• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks! Left a comment on the pull request, I think the herulian mapping won't work because X28 looks like a dynamic tag.
However, I've found this line in Invictus:
Code:
HRE = "setup/countries/germania/herules.txt"
Maybe it could be a replacement?
Hello, I have made some additional edits (Primarily around TFE again) and have sent a pull request. Feel free to tell me what needs to be changed or dropped. I started this as just the Caucasian rework as alot of it could have been shared between TFE and the cultures expanded compatibility I mentioned in the release thread but it sort of snowballed. I hope to actually get to that after this.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Hello, I have made some additional edits (Primarily around TFE again) and have sent a pull request. Feel free to tell me what needs to be changed or dropped. I started this as just the Caucasian rework as alot of it could have been shared between TFE and the cultures expanded compatibility I mentioned in the release thread but it sort of snowballed. I hope to actually get to that after this.
Thank you for the great work! Left only one review comment on the pull request.

Hello, I was originally working on the Cultures Expanded compatch I was talking about but the mod became outdated and unplayable by the two most recent patches and I decided to hold off until it was updated. In the mean time, I thought to start culture mapping WTWSMS since compatibility is planned for the future and it used to work (as in not immediately crash). Although it doesn't seem to work anymore (at least not with the beta), I did noticed that there were overlapping cultures liked what happened with Iberian. Since they were from two separate mods and not the converter they couldn't be fixed manually in the same way. I tired to implement something similar to what the ck2 to eu4 converter does where a separate set of certain configuration files are used when a certain mod is loaded to fix the overlap. It seems to be working with TFE although the configurations themselves aren't done except for tests changes.

This has been a bit of a rant but I want to ask if this is something you guys would even want in the first place since it's a much more substantial change than basic mapping that I've contributed before? I want to note that this was done in a slightly outdated version from a manual download in visual studio so I don't exactly know how I would hand it off to you without needing to redo it in GitHub or overriding some stuff. Also like a year out of practice of c# when I started so I don't know if it's up to par with the rest of the converter's code or not.

Hello, I was originally working on the Cultures Expanded compatch I was talking about but the mod became outdated and unplayable by the two most recent patches and I decided to hold off until it was updated.
Hi, thank you for an update on the progress. It's unfortunate that the standalone version of the mod fell behind with the updates. However, the version that requires EPE is up-to-date with CK3 1.11: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2829397295. Do you know if it'd possible to use your work for that version? I could work on adding the EPE compatibility part to the converter myself.

In the mean time, I thought to start culture mapping WTWSMS since compatibility is planned for the future and it used to work (as in not immediately crash). Although it doesn't seem to work anymore (at least not with the beta), I did noticed that there were overlapping cultures liked what happened with Iberian. Since they were from two separate mods and not the converter they couldn't be fixed manually in the same way. I tired to implement something similar to what the ck2 to eu4 converter does where a separate set of certain configuration files are used when a certain mod is loaded to fix the overlap. It seems to be working with TFE although the configurations themselves aren't done except for tests changes.
WtWSMS hasn't been compatched for CK3 1.11, maybe it will work again when it's updated.
As for the overlapping cultures, could you provide an example of a conflict between TFE and WtWSMS that will be problematic? In case it's a matter of the two mods using a single culture ID for representing two separate things, I'll use a made-up, but plausible example:
  • WtWSMS has "illyrian" culture that represents ancient Illyrians.
  • TFE has "illyrian" culture that represents Romano-Illyrians.
  • We need separate links in culture_map.txt. For that, I can add a new parameter to make a distinction by using selected mods (probably the best option), heritages, or something else:

• Code:
    # there would be a predefined list of mod flags, for example: tfe, wtwsms, more_bookmarks_plus

link = { ir=illyrian ck3=ancient_illyrian } # TFE
    link = { ir=illyrian ck3=illyrian has_mod=wtwsms } # WtWSMS
    link = { ir=illyrian ck3=albanian } # vanilla CK3

link = { ir=romano_illyrian ck3=romano_illyrian } # WtWSMS
    link = { ir=romano_illyrian ck3=illyrian has_mod=tfe } # TFE
    link = { ir=romano_illyrian ck3=roman } # WtWSMS and vanilla CK3
    or
    Code:
    link = { ir=illyrian ck3=ancient_illyrian } # TFE
    link = { ir=illyrian ck3=illyrian has_heritage=heritage_illyrian } # WtWSMS
    link = { ir=illyrian ck3=albanian } # vanilla CK3

link = { ir=romano_illyrian ck3=romano_illyrian } # WtWSMS
    link = { ir=romano_illyrian ck3=illyrian has_heritage=heritage_latin } # TFE
    link = { ir=romano_illyrian ck3=roman } # vanilla CK3
In my opinion, having separate mapping files for each mod would be hard to maintain. If Imperator: Invictus added a new culture, it would need to be added to multiple files.
By using a single mapping file with optional parameters, we can avoid the duplication and only add special cases when there's a conflict between mods.
Does my idea make sense, or am I missing something that makes this unfeasible?

This has been a bit of a rant but I want to ask if this is something you guys would even want in the first place since it's a much more substantial change than basic mapping that I've contributed before? I want to note that this was done in a slightly outdated version from a manual download in visual studio so I don't exactly know how I would hand it off to you without needing to redo it in GitHub or overriding some stuff. Also like a year out of practice of c# when I started so I don't know if it's up to par with the rest of the converter's code or not.
You can send your source code in a zip I'll compare the changes. Don't worry about the code quality. If you're also interested in implementing other missing features in the converter, I could help you get accustomed to the project the way Idhrendur and Zemurin helped me in the beginning :).

