Imperator: Rome Developer Diary - June 8th 2020

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are a few different outcomes. Nothing is set in stone in this world, they could even refuse (though their head of family would have to be quite disloyal for this) ;)
Generally marrying your ruler or heir into another family will make them quite happy and will help with their loyalty, but could well make other families upset since they were passed over. You have control over which family you ask when you start the scheme.
Refusing the match they find for you will also not endear them to you.
Very nice, but that actions have restriction age?? I mean, if we do the scheme, the objective family will let us marry with men/women of 18-40 `fertile years´ or we will marry with elder people incapable to procreate??

Both Sicily\Sikelia and Magna Gracia (Why not use a greek name also for this one?) as vassals. This means they are now two formable of the same tier? If so it made sense, Magna Grecia is a different thing from Sicily.

About Sikelia, I remember the tag was called Sicily. This is interesting, I can propose you to add two formable, Sikelia for the Siceliote and Siculia for the Siculians.
there is already a post about suggestions for formable nations, you should post that there.

This is a great update, Epirus bloodline, new missions, unit models, can’t wait to play. Does the player have a choice to pick who rules the kingdom between Pyrrhus and Neoptolemos? Or does Pyrrhus take over by default?

Neoptolemos is one of the great What-Ifs in the game. He has Argead and Aeacid blood which makes him a legit claimant for the Macedonian throne. Neoptolemos also has motivation to attack Italy as the Italian tribes killed his father Alexandros and mutilated his body.

Reactions:
they already post that for the next patch 1.5 there will be a scheme for the players and AI to get new spouses outside the great family courts.

Where? The marriage discussion in this diary applies to specific countries.

Where? The marriage discussion in this diary applies to specific countries.

In 1.5 you can ask the heads of your great families for a spouse from among their relatives outside of court. Families themselves will also do this to eachother.
It is however not intended to be able to seek one for your dead relatives, which is a bug that the screenshot @Chopmist posted highlights ;)

Reactions:
Very cool. I'm curious what the intention is for the length of these trees. They seem fairly long and involved and I'm left wondering if the gameplay wouldn't be smoother if they were split into two or three chunks each.
Great work regardless.

What is Neoptolemos' stats? Is dethrone of him is completely deterministic with that Necessary Evils event? Or can the event/plot fail and lead to a civil war between Pyrrhus and Neoptolemos? Will Pyrrhus always get the throne somehow?

Can we do that supporting a Greek claimant more than once? Or is it a one time thing?

Is there any possibility to have those "game of thrones" events/actions(in the background or not) in the game? Not just with missions and for Epirus.
Alexandrine Ambition
Now, Pyrrhus is of course most famous for his campaigns in Italy, inspired by those of his cousin Alexander I of Epirus who died fighting the Bruttians and Lucanians and was himself attempting to emulate his nephew Alexander the Great’s eastern conquests in the west. However, Pyrrhus was famously akratic, changing his objectives on a whim and pursuing many simultaneous opportunities. To reflect this, Epirus will be able change between the two other mission trees - ‘Alexandrine Ambition’ and ‘Hellenic Contender’ - without a cooldown or loss of progress while Pyrrhus is their ruler, though at a cost to the court's confidence in their leader.

abort.png
Nice! Will AI ever do it when controlling Epirus under Pyrrhus' command?

• 4Like
Reactions:
Does the player have a choice to pick who rules the kingdom between Pyrrhus and Neoptolemos? Or does Pyrrhus take over by default?

Is dethrone of him is completely deterministic with that Necessary Evils event? Or can the event/plot fail and lead to a civil war between Pyrrhus and Neoptolemos? Will Pyrrhus always get the throne somehow?

When Pyrrhus returns the plot will occur after some time and it will be up to you to decide which king to back, with the other being killed.

• 6Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

I am skeptical of this solution. First of all, because the scheme can fail. Secondly, why is this event based? In CK2, I can choose from a list of like 200 people to marry.

• 3Like
Reactions:
No it does not :) This is a generally available thing.

Why is it event based? Also, why are you still insisting on confining marriage to the Great Families?

Reactions:
However, Pyrrhus was famously akratic, changing his objectives on a whim and pursuing many simultaneous opportunities. To reflect this, Epirus will be able change between the two other mission trees - ‘Alexandrine Ambition’ and ‘Hellenic Contender’ - without a cooldown or loss of progress while Pyrrhus is their ruler, though at a cost to the court's confidence in their leader.

The guy can't keep focus.
Can we develope some powerful technology to preserve Pyrrhus from flying roof tiles?

Anyway, i love playing with that nation, so amazing news :D

• 2Like
Reactions: