Imperator: Rome - Status Update (Apr 2021)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the "right background" neither does not automatically qualify nor does having it not prevents you from doing good work

Congratulations Rossigil, you just brought that nonsense to an actual factual discussion about expertise

ringing in an expert to consult or as a permanent content designer to help us work through that would be invaluable
Wellp, my bad. Looks like I misunderstood a little, did wrong conclusions and put them in incorrect words :rolleyes:

• 5Like
Reactions:
HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROME.

• 6Haha
Reactions:
Mr. @Dnote , do you have any new for us? Be it positive or negative - or even when we'd get news (roughly)?

Thank you in advance for *any* response xD

• 8Like
Reactions:
Dude the game is dead from PDX POV. Move on.

The future is Invictus.
I liked the idea of the invictus mod when they talked about adding content, but I stopped seeing it as good when they decided to change what had already been done by paradox (Germanic zone, mission changed, etc ...). If paradox does not develop Imperator again, this game will remain a failure.

Reactions:
I liked the idea of the invictus mod when they talked about adding content, but I stopped seeing it as good when they decided to change what had already been done by paradox (Germanic zone, mission changed, etc ...). If paradox does not develop Imperator again, this game will remain a failure.

It's in a far better state than when PDX left it, the game isn't a failure, PDX simply failed "it".

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's in a far better state than when PDX left it, the game isn't a failure, PDX simply failed "it".
It's an understatement to say it's better than when it came out. It came out empty. There it is less empty (if we exclude 80% of the nations), more beautiful, but it is not what it should be. When I say that the game is a failure, it is because it is not what it should be. We are at 2.0 it does not have the same level of games at the same stage as paradox did. Look at CK2, Stellaris at 2.0 we were above in terms of content (For reminder Ck2 is Rajas of Inda in 2.0 and Stellaris is Apocalypse in 2.0)

Reactions:
What do you dislike about us adding content to Germania and making the region borders a bit more sensical? Also we only change missions to fix them if they're broken in vanilla.
Dude the game is dead from PDX POV. Move on.

The future is Invictus.
Kinda ironic you're saying that to an Invictus Dev...

• 5Like
  • 5Haha
Reactions:
What do you dislike about us adding content to Germania and making the region borders a bit more sensical? Also we only change missions to fix them if they're broken in vanilla.

Kinda ironic you're saying that to an Invictus Dev...
So what I blame invictus. Basically I was very excited about the mod, and then I saw it. In the first place I think that only the addition of content will have been fine, no changes. The first is germania, removal of vanilla cultivation, reduction of crops, change of tags. Lots of country tag changes in different regions. Change in missions created by paradox. I don't have everything else in mind, apart from the mess in the organization. Personally I have a mod on imperator, CK2,3, EUIV, Stellaris and I try as much as possible to organize the localization or in the files easy to find myself and that's a mess. So yes the last problem does not affect the players but me it blocks all use of my mod with invictus so I go my way. After that is my opinion, if the mod goes to the players ok.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I do not want to pour cold water on the issue at hand but quoting Dnote:

We’ll of course get back to everyone with news about it as long as we have something to share!

Thus, we knew there was not going to be any development for I:R in 2021 after 2.03, but that does not mean they will instantly update their decision to us now.

On the contrary, the absence of a decision right away in January 2022 is good news because they have not decided to cancel development (something they could have decided to do during 2021).

Every day is a day they can be working in something that will announce when they are ready to share with us.

I only hope is not I:R 2 in 10 years.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I do not want to pour cold water on the issue at hand but quoting Dnote:

Thus, we knew there was not going to be any development for I:R in 2021 after 2.03, but that does not mean they will instantly update their decision to us now.

On the contrary, the absence of a decision right away in January 2022 is good news because they have not decided to cancel development (something they could have decided to do during 2021).

Every day is a day they can be working in something that will announce when they are ready to share with us.

I only hope is not I:R 2 in 10 years.

They've cancelled development already, that's blatantly obvious, there's no need for them to announce it when they can just keep radio silent and achieve the same effect without attracting more criticism...

• 1Like
Reactions:
OK I think this thread has run its course.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.