Imperator: Rome Developer Diary - 19th of October 2020

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is absolutely fantastic, gotta say big thanks to you guys @Trin Tragula it is great to see you not only keep working on this game but keep improving it at a meteoric pace. That said, I really do wish forts were tied more strongly to cities rather than the castle-like way forts work right now. Putting down garrison-towns and founding new cities was the primary ancient method of building defences and controlling areas.

Still, this looks absolutely fantastic!

But they have to keep that way imo to let you block strategic locations and (mountain) paths so the enemies are not floating into your backland and annoy the sh** out of you :D

Been away from the forums for a couple of weeks due to life related issues but after seeing this DD I just had to say this:

I really, really appreciate both the Dev team's work ethic/vision and its relationship with the community. I know that Paradox is one of the most transparent companies but I believe that due to Imperator's small playerbase and the backlash the game received the Devs have adopted a very humble and down to earth approach with how they view the community.
You guys have really taken both harsh and constructive criticism at heart and continue to bring wonderful innovations and additions to the game that are in line with what the community actually wants. The update is looking excellent and the game is starting to shape up into a gem patch by patch

A big thank you to both the Devs and my fellow community members for sticking by the game and passionately supporting it.

P.S. I advise those who read this message to check out the Senatus Populusque subforum, either to support the fantastic suggestions that are often uploaded there or post their own. It is unfortunate that so many do not even know of its existence.

Last edited:
  • 21Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Im just wondering: when the units clash in battle, will we get better animations on how the battle is going on, like flanking of Cav etc? CK2 had a neat feature where the army was split in 3, hence we could kind of RP what happened.

@Trin Tragula , the only critique I can immediately think of about these ideas is this: the Gates icon is, for me, pretty hard to discern at a glance. Maybe this is still WIP, but could you talk to the UI people about making something with more contrast on various map modes?

1603119853153.png

• 14Like
Reactions:
This update looks very promising so far, lowering the troop count to 500 in every cohort is great but I'd have prefered if the amount of men varied between different cohorts. It's weird when archers, chariots, light infantry and elephants all have the same amount.

• 3Like
Reactions: