• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I likewise apologize for my slow response, if you're still interested in converting and are still having the issue, try the experimental version of the converter that I posted aove
Same save, same problem and nothing changed. But good luck in major invictus update.

Attachments

• log.txt
    5,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 762.5.5 - Peloponnesian League.rome
    185,6 MB · Views: 0
Same save, same problem and nothing changed. But good luck in major invictus update.
Are you using the GOG version of Imperator:Rome? Your save file has some unusual formatting in the enabled mods section that I haven't seen before, which broke the mod parser and caused the converter to crash. This build should fix the issue, but if it doesn't, let me know:

Attachments

• IRCK2_PR116_11_25_2023.zip
    155 MB · Views: 0
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!

(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

1701103459829.png

Imperator:Rome to Crusader Kings 2, 0.3Carthaginian
A Compatibility Update
A lot has changed since the previous version released, most notably improved compatibility with Imperator:Invictus, duchy conversion, and custom retinues/buildings. A full list of features added and bugfixes made since 0.2 Belgae can be found below:

Features:
  • Full Imperator:Invictus mod compatibility, including support for its new religions and map expansions (vanilla I:R is still supported)
  • Huge Multiplayer Overhaul V2 (HMOV2) mod compatibility
  • Special retinues for certain cultures, such as Punic and Gallic
  • Special buildings for certain cultures, such as Carthaginian Elephant Encampments and Chaldean Shieldbearer Barracks
  • Cultural divergences for Etruscan, Old Slavic, and Noric
  • Saka culture no longer represents all Scythians, and has been split into Scythian, Sarmatian, Iazyges, and Alan
  • Parthians, Circassians, South Arabians, and Elamites convert as their own cultures
  • Added Indo-Scythian, Indo-Parthian, Balto-British (Zvejian), Suebian-Anatolian (Wigazan), Scytho-British (Nemedian), Gallo-Mesopotamian (Plashurii), Suebian-British (Anglo-Suebi), Indo-Germanic, and Belgae-British (Atrebatian) as additional divergences
  • The Matrist religion (We'Ra' in Invictus) now splits into Slavic and Romuva paganism
  • Regions used for governorship vassal generation are now dynamically generated based off of the mods used in the save game, leading to more accurate governorships in modded games
  • Pyu, Shan, Wa, and Mon cultures and Natic religion, adapted from CK2's Tianxia: Silk Road Expansion mod
  • Small countries will convert as duchies instead of kingdoms
  • All Imperator:Rome religions now have unique icons
  • Flavor for the Indo-Roman divergence culture incorporated from CK2's An Indo-Rome Mod: Renovatio Imperii by Fritz™ XII
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed the mod localization overflow crash that occurred with save games that were played with many mods.
  • Fixed a crash caused by certain decompressed save files registering as compressed save files
  • Fixed Ambiania (ABM) from Invictus not generating with a flag, therefore messing up the flags for all countries
  • Fixed a crash caused by an excessive amount of TAGs in the save file
  • Fixed an oversight where the subject-overlord relationship didn't account for title conversion in certain cases, preventing countries with a CK2 equivalent from having their I:R vassals carry over
  • Fixed a crash caused when an Imperator:Rome .mod file had a space in its name.
  • Fixed I:R pagan religions not having a religious head when reformed to have one
Miscellaneous:
  • Caucasian Albanian culture renamed to Lezgin
  • Religion mapping now supports parameters, allowing source religions to split apart upon converting in certain situations. Currently, the only parameters available for mapping are province/character culture, culture of the I:R tag that the character/province resides in, and year of the save game.
  • Incorporation of the new Frontend user interface

• 4Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Hey, I tried applying the converter, but got some weird maps. Many political entities were just black, colourless, and there were some Sunni and Shia states in Arabia despite the year being 450 AD (converted as experiment from 450 AUC), almost a century before Islam was founded.
I'm using a GOG version of Imperator, no other mods.

Hey, I tried applying the converter, but got some weird maps. Many political entities were just black, colourless, and there were some Sunni and Shia states in Arabia despite the year being 450 AD (converted as experiment from 450 AUC), almost a century before Islam was founded.
I'm using a GOG version of Imperator, no other mods.
Merry Christmas! Thank you for your report, I haven't tested the converter with the GOG version of the game, but uncolonized provinces in Imperator:Rome normally should convert over as independent black-colored duchies in CK2. Is it possible that those black and colorless countries you mentioned are uncolonized spots that were converted over?

Additionally, areas which are outside of Imperator:Rome's map, such as central Arabia and central Russia, are currently untouched by the converter and'll have anachronistic religions/cultures. I'd like to eventually change it, but doing so will be tedious and currently other features, such as support for the Realm Divide mod, take priority.

Would you be willing to share a screenshot of the converted save so I can take a closer look?

Merry Christmas! Thank you for your report, I haven't tested the converter with the GOG version of the game, but uncolonized provinces in Imperator:Rome normally should convert over as independent black-colored duchies in CK2. Is it possible that those black and colorless countries you mentioned are uncolonized spots that were converted over?

Additionally, areas which are outside of Imperator:Rome's map, such as central Arabia and central Russia, are currently untouched by the converter and'll have anachronistic religions/cultures. I'd like to eventually change it, but doing so will be tedious and currently other features, such as support for the Realm Divide mod, take priority.

Would you be willing to share a screenshot of the converted save so I can take a closer look?
Thanks, but I don't really celebrate Christmas. However, I do hope you had a nice holiday time!
Thank you also for answering so quickly. Please find enclosed here a screenshot from I:R, the conversion logs from both the main folder and the ImperatorToCK2 subfolder, as well as a screenshot from the converted CK2 game.

Attachments

• 2023_12_26_1.png
    2023_12_26_1.png
    2,8 MB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    33,7 KB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    28,9 KB · Views: 0
  • ck2_58.png
    ck2_58.png
    3,9 MB · Views: 0
Thanks, but I don't really celebrate Christmas. However, I do hope you had a nice holiday time!
Thank you also for answering so quickly. Please find enclosed here a screenshot from I:R, the conversion logs from both the main folder and the ImperatorToCK2 subfolder, as well as a screenshot from the converted CK2 game.
Everything appears to be converting as intended, the reason there are many duchies colored black in Europe is because many of the European provinces were uncolonized in your Imperator:Rome save game. I could look into converting all uncolonized I:R provinces as counties instead of duchies, so that all former uncolonized provinces won't share the same color

Thank you very much!
Btw, since my goal is to play CK2 with a Roman Empire that never disintegrated, would it be possible to get an option where the provinces are not feudal counties, but city republics? It would be more historically accurate, since feudalism and the primacy of the country over the town only happened due to barbarian invasions and the loss of Rome's breadbaskets, Africa and Aegyptus. Had Rome persevered as a united empire with firm borders, then its society would've been highly urbanised, with highly developed civil service, and less power to hereditary landowners. Is it in any way possible to have an empire with county-level city republic vassals? If it's too much to do in a new converter version, is there a way for me to do that manually?

The compatibility is unfortionately very limited at this point, currently everything is just converted as proto-Orthodox, then is schismed into Nicene and Arian, without any way to get to Catholicism or Orthodoxy.

The long-term plan is to have the historical schisms built-in and to split Christianity based off of region and time on conversion. If a province and character is in a certain part of the map, depending on when the save is converted, it'll be converted to a certain denomination of Christianity, such as Christian provinces in Italy between 325 and 451 AD being Nicene, provinces in Egypt after 451 AD being Miaphysite, provinces in Italy after 451 AD being Chalcedon, and so on.

I plan to work on Christianity after I finish implementing the Rise of Islam
Is the Nicene-Arian split done via events?

Although some people may have switched to CK3 over the years, I assure you many of us are still playing CK2 and are really interested in watching this converter develop.

One question as it seems to be the one missing link I can identify, particularly for a megacampaign like this:
-Imperator Invictus + Timeline Extender + Crisis of the 3rd Century
-CK2
-EU4
-Vic 3
-HOI4

How is Islam supposed to come into being in this timeline? I know that the CK3 converter has some nice mechanics taken from the TFE mod, but what about a converted game using CK2?
If it currently is not possible, would this be a feature that might be considered?

Although some people may have switched to CK3 over the years, I assure you many of us are still playing CK2 and are really interested in watching this converter develop.

One question as it seems to be the one missing link I can identify, particularly for a megacampaign like this:
-Imperator Invictus + Timeline Extender + Crisis of the 3rd Century
-CK2
-EU4
-Vic 3
-HOI4

How is Islam supposed to come into being in this timeline? I know that the CK3 converter has some nice mechanics taken from the TFE mod, but what about a converted game using CK2?
If it currently is not possible, would this be a feature that might be considered?
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that!

Ideally Islam would spawn via an event chain during CK2, but as it stands Islam does not have a way to spawn in an Imperator:Rome to CK2 campaign. It's on the to-do list, but the I:R to CK2 team is very small right now and it will take awhile to get finished. I might also try to get into contact with the WTWSMS CK2 team to see if I can get permission to use their Rise of Islam content. In the meanwhile, a temporary solution is to give an Arabian ruler tons of event-spawned troops, claims, and set the religion via console.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is the Nicene-Arian split done via events?
I apologize for my slow response, the Nicene-Arian split is done via a decision which then gives each Christian character the option to convert to either Nicene or Arian. However, I am also working on a feature to automatically split Christianity into different denominations depending on when the save is converted.

All Christian provinces and characters in saves converted before 200 AD will convert as Proto-Orthodox (which can be split via decision), like it is now. After 200 AD, however, Germanic-cultured Christian provinces and characters will be converted as Arian Christians, while other Christians will convert as Nicene. And in saves converted after 450 AD, Nestorian will be in the geographic middle-east, Miaphysite will be in the geographic region of Egypt and by Armenian-cultured Christians. Orthodox and Catholicism will also convert as split at 450, based off of their historical regions, but in the future might convert as a combined Chalcedonian and have a decision to split it.

Here's an example showing a Gallic, Christian Europe in a save converted at 450 AD (The region of Bohemia converting to Orthodox has since been fixed on my test build):
1708376493552.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that!

Ideally Islam would spawn via an event chain during CK2, but as it stands Islam does not have a way to spawn in an Imperator:Rome to CK2 campaign. It's on the to-do list, but the I:R to CK2 team is very small right now and it will take awhile to get finished. I might also try to get into contact with the WTWSMS CK2 team to see if I can get permission to use their Rise of Islam content. In the meanwhile, a temporary solution is to give an Arabian ruler tons of event-spawned troops, claims, and set the religion via console.

I feel the need to express my gratitude to you for the work you've put into this.
Not everyone is interested in buying CK3 (yet) and are quite satisfied with the so-far complete experience that CK2 provides with all of its released DLCs. I would say that that completeness possibly might give people in modding or you working on this converter some certainty that there won't be massive shifts you need to plan for.

In terms of using WTWSMS' content, that would be fantastic. It's already great that the I:R timeline extender has Christianity spawn. If the same could be done for Islam in a converted game: Present day Saudi, early 7th century thereabouts, then that would really complete the game and remove one of the last obstacles to at least potentially having a timeline related to present day. (It's plausible to think that Islam would have arisen as Judaism, and as I said, Christianity are already within the timeline of a game starting from I:R timeline extended, regardless of which power actually controls that territory in the game at that point).

Please keep up the great work, and thank you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello! O7

I've just finished converting my Imperator save, using the latest version of you converter. I'm playing as Rome.

Everything went smoothly, but when I launched CK2 I couldn't continue playing as Rome because the government type was converted to Theocracy, which isn't playable.

I'm not sure why, but I think it might be because during my I:R playthrough I enacted the decision that converted the government to Imperial Cult.

In any case, if you can help me figure out what went wrong, and how to solve it, I'd be very grateful (I think I can change the gov type in one of the generated files, but I'm not sure which one).

Thank you in advance for your assistance! O7

1710623954009.png

Hello! O7

I've just finished converting my Imperator save, using the latest version of you converter. I'm playing as Rome.

Everything went smoothly, but when I launched CK2 I couldn't continue playing as Rome because the government type was converted to Theocracy, which isn't playable.

I'm not sure why, but I think it might be because during my I:R playthrough I enacted the decision that converted the government to Imperial Cult.

In any case, if you can help me figure out what went wrong, and how to solve it, I'd be very grateful (I think I can change the gov type in one of the generated files, but I'm not sure which one).

Thank you in advance for your assistance! O7

View attachment 1096642
Thank you for your report, that definitely shouldn't happen. May you send your configuration.txt file and your I:R save file?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sure! Let me know if you need anything else to figure the issue out. Thank you! O7
When running the converter on my end, I wasn't able to replicate your issue and Rome had the correct government type. Were you using any CK2 mods in combination with your converted game? The converter has to modify the government types in order to allow I:R countries to keep their government form, and any CK2 mod which overwrites government types could cause issues.

yes, I'm using a bunch of mods on my CK2. I turned them all off and indeed, the problem is solved.

I'll try turning them back on one by one to find the ones causing the issue and continue playing without them.

Thank you for your help! O7

• 1Like
Reactions:
yes, I'm using a bunch of mods on my CK2. I turned them all off and indeed, the problem is solved.

I'll try turning them back on one by one to find the ones causing the issue and continue playing without them.

Thank you for your help! O7
You're welcome, I'm always happy to help! If you have any other issues or questions, let me know

• 4Like
Reactions:
Finally got around to starting another legacy game. Gotta say the converter does a really amazing job. With some additional settings (extremely strong revolts and reduced vassal and demesne size) the game has proven very challenging to me. 70 Years after the start of the game my scythian empire is close to collapse, with constant civil wars and foreign invasions and my own dynasty being driven out of their homeland.
I roleplayed my Scythia save and relatively close to the ending of the game decided that the ruling class converted to hellenism. While not much of an issue in I:R, it has led to untameable heptidic uprisings in CK2. A lot of fun to witness the chaos unfold!
So thanks a lot for the great work!
20240329154115_1.jpg
20240329153950_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: