Imperator: Rome Developer Diary - 2nd of December

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Was there any screenshots of this "line system" anywhere? I'd love to see it.
from @Long Game Short discord...
unknown.png

unknown.png

Excellent update! I've got a few questions:
  1. Great Families system will be later modified with a more fluid and dynamic system than it's now (I refer to the country rank related to the number of GF)?
  2. As for modding, what it is like to create a character? Will he/she be a Minor or a member of a random GF? Scripted/modded events will be Minor Events or Great Events?

- Changed color of Carthage to white.

This one seems to be missing :p

They're just trolling us with shitty minty green at this point. They know they're wrong but they can't admit it. But hey ho, it's only a map colour, and mods avaialble to fix the lunacy.

:rolleyes:

I'm very much looking forward to the update though. So swings and roundabouts.

Last edited:
- Enslavement efficiency reduced across the board, by 25-50%
- Slaves should no longer be added above the maximum population capacity of a territory.
- Slaves that are taken are now somewhat less likely to end up in the country capital.

Really welcome changes, this is great :)

Added Supply Trains and a Support Units category, which will be deployed last on the battlefield and cannot be part of retinues.
Raze and Pillage can now be used regardless of whether you're at war with the province owner. It will add a stacking opinion debuff each time the action is performed. If opinion goes below -180, a war will be declared, treating the pillaging country as attacker.

Hopefully this brings the decentralised tribes back towards Hit-and-Run, and generally being a pest, sounds good!

Something that just occurred to me, how does the food supply interact with migrations? Has the range of feasible migrations just plummeted?

Something that just occurred to me, how does the food supply interact with migrations? Has the range of feasible migrations just plummeted?

Somewhat :)
You can of course siege down province capitals to restock just as a normal army, but that does mean getting involve in wars on the way.

So, tribe or not, restocking requires capture of the provincial capital? Did I get that right?

Restocking food from a provincial food supply requires control of the Province Capital, yes. This is since Food is stored in Provinces and not in territories (just as in 1.2). This is why you can deny enemy forts their food by capturing enemy province capitals in 1.2 as well.

While at peace you always have control over your own province capitals though so this is mostly something to keep in mind in wartime :)

In wartime you can of course also bring more food to an army operating in enemy territory using supply trains. That may be harder for a tribe that has uprooted its entire country to migrate though.

Can't wait! I'm really grateful for your hard work on this game, Paradox. Kudos to you!