Imperator: Rome - Status Update (Apr 2021)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I had to wait posting this until I was a bit on beer and vodka, to get little bit "courage". For a damn break up letter with a company! Maybe because Paradox means something to me, and I'm honestly sad about the current situation. Like my wife says "evading emotions to country music and liquor".

I peeked at the lyrics, and couldn't resist quoting your comment here. The exact hit to my feelings about the "temporary" development suspension.

Long live the Emperor! Let our love survi-i-i-ve! Don't let a good thing di-i-i-e...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I'll never again buy anything from Paradox. I said year ago that this game is dead, and people flamed me, refusing to see reality. Game has tons of bugs, missions are unplayable. First you tricked us on release, then you leave game as it is. And some people even defending project with ideas of boosting game rating on steam. If it has bad rating, it has it for a reason.

Reactions:
Thanks for everything and good luck in your new projects. I hope to see you back soon in Imperator Rome, You have done wonders for this game which make me love it. until then I will continue enjoing the game.
Thanks for all the improvements and see you soon

• 3Like
Reactions:
I'll never again buy anything from Paradox. I said year ago that this game is dead, and people flamed me, refusing to see reality. Game has tons of bugs, missions are unplayable. First you tricked us on release, then you leave game as it is. And some people even defending project with ideas of boosting game rating on steam. If it has bad rating, it has it for a reason.

A whole year ago?

And a stopped clock is right twice a day too!

• 9Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Wow what a coincidence because in a similar vein just as I was reading this announcement I was in the process of deciding that although of course I intend to support Paradox in the long term I've decided that in the short term I'm going to stop wasting my time purchasing Paradox games as they never get finished anyway and put my money into buying other devs games instead. Obviously this is only a temporary matter and I would imagine I'll return to purchasing Paradox content at around the same time as you guys realise that insulting and deserting your playerbase is a pretty stupid thing to do and return to developing what could be a mighty fine game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have been a Paradox fan literally forever. My forum join date and badges can attest to that.
But no longer.

Paradox made their decision to abandon this game, and so I will be taking my business elsewhere from now on.

I don't only play Imperator. I play pretty much all Paradox strategy games. But this one was my favorite.
So because PDX is abandoning this game, I will now abandon ALL PDX games.
I'll never spend another dollar on Paradox, no matter the title or subject matter.

Good luck to Arheo and his team. You all did a great job.

Last edited:
  • 12Like
Reactions:
Please stay on topic, and stop being rude. Several warnings handed out, and posts deleted.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Paradox, If you need volunteers to keep the project alive and work on it, Hi! I am willing to :D Can I work from home! :D

Yes. Old Johan/Paradox created great loyalty and engagement during the days of EU2 because he still updated the game for years "on the side."

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have been a Paradox fan literally forever. My forum join date and badges can attest to that.
But no longer.

Paradox made their decision to abandon this game, and so I will be taking my business elsewhere from now on.

I don't only play Imperator. I play pretty much all Paradox strategy games. But this one was my favorite.
So because PDX is abandoning this game, I will now abandon ALL PDX games.
I'll never spend another dollar on Paradox, no matter the title or subject matter.

Good luck to Arheo and his team. You all did a great job.
This feels like the most terrible break up. Management really just said "It's not us it's you" to every person who bought this game and walked off without even splitting the last bill... First I was very angry. Now I'm just baffled as I'm looking at the size of their cojones doing this exactly as EU4 has a complete meltdown due to them failing with managing development on a single DLC.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Another weird decision: Humble Store is currently holding a sale on Paradox stuff. There are discounts on most EU4, CK2, Stellaris and HOI4 DLC, except for the very newest release in each case. I dunno if Paradox has any input on what gets discounted, but I think they probably do. I know that Steam sales work that way. Anyway, for Imperator, only the game itself is on sale. None of the DLC are. If you're Paradox, why wouldn't you want to encourage people to try the game, see if it can gain fanbase so you can maybe bring it back in the future? Is the ~$4 more per DLC really more important to you?

• 2Like
Reactions:
The disappointment that was CK3, the Leviathan debacle and now this. To quote Alestorm: "An unforgivable offence, of that there is no doubt"
Probably the end of me buying Paradox products for the foreseeable future.
Some people will call you out on CK3 being a "good" game. But I'm not afraid to say the truth. I lost interest in CK3 the moment I saw the Levy being auto generated out of thin air in your army on a single province. What next? Vicotria III's mobilization just insta gives you 400 brigades in 1 day?

• 3Like
Reactions:
As community guys said in desperation after the latest EU4 debacle "But but gaiz we really listen to your community feedback!!!11!!1!!!!1!!!111!!!". Yeah right Paradox, sure you do. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure that community guys really listened to out feedback (it's their work though), but guys responsible for game development didn't.

Reactions:
This is very saddening, disappointing, concerning tbh. Had a very rough start, but with all the subsequent patches I honestly think Imperator is probably Paradox's best game at the moment. But it's not all the way there yet. Still needs bug-fixing, balancing, and ideally at least one big update linking the political system together with the POP/class/culture system, and probably another one focused on AI/diplomacy. With that done, it would be pretty much complete & unparalleled as a simulation of the period.

But all things considered, what with the game's flawed release and consequent low profile, it doesn't feel easy to see the game's development being picked up properly again after a long hiatus. I hope that's not the case.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't really write in forums and enjoy lurking more or less :D , but I felt the urge to post this picture from my business class in Uni which pretty much explains what is happening here and wouldn't really be conspiring that the game is dead they literally said its on hold. Textbook stage gate imo. But that's just my 5 cents.

Project.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
When we've stopped development on a game in the past, (recent examples, Planetfall, Battletech, CK2), we've been quite clear about it in our communications.

I hope you don't stop growing Imperator. It's really in a place that's good and now it needs content as the game play is really enjoyable.

With that said, a humble suggestion:

Put 2-3 people on Imperator to fix bugs only -- it's a small team and they don't have to be full time on IR.

1. Create this team before the Steam Summer Sale.
2. Announce that a team for Imperator has been put together about 2 weeks prior to the Steam Summer Sale.
3. Have one of them post here that they are beginning work on fixing bugs.

This will generate positive buzz before the steam sale, it will ensure it's not a "dead/abandoned game" which will give a positive perception to would be new buyers and will be encouraging for people to pick up the game on sale while it's in a good playable state.

Last edited:
  • 15Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.