We could chat faster on our Discord server related to all the converters. If you'd like to join, I will send you an invite.

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for an update on the progress. It's unfortunate that the standalone version of the mod fell behind with the updates. However, the version that requires EPE is up-to-date with CK3 1.11: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2829397295. Do you know if it'd possible to use your work for that version? I could work on adding the EPE compatibility part to the converter myself.

Thank you but that shouldn't be necessary as I was actually working with the EPE version originally and have not noticed any compatibility issues so far. I mostly said that because someone in the discord mentioned that the only expanded mod that was up to date with 1.11.4/5 was EPE and it required a compatch with CFP although they may have just referred to graphical bugs. That said, the next major patch and dlc is less than two days away anyway which will certainly outdate the mods so I rather just wait for CE's next update than have the patch work for a day before needing to do it again.

WtWSMS hasn't been compatched for CK3 1.11, maybe it will work again when it's updated.
As for the overlapping cultures, could you provide an example of a conflict between TFE and WtWSMS that will be problematic? In case it's a matter of the two mods using a single culture ID for representing two separate things, I'll use a made-up, but plausible example:
  • WtWSMS has "illyrian" culture that represents ancient Illyrians.
  • TFE has "illyrian" culture that represents Romano-Illyrians.
  • We need separate links in culture_map.txt. For that, I can add a new parameter to make a distinction by using selected mods (probably the best option), heritages, or something else:

Yes, there are two instances I noticed where a TFE roman divergent culture shares a name and id with the tribe they were named after in wtwsms. These are Lusitanian and Armorican. There is also an arguably applicable case where TFE repurposes Gaelic to represent the entire Goidelic group from before they migrated to Scotland rather than just Celtic Scots.

In my opinion, having separate mapping files for each mod would be hard to maintain. If Imperator: Invictus added a new culture, it would need to be added to multiple files.
By using a single mapping file with optional parameters, we can avoid the duplication and only add special cases when there's a conflict between mods.
Does my idea make sense, or am I missing something that makes this unfeasible?

For the most part I agree that it would be a better way of being implemented (and if you do I agree that a has_mod parameter would be best) but this would leave out pillars. which didn't seem to use parameters in the same way from what I saw though I may be wrong. Pillars currently suffer from two issues, the first being much like the overlapping of individual cultures where the same heritage and language id's represent different things in different mods. For example, Gaulish is the converters heritage for the Celts of Gaul and Pannonia but TFE uses it for Non-Frankish Gallo-Romans. What TFE does use, Continental-Celtic, is also used in WTWSMS but also applies to Iberian Celts which don't have their own heritage like in TFE and now the converter.

The other is more pillar specific where you can't just invalidate a language or heritage without also replacing any culture that uses the default. For example, CE adds back Arberian from CK2 which represents medieval Albanians and as such, would replace them in the patch. However, their pillars are named differently from the converters which causes them to be as distant from Dalmatian as they would Han. Trying to invalidate the converter's Albanian language and heritage with Arberian without editing or replacing the Dalmatian culture causes it to not be mapped and replaced the base games south Slavic cultures. You would either have to deal the two cultures sharing no relation with each other or have the one new culture replace an entire group.

You can send your source code in a zip I'll compare the changes. Don't worry about the code quality. If you're also interested in implementing other missing features in the converter, I could help you get accustomed to the project the way Idhrendur and Zemurin helped me in the beginning :).

We could chat faster on our Discord server related to all the converters. If you'd like to join, I will send you an invite.

I appreciate that. I've been on the discord for a bit now (under Dbaniel or deo211) but I didn't want to ping you since you were offline when I checked. Also sorry for not getting back to you yesterday. The zip should be attached thought I should note that I changed the .net version to get it running for me. Probably won't get much use out of it with because of the parameter thing but hey, good practice I suppose.

Attachments

• ImperatorToCK3.zip
    25,9 MB · Views: 0
Hey guys, so I had a question regarding the converter for imperator to ck3. I did a test conversion with my imperator save which was saved at somewhere around 140bc and when I went into ck3 with the converted save, I noticed that dev was a little messed up and there is no technology discovered despite most civilizations in my save game being quite high tech for 140bc. Do you guys know why this is? I am playing with the invictus extended timeline mod.

Hey guys, so I had a question regarding the converter for imperator to ck3. I did a test conversion with my imperator save which was saved at somewhere around 140bc and when I went into ck3 with the converted save, I noticed that dev was a little messed up and there is no technology discovered despite most civilizations in my save game being quite high tech for 140bc. Do you guys know why this is? I am playing with the invictus extended timeline mod.
Inventions are simply not converted at the moment. Would you be willing to look at the Imperator inventions:

and CK3 innovations:

to find matches for conversion?
For example:
- Imperator "Triumphal Coins" could be converted to "Coinage" innovation in CK3.
- Imperator "Mangonel" invention could unlock "Onager" and "Mangonel" innovations in CK3.

Inventions are simply not converted at the moment. Would you be willing to look at the Imperator inventions:

and CK3 innovations:

to find matches for conversion?
For example:
- Imperator "Triumphal Coins" could be converted to "Coinage" innovation in CK3.
- Imperator "Mangonel" invention could unlock "Onager" and "Mangonel" innovations in CK3.
I can see what I can do for ya.

• 1Like
Reactions: