've got nothing for titles below King though.

Reactions:
Hello.

Running version 2.2.0 of the converter fails to create the realms properly, instead atomizing everything to 1-country factions (this behaviour is identical if you were to take the unmodded CK3 and change the starting year bookmark to something very early like 100 AD).

I am attempting to convert a 10th January 1 AD save from Imperator into a CK3 game that starts on 10th January 1 AD.

Attached are the Imperator Rome files and the CK3 mod output.

Attachments

• Dacia.rome
    17 MB · Views: 0
  • mod.zip
    10,6 MB · Views: 0
Hello.

Running version 2.2.0 of the converter fails to create the realms properly, instead atomizing everything to 1-country factions (this behaviour is identical if you were to take the unmodded CK3 and change the starting year bookmark to something very early like 100 AD).

I am attempting to convert a 10th January 1 AD save from Imperator into a CK3 game that starts on 10th January 1 AD.

Attached are the Imperator Rome files and the CK3 mod output.
I see no bug here, CK3 barely has any history scripted for 1 AD.

I see no bug here, CK3 barely has any history scripted for 1 AD.
Certainly, but an Imperator import mod would. My expectation, in the context of the existence of the CK3 Bookmark Date (AD) field on the Front End, is that I enter an AD date and as long as it is the same or calendaristically after the I:R Save Game date, it would be able to re-create the world.

As it is, the only instance in which I have been able to get CK3 to load the realms as they have been defined in the I:R Export Mod is by using the 1st January 867 date.

So does that mean there is something about CK3 that's hardcoded to have 867 as the earliest date?

Last edited:
Thanks for the work. Minor weirdness to report.

Imperator: Rome to CK3 conversion lead to some weirdness with tribal societies on the Rome map. As in every single County that was on that map (But not new ones added in CK3's widened scope) had Tribal holdings to start out. In every single Barony. This lead to weirdness as Tribes started to embrace Feudalism of ending up with a County that had nothing but Castle Holdings without Cities or Temples for the most part.

Not a huge deal in and of itself, slows down wars because now there's so many more castles to tear down than you'd normally see.

Biggest concern is, since I'm tying this into a mega campaign how the CK3 to EU4 converter will work. Meaning most of Europe will be dirt poor in production and taxation due to the complete lack of cities and temples.

Not sure if the conversion into CK3 was intended to really do that or just an odd effect.

The save it was converted from by the by since that does seem to be the regular thing asked:

Attachments

• 450.10.1 - Ivernia.rome
    17,2 MB · Views: 0
Just downloaded latest version of converter (1.3.1) and tried to convert my save. Quits after 0 sec every time. Save is 1000AUC, or 247AD, and I set start date to that, but converting it to the default date yields same result.

Attachments

• log.txt
    463 bytes · Views: 0
  • fronter-options.txt
    870 bytes · Views: 0
  • fronter-configuration.txt
    1,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1000.1.1 - Roman Empire.rome
    31,1 MB · Views: 0