• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Wellington

First Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2017
So for some reason I decided I wanted to give imperator rome another go, and I loaded up my game, went on start new game, and I was unable to click on any country without the game crashing. All I could do is look at a static screen. I even left the game running for 20 minutes just to see if it just needed to buffer out. No other paradox game that I own has this issue. Not even CK2 shattered world.

Are you on a Mac with an Intel or old nVidia video system, perhaps?

If so this is due to not meeting the minimum hardware requirements.

If not though, let us know here and we'll look into it further.

Are you on a Mac with an Intel or old nVidia video system, perhaps?

If so this is due to not meeting the minimum hardware requirements.

If not though, let us know here and we'll look into it further.

I am on a HP 7 laptop with windows 10. It did used to work but now it doesn't, so unless a patch increased the system requirements since the patch that removed all the mana, I do not think it is that.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Hmmm through my admittedly small knowledge of technology these logs do suggest that there are problems with my laptop and/or game. My guess is that it's the graphics. Am I right and if not what's the actual issue? Thanks for the help BTW.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    4,1 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    2,6 KB · Views: 1
  • DxDiag.txt
    71,7 KB · Views: 2
Your AMD video driver is from 2015, so please update that:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

If you still get this message in the rrror.log after that:
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.
you very likely have a hardware problem, with that card, I'm afraid!

Dears, good morning. I have been having a similar problem, however, when I read my game, I can play for about 3 to 6 months at most before the shutdown game. I'm not able to play anymore, I already reinstalled 2x and updated video card.
I cant found patch 1.4.2 for solve this problem, any can help me?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    88,4 KB · Views: 0
Could you let me know what that workaround is?
He's referring to the workaround for the game not starting on Intels/old nVidias on Macs, which is to disable Map Objects in the game's video settings. Which was not a known workaround on March 9th when I posted what he quoted there. He's been running a campaign ever since, bringing this up at every opportunity; even though it does not apply here given this is Windows and the symptoms are different. I mean by all means try that, can't hurt!

Assuming that doesn't help, with all the errors in that log, Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Imperator
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Imperator AND Documents/Paradox/Imperator folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new campaign, NOT but loading any existing one that may have been affected.

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again.

Good luck with that!

@AndrewT I would like to say that I have also problem with crashing game. It crashes on loading screen. I have changed shadowmap setting to 1024x1024, I have updated my graphic card drivers, I have reinstalled game, veryfied files and I have deleted Imperator folder from Documents. I have no idea what to do with it. Yesterday, before reinstallation, it was crashing in menu, after trying to load the saved games. Today it is crashing on loading screen.

Last edited:

From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

AndrewT, thank you for answer. Today I had update of Win10 and it works perfectly. So maybe it was the reason.
Anyway,thanks for tip what to do in the future with this DXDIAG.
Sorry for confusion!