Imperator: Rome Developer Diary - 9th of November 2020

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Edited DD to add the possibility of pops dying from military losses, which somehow I missed despite it being one of the most important things here ^^

• 42Like
  • 13Love
  • 8Haha
Reactions:
Fascinating how well aligned with various discussions /suggestions regarding levies this is..!

This is a very big fundamental change that I think is a very good shift to make in the long run.

for now though, its just such a fundamental change. it will take time to get used to, for players and for AI...

I suppose levy armies won't be able to split or change commander so military manoeuvring will become simplified in some ways.

on the other hand, what does this mean for the economy of warfare? is reinforcement or maintenance affected? can you choose to raise a smaller levy from a region than what it has available?

• 8Like
Reactions:
Great diary, pretty excited on this game future!

Will new 3D units be introduced? The game is missing horse units, chairots, elephants, it would be great for immerssion.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Ok, but how/will this affect subjects?

And further, Are levies affected by strategic resources?

And how will this affect republican (monarchies???) Co-Rulers? like Rome split command equally between consuls, will this be moulded for Aristo-republics?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Since pops are tied to levies now, will you lose the pops if the unit is destroyed in battle? For example if one of your armies is completely wiped out would you lose the pops called up and thus take a hit in your economic output and everything related to pops?
I dont know, losing men was a hit to the country thats sure, but they had a new generation ready most of the times...Wiping out the entire POP is a bit too harsh imo

• 4Like
Reactions:
Edited DD to add the possibility of pops dying from military losses, which somehow I missed despite it being one of the most important things here ^^

The possibility of a pop dying as a result of combat casualties is rather ambiguous, considering the binary nature of a pop existing or being deleted - particularly for small countries.

• 6Like
Reactions:
maxresdefault.jpg

They did it, the crazy SOBs really did it!

• 20Haha
  • 7Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
I dont know, losing men was a hit to the country thats sure, but they had a new generation ready most of the times...Wiping out the entire POP is a bit too harsh imo
In my opinion, When a pop is destroyed in battle, while there should be a chance for it to get destroyed but it should be very low. Instead for most pops it should be hit by a negative modifier for like 10-20 years while that pop recovers(children grow and replace parents and have new kids etc.). Call them "decimated pops" or something, they would be working at like only 10% efficiency but would recover in time.

• 3Like
Reactions:
In my opinion, When a pop is destroyed in battle, while there should be a chance for it to get destroyed but it should be very low. Instead for most pops it should be hit by a negative modifier for like 10-20 years while that pop recovers(children grow and replace parents and have new kids etc.). Call them "decimated pops" or something, they would be working at like only 10% efficiency but would recover in time.
much better than total annihilation IMO

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why though? Its not like the nobles' entire families were drafted, they had children at home. And it's not like every single adult male was sent to war, too.
I used the nobles as example.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I declared this game dead when CK3 came out, and I really love CK3. I was so disappointed in Imperator, though I kept a hope until CK3 and tried to play it and find joy, but alas.

This update, and all previous ones for the upcoming update has revived mye belief in this game... This is a MAJOR turnaround for the game, the visuals, the warfare, the closer to ancient history mechanics and the growing difference in gameplay from faction to faction.

• 9Like
Reactions